Hello Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouse

Feb 11, 2018
Rochester, NY
Hi everyone, just signed up and wanted to introduce myself...

This is attempt #2 at the anolog > vape switch. My wife and I just bought new setups (our old ones seem so dated, after only 2 years lol). I'm liking the beefier manufactured coils much better than the old school tiny ones that would burn up quick. My downfall last time, was sticking to one flavor..for a few months. Eventually it started tasting disgusting to me..matter of fact, so did everything else I tried. It was strange, as if I killed/......ed my taste buds.

I just found a flavor I like (Cereal Trip by Bad Drip). Going to continue sampling others, so I can have some variety on hand. My primary vape is a smok Stick Prince. I also have a cloud beast tank sitting on a larger mod, but I'm actually liking the Prince better atm.

I'm not totally free of the cigs yet, but I'm smoking much less as I continue to wean myself (mostly mentally) off them. I'm glad to be here, and have already learned so much from browsing various posts.

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_034518.jpg
    IMG_20180211_034518.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Hello, welcome :) .
You have all you need to stop smoking for good. Set a date that you choose to be the last day you'll smoke a cigarette. In the meantime, try to smoke as less as you can. I can almost assure you that by the time the day comes, you'll have already been free of the sticks. Good luck!

Clouse

Feb 11, 2018
Rochester, NY
Thank you very much!

That's a plan. Btw, what is the tank in your pic? Looks like a good mouth to lung tank? I jumped right to the larger tanks this time around, as I knew I would end up there anyway :) Although, for quitting cig purposes (taking a drag, rather than straight lung blasts), the smaller tanks like that one do seem appealing as well.

Thanks again for the welcome and advice!

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Good luck on your second attempt. Hopefully this will be final one. You seem committed. I stopped regular cigs as soon as I started vaping. Everyone is different. I am pretty much an "all of nothing" type so I would not be successful if I was smoking and vaping. In addition to the equipment, I think a large part of switching from analog to ecigs is making sure you have juices that you really like and having the right strength of nicotine to satisfy you.

Clouse

Feb 11, 2018
Rochester, NY
Hey Chellie. Thank you for the well wishes. That's great. It is definitely inspiring to here the success of another former smoker. I like your all-or-nothing approach. I currently have a few packs left in the last carton I bought. I will not be making my normal 'almost out' trip to the Indian rez this time :)

Great to meet you and thanks again!

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Thank you very much!

That's a plan. Btw, what is the tank in your pic? Looks like a good mouth to lung tank? I jumped right to the larger tanks this time around, as I knew I would end up there anyway :) Although, for quitting cig purposes (taking a drag, rather than straight lung blasts), the smaller tanks like that one do seem appealing as well.

Thanks again for the welcome and advice!
That's the subtank mini by kangertech. Does really well with DT, but can satisfy you 100% with MTL too. You just use the 1-1,2 ohm coil and close the airflow to medium. On of the best tanks for its price in my opinion. You can find it everywhere.
Kangertech Subtank Mini 4.5ml Tank

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! Good luck on your second attempt and it sounds like you've it through. What happened last time sounds like vapers tongue, which is where you lose your ability to taste your vape. It happens to many vapers at some point or another and there is no real cure. It may only affect one flavor or sometimes all flavors. The best course is to just keep vaping through it and taste will return in one or a few days.

Switching of with other flavors rather than relying on only one is certainly a good plan. Good luck on this round.

Paul Burfoot

Jan 28, 2018
Burton on Trent
Hi and welcome. I tend to have a couple of mods set up with different flavours so I can switch during the day. One with a custard and a fruity flavour to help keep my taste buds going. I used to use the same flavour for such a long time when I started vaping and I got to a point where I could not longer taste it and nearly gave up until I was told to change it up. There is a wealth of help and information here to help if you need it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
First, welcome to ECF and I'm glad you and your wife are making another quit attempt. That's great.

Even rotating flavors (which is a good idea) you may still get vaper's tongue at some point. Usually happens as the old, damaged tastebuds die off from smoking and get replaced. It's fairly common, but it usually only lasts a few days. I'd recommend getting some unflavored and keeping it around for those 3 days to a week-ish, so that you don't have the "expectation" of flavor and wind up disappointed. The most important thing to know about vapor's tongue is that it passes, given enough time, and should really only happen once provided you don't return to smoking. Knowing it will pass is sometimes enough motivation to keep going. Lots of remedies for vaper's tongue should you need them. You may or may not, every quit is different, but if you do, find a way to vape through it, don't return to smoking.

Wishing you much success this time around. I took me a while to totally return to vaping as well. Many years. Good luck,

Anna

Clouse

Feb 11, 2018
Rochester, NY
That's the subtank mini by kangertech. Does really well with DT, but can satisfy you 100% with MTL too. You just use the 1-1,2 ohm coil and close the airflow to medium. On of the best tanks for its price in my opinion. You can find it everywhere.
Kangertech Subtank Mini 4.5ml Tank
Nice. I'll keep an eye out. Thank you!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread