• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hello fellow Nebraskans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Oh yeah...also picked up a bottle of Mts-vape wizard but haven't delved into that yet, and need to pick up some acv(apple cider vinegar) then set down and go mix crazy.

Is the MTS only at freedomsmokesusa or is there something like it else where? I think I remember hearing something about the ACV being good for toning down sweetness and enhancing tobacco flavours..does it do anything else and have you tried it before (what does it do exactly to the tobacco flavour)?

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Got the vape wizard(mys) at ecx also...flavourart product I think. Acv supposedly makes tobacco flavors pop. Haven't tried it yet but will soon.

I stared vaping in Nov. 2010, so 1.5 years...give or take. Diy was the next logical step. Found a great pv(silver bullet) and cartos that work well.
Just got tired of chasing all these must have juices that turn out to be mediocre at best, and paying up to a buck a ml. for it.

gbr.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Got the vape wizard(mys) at ecx also...flavourart product I think. Acv supposedly makes tobacco flavors pop. Haven't tried it yet but will soon.

I stared vaping in Nov. 2010, so 1.5 years...give or take. Diy was the next logical step. Found a great pv(silver bullet) and cartos that work well.
Just got tired of chasing all these must have juices that turn out to be mediocre at best, and paying up to a buck a ml. for it.

gbr.

Good to know I can get everything under 1 or 2 roofs still.

Man, I cannot wait until I get to that long with vaping. That is a great feat fwiw, congratulations! Good ol SB, do want one of those but I believe I have educated my 'ol lady enough that she knows (well assumes at least) it is pretty similar to the Bolt, so will have to attempt to "break" mine in order to grab one. Saw that they released a nice gold and black SB and want to pair it with a black and gold J-Tank!

Yeah, I have found 3 or 4 juices that really do it for me but would like some more variety and a personal touch. I will have to say that all of the hype surrounding Boba's Bounty, I steered clear of it until I got sent a sample..well I may end up grabbing a nice size bottle even though it is pricey.

Well keep me updated on how your adventuring develops and when I begin to thoroughly explore it I will do the same.. Will probably pop in and out of the ecigxpress and VZ threads and see what's flowing!

go hawkeyes

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Black and gold. Starting to see a trend:)...will have to go and check out that "hawkeye" bullet. I wish I had just gone with a bullet from the start and skipped the egos and others. Have a chrome...want a black chrome also and now a hawk bullet.

Not familiar with a bolt, other than what I've read. Not familiar with the J-tank either. Need to look at it also. I'm using a homemade syringe tank....about $2. On my second one. First one went about 6 months before the seals got wonky.

Bobbas?? 100% vg? Don't know if i could do that heavy of a vg. I like pg and the th it gives. Give an update on your diy shopping spree.

Gbr

Last edited:

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
There ya go

yellow.jpg
4591.jpg

go hawkeyes

Last edited:

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Not familiar with a bolt, other than what I've read. Not familiar with the J-tank either. Need to look at it also. I'm using a homemade syringe tank....about $2. On my second one. First one went about 6 months before the seals got wonky.

Bobbas?? 100% vg? Don't know if i could do that heavy of a vg. I like pg and the th it gives. Give an update on your diy shopping spree.

Gbr

I am thinking also about making a couple homemade tanks but have not gotten around to it. I think I may have already picked up O-rings and probably stuck them somewhere and forgot about em lol.

Yeah, I was a tad worried about a 100% VG liquid however, it was not bad at all to work with. A little deceptive in my cartos but worked out nicely. Have also been reading some iffy things regarding PG. I take it with a grain of salt at this point, and since I don't seem to have any negative effects from it, I'll continue using it in my liquids.

Shopping list is made and it is extensive. Also found a gallon of highly regarded VG online for $15 (sale) as well as the PG. A bunch of other supplies for half the cost that I have seen, and now I will be able to pick up 20-30 flavours to start off with!

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Your pending shopping frenzy makes me a tad jealous. Not that I don't have enough crap...just want more.
30 flavors ought to last you through the year. When you mix up that omg juice you have to promise to ship me a big bottle of it. If i blindly stumble onto a keeper I'll do the same.

Gbr(check out the big "G"

There is always room for more. Just glad I have a SO that understands and let me be all "nerdy" like with everything.
When I first read that, it read "When you mix up that 0(zero) MG juice.." I'm guess OMG, as in Oh my. Haha, if you want no nic I can sure handle that, buuuuut..

What nic level you want and what flavours get you going so when I get some done I can send one to ya to hopefully knock yer socks off?

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Yeah..sorry. that was oh my god not zero nic. Zero nic vaping would be akin to non-alcoholic beer.drinking....no point lol.
I'm a tobacco vaper. Every time I think I want a sweet or fruity juice it just doesn't do it for me. I do have plans to dabble in fruit/tobacco mixing. I have had a few of those that I like.

What's your vape flavor preference?

I see vz has added a few new flavors. I assume you're looking at a few of those.

Gbr

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Oh ..nic level. Been doing 25 on my mixes but up til then had been rocking 36. I'm not to sure that I'm all that addicted to nic. Think the whole thing is more of an oral fixation and the act of "smoking". I do like the th nic gives so I guess the higher the better. Think I'm going to mix up a few tomorrow night and nic them up a bit.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I second that on the tobacco mixes and usually 12-18mg. Tried I few fruity flavors and, while tasty, not my vape style. I think the tobacco bases with some various fruit undertones are going to be my guilty pleasure. My SO likes fruity and menthol/ice(cool hit) So any of hers that I have liked enough to fill a carto, have had a tobacco base added..now I want to recreate those. I have not checked the new flavours, but will do that upon completing this post! Hope you find success with your mixing, sir!

go hawkeyes

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I think you and I are basically like minded as far as what we like in a liquid(base tobacco-now impress me with an accent)...you agree?
This could be fun...both of us starting to mix...same basis...and we are pretty close geographically...

You said your SO likes cool(not menthol..right)? Ecx...menthol-hot-cold. Koolada. Not menthol but a cold sensation..Might be one you would want to look at. I'm not a mentholic...but this has kinda piqued my interest.

If I weren't so darned tired, I would head down to "the lab" and whip up a couple, but that's probably going to have to wait til Sunday(right in the middle of the berkshire hathaway annual circle jerk ) and warren and his minions have worn me out for the last 2 weeks.

Check out that koolada and see what you think of it from the description. One of the threads had people drooling over it.I could see that possibly being a nice bacco additive in a very small amount.

gbr

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
We do seem to be pretty similar as far that one goes, sir. Yeah, the koolada is what is in my shopping cart! She does like menthol and such, but can't get enough of adding cool hit to everything.

Haha "Woodstock for Capitalists" got you all tuckered, eh? Has he mentioned anything about a successor by chance?

go hawkeyes

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I'm sure warren feels he is going to live forever...
Don't mean to sound all shi#$y about the guy, but he makes a big deal about Omaha...and he lives here...and buffet foundations for this and that. Even warren buffets money can't change the world...but it can make huge impacts in little corners of the world.

Omaha guy/all the $$$ .....there should never be a hungry/cold homeless person in omaha. Omaha should be the "emerald city" of the world.

Since I started this reply...he has probably made more than you and I make in a year. All of the attendees at this "annual meeting" are expected to spend and buy from all of the other companies that are held by BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY.. big ol blowout at borsheims last night. All attendees were expected to go and expected to buy. What a racket...the guy is using his own business core to generate more $$$ for his own wallet.

Sorry...went a little overboard there. The whole beloved grandpa thing is a sham. Dude would off you and his mom for a $.

On a side note....koolada....interesting no?

Just mixed up a few. Played with the vape wizard this time. Power steeping as I type. We shall see. 1 week into committing to diy in lieu of dropping my hard earned bucks on "pro juice"...I'm feeling pretty good about it. Just been tinkering. Haven't broken out the log to lee track of every drop/ml yet....just playing. But need to get serious about it soon.

Glad you continue to to post here pitt. Makes me all warm and fuzzy. Can't believe more local peeps aren't here. I know they ate out there. Oh well...if it ends up being only you and I here..that's cool...I'm a hawkizefan fan and you love black and gold...lol..that is so Freuedian(sp)...

Gotta go...tear down for warren.

Gbr

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I will have to say that he seems to be put on a pedestal for all he "does", but have always suspected that most of it is (was) a smokescreen for leeching. Man, what good that guy could truly do..

Koolada is very interesting, especially to my SO. We enjoy Mister-E-Liquid and hers are typically picked off of their Ice menu, which is why she initially was hesitant in me doing the DIY. I assured her after finding the additive used that it would be easy to recreate, hence the nicely sized shopping limit!

How has the wizard treated you so far, or is it still too early to tell? Man all this has got me excited and can't wait til I can click on my many 'check out now' buttons.

Warm and fuzzy, eh? Haha well I'm glad we are at least keeping this NE area open and running. I would have guessed that of the 14 or 15 Nebraska Vapers group members, there would at least be a small handful of banter from others. Right now I almost feel like Gyllenhaal and Ledger on a mountain somewhere (well, without their added "interests".) Well soon enough, maybe. Tried talking the peeps we converted in joining ECF and including convo in here, but they would rather be on FB or some crap like that.

Go Black and Gold in whatever form!

go hawkeyes

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Tried the vape wizard yesterday. Mixed up 4 @ 8ml and 1 @ 20. Going to let them steep a bit(right...I'll bust into them today :D) but it sure did darken them up.

Got to make this short. Need to slam some coffee and go out front and start cutting up my tree that bit the dust last night. Snapped it clean off about a foot under ground. Luckily It's only 10 years old so not huge, but still not what i had planned for today.

Gbr

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Oh boy, good luck with that. Happened to me a couple of years ago while I was visiting my dad. This one was quite the large tree and bit it over and across his drive. Took us an entire day to remove it.

Yeah, I'm curious how well that VW will handle and if it is going to be quite a difference, or akin to, using say ACV..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread