Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Hi all. Just registered, but have been checking ECF out the last week or so. Bought a disposable at a local gas station to try them, and was actually better than I thought it would be. So I went back and got the reusable one they had, a Jasper&Jasper $20 starter. After reading what people here had to say, I have decided to get a 510. Xtreme vaping has a Joye 510 PCC Kit for 24.95, and I am thinking of getting it, but would appreciate any thoughts on this. From what I've read it sounds like a good deal, and I have heard good things about Xtreme vaping. I have already taken some first steps toward committing to PVs, I already have VG, some flavorings, nic juice, and have mixed some up and used in my J&J, but I want to step up to a better one, and 510 sounds like a good one. I know from reading posts here that extras are needed, but before I order it (already have the cart filling up :)), I would really appreciate some advice here about what extras to get, which attys, carts, etc. before I complete the order. Everyone here seems so helpful, and really knowledgeable about this, and I'm just an unlearned noob about it, I know I can benefit from all of your experience. Thanks to all of you here for what I have learned already, reading all of the posts I have has probably saved me a ton of $$ and a lot of headaches, and in advance for any help I can get. I know I get longwinded sometimes, so I'll post this so I can get a reply, and then (finally heheh) I can get my order in.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Have you considered stepping up to an eGo kit? It's the size of a sharpie marker...better battery life and a bigger hit from the vapor production which is better than the Joye 510 slim ecig...just a thought. If you go with this kit, I suggest...box of 2.0ohm Boge cartomizers, a drip tip or 2 (feels better on the lips), a couple of low resistance atomizers, and some juice.

If you wanting to stick with the slim 510, then I suggest this...box of standard resistance Boge cartomizers (3ohm), a drip tip or 2 (feels better on the lips), a couple standard resistance atomizers (3ohm'ish), and juice.

If you want to try the tank system (egot-t) go with the low resistance on the tanks as I've heard they are a little better than regular resistance. I'm not a fan of the t-tank system but it works for others.

I will tell you this in advance. I normally don't recommend using low resistance on proprietary batteries like the ego because they pull too hard on the batteries. Low resistance was designed for a "true" 3.7V PV like the Prodigy V3.1 from puresmoker.com as an example. However, that's up to you.

Low resistance provides a warmer vape than standard resistance. DO NOT use low resistance on any type of slim ecig...it will kill your battery permanently.

E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings for the ego kit. october20 for 20% off your total order. Shipping is $2.99.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Hey, thanks for your responses, all of you. Sorry I took so long to get back. I checked your suggestions, and in the end decided to go with the 510 PCC, the price had a bit to do with it, but also I think (HOPE!) I will be happy with that setup. I was only smoking 2 to 3 analogs a day, so it should do nicely. I do thank you Hairball for the advice on what to get with it, cartos and attys, and I never thought of a drip tip, wasn't even sure what it was :) but when I did find out (and as many times as I have had to fill this J&J, LOL, of course it can only hold about 2 drops) I really like that idea. When it gets here I'll let you all know how it works out. Thanks again, all of you for taking the time to help me out. I'm looking forward to talking with you all again.

Balth

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Welcome to ECF!!!

Your venture into a 510 would open your options up to a vast number of attys and cartos.
A riva or ego kit would give you an all day battery, and be the size of a very small cigar.
(I smoked cigars, would rather it bigger...:lol:)

Check the front page of the forum for a list of register vendors that have the fortitude to
put up with the ECF membership. They have fair prices and great customer service or
suffer our wrath :)

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Thanks Stosh. As I am finding out in the ECF forums, I will prob upgrade, improve, add to, and generally go onwards and upwards with this new 'hobby' :). I can't wait to try out the 510, because this J&J is really annoying, trying to refill, won't hit most of the time (too much or little filler maybe?) The part of the cartridge you take out and refill is about the size of 3/4 in. long coffee stirrer. I got my order of nic. and flavor today (actually yesterday, but didn't check the mail, ordered it just Thursday) so I made enough juice to last, and am dying to try it out with something decent :).

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Great thing about the 510 kit, if you do decide to upgrade to an ego for longer batt life, all the stuff you've already bought will work. You'd just need the bigger batts and an ego charger. (I've heard a normal 510 charger will work with ego batts, just takes alot longer to charge, but haven't tried it myself. The opposite is not true. Can't use an ego charger on 510 batts).

I have an ego, and love it. But, the normal 510 is a very solid choice, imo :)

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Thanks Maximilian. I will probably get an ego later on, and good to know that what I am getting is upgradeable to it. The charging time isn't a big deal, for now anyway. I sit at my computer all day, so when not in use I can always keep it charged. My GF has a NOOK with a bad charging cord, and when she got the new one I got her wall charger, which has a USB connection, so I can use it to wall charge, which helps. It puts out 5v and I tried it with my (el cheapo) J&J and it worked great. If I understand right, the ego and the 510 batteries will both work with my 510 setup, so I could switch batteries if I had to? I may even get a passthrough at some point, depending on how much I use it. Not a real heavy smoker right now, but the time I have had the J&J I enjoy it more than smoking (these analogs do taste funny after a few days without :)) thanks, and will keep in touch (hey, I can go to the big boys forum now LOL)

Balth

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Sounds like you made a good choice for yourself. Being a very light smoker like you were, it will serve you well. Just remember to have a few spares around. An extra battery or two, extra charger, a box of cartos and some juice to last you for a couple of weeks. Always remember to have a back up. And a back up for your back up. I know it's expensive getting started, but having an extra battery, charger, cartos and juice will keep things running smooth. You've already been forced back to analogs once. Just keeping those few things at hand will keep it from happening again. My motto when it comes to vaping is be prepared. Good luck with your vaping journey. You'll do great.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Thank you Tracey1 :) I did order spare cartos, am making my own juice (sort of LOL), a drip tip, an extra atty, but didn't get an extra battery. I'll be sure to add that to my next order. And with the advice from everyone here, and learn-as-I-go, I'll get into the habit (great, another habit heheh) of ordering BEFORE I need it. But so far it's been an enjoyable learning experience. The two weeks or so without more than a couple of analogs has been worth it (never really noticed the funky taste of analogs so much til yesterday :) ). The J&J I got was to see if I would like PV, and even with it going kaput on me, helped make my decision, and all of the help from you and everyone here will ensure that it is the right one. Thanks again, and to everyone here.

Balth

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Hello everyone again. I just got my 510 yesterday afternoon. It's AWESOME!!
:toast: :w00t: :thumbs: :party: Now I shouldn't have to go back to analogs any more. I have spare atty, spare carto, making juice so should be good there. Only spare I forgot was a battery, so I will order that along with a couple more cartos. I haven't had to recharge it yet (surprising, playing with new toy a LOT LOL) or change cart. It hits great, flavor is a lot better than gs one (but is that really surprising :) ). I know there are better ones out there, but right now I'm in Vaping Heaven. When the carts run out, I will go to my 'Laboratory' and see what kind of strange and wonderful flavors I can come up with (likely more strange than wonderful). I think I'll start with a fresh out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookie :drool:. Thanks to all of you for your help and support, and I'll be around,(will always be learning, and enjoying talking to you great people :laugh:

Balth :vapor:

baronvoncardo

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
SE Wisconsin
www.youtube.com
Welcome, Bathezar. Don't worry, starting with lousy equipment is a right of passage! Nearly all of us here did. Looks like you got lots of good suggestions. You are smart to have joined ECF so soon. It took me well over a year to find my way here and learned lots of things the hard way. You are way ahead of the game. Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread