Hello from India - noob vaper needing help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The good news is for much stuff, FT is not a terrible option honestly. They do really well, especially for the volume they sell.

I'd recommend an external charger as well, if you can get your hands on one. Getting vape gear sounds hard, so you really want to take care of what you can get your hands on. You don't want a USB port to die on you, it's really unfortunate.

I probably would not start with a liter of nicotine, probably. I might start with a small amount. I believe IIRC that FT does sell very small amounts of wholesale nic. I am not recommending their nic, necessarily (I have not tried it, but I have not needed to) but it might be one DIY option.

Also FT does have message boards, so if you find yourself interested in the DIY nicotine, you coul look on their forums to see what others who have used it are saying about it.

Best of luck,

Anna

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Baditude
Gotcha, thanks. So if I want a variable wattage mod like the kroma kit the disadvantage is in built battery. And if I go for pro C that has replaceable battery, there is no wattage control. So I guess the answer is to get a mod that can house batteries as well as do TC and wattage control correct? So going by that what is the mod to buy? Is that in your starter advice too? Or is that too advanced for a beginner like me?

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
@Letitia
Thanks for that. But how do I, in general, check for compatibility between devices? Just to read up in case there is something to be learnt there. Also is there any advantage to getting the zenith tank? Does it score over the cascade tank? Or is having an extra tank better overall?
Look for the words: 510 connector on mods and tanks.
510 is the standard thread. (not talking about Provaris here)

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I'd recommend an external charger as well, if you can get your hands on one.
I agree..it doesn't have to be an expensive fancy charger..my first few 18650 chargers were five bucks or were free with the purchase of X_Fire batteries
(BTW Ananth, stay away from batteries with the word "Fire" in the brand...they're likely to live up to their name)

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@HazyShades
PERSISTENCE indeed !! For all the help I am getting, that seems the minimum reciprocation no? This is an amazing forum with AMAZING people :)
Thanks for the information on the 510 and FIRE, will keep that in mind

@stols001
Thanks for that information. DIY juice is the next step I guess but I want my first imports to arrive in shape. A mini milestone of sorts :D

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for that. But how do I, in general, check for compatibility between devices? Just to read up in case there is something to be learnt there. Also is there any advantage to getting the zenith tank? Does it score over the cascade tank? Or is having an extra tank better overall?

So if I want a variable wattage mod like the kroma kit the disadvantage is in built battery. And if I go for pro C that has replaceable battery, there is no wattage control. So I guess the answer is to get a mod that can house batteries as well as do TC and wattage control correct? So going by that what is the mod to buy? Is that in your starter advice too? Or is that too advanced for a beginner like me?
"All-in-one" setups like the Pro C are classified as AIO setups, and always have a dedicated tank designed specifically for that battery device. They are usually not variable wattage, which in my opinion really limits your options to experiment for a truly satisfying vape. Although they have their place, I never recommend them.

Every serious vaper needs to have two of everything that they use to vape. What if you drop your setup and break the glass in your tank or damage the battery device? Having backups helps keep you from having to go back to cigarettes until you are able to get a replacement.

The Zenith tank is very popular and comes highly recommended here on ECF.

I do list several external battery mods in my prior link that many here on ECF recommend.

External Battery Mods with Variable Wattage

Eleaf-iStick-Pico-700.jpg

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W starter kit ~$40 (single 18650 battery mod) Supports wattage and TC.

Eleaf-Invoke-presentation.jpg

Eleaf Invoke starter kit ~$50 (dual 18650 battery mod). 220 watts. Supports wattage and Temp Control.

maxresdefault.jpg

Vaporesso Swag starter kit ~$45 (single 18650 battery). 80 watts. Supports wattage and TC.

geekvape-aegis-kit-aegis-100w-mod-with-new.jpg

Geekvape Aegis starter kit ~$60 (single battery; supports multiple battery sizes with included battery adapter sled). Water, shock and dust resistant resulting in one of the more rugged and durable mods on the market. 80 watts. Wattage and TC. Supports 18650/2660/2077/21700 battery sizes.

Geekvape Aegis Legend 200 watt mod available (uses two 18650 batteries) (~ $65)

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
So going by that what is the mod to buy?
I'm partial to the eVic mini
upload_2018-8-17_12-56-57.jpeg
I own six of them..but a good starter kit is the Kangertech Subox Mini.

upload_2018-8-17_12-58-47.jpeg

Both are available for 20-30 bucks (US)
You can graduate to rebuildable tanks next..so you won't have to worry about buying (or rebuilding :facepalm: ) coilheads

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If you are wanting a more resticted draw and better battery life then yes the zenith will is a good buy. That would leave you with the Cascade tank as a backup and to have to change it up once in awhile.
I personally favor dual 18650 devices for longer run time. There are many good devices in the clearance section. Look there and pick a couple that catches your eye then come ask us about them.

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Baditude
Understood, so the zenith tank can go with my cascade and serve as a tank backup. But then it does not have replaceable batteries. So what is the one solution to this? The pro C has its advantages in terms of battery but not a tank issue. I am confused here as to how I can go down the variable wattage path with the devices I have at hand

Reactions: stols001

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
The Ego AiO is an actual "in one" device insofar it combines the atomizer and mod into 1 big block, nothing to screw on or to replace. Has the advantage that "leaking" won't be a thing for you. Plus, it has a steel cage around the tank glass, so you'll have a hard time breaking it. Unlike the majority of other AiO devices.
@tailland
70/30 juices are good to go with the pro C right? Just that I have a bunch of them with me and dont want to spend on those again !
Just use the coils as they're supposed to be used, and you'll be fine with 70/30. I am.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Baditude
Understood, so the zenith tank can go with my cascade and serve as a tank backup. But then it does not have replaceable batteries. So what is the one solution to this? The pro C has its advantages in terms of battery but not a tank issue. I am confused here as to how I can go down the variable wattage path with the devices I have at hand
You simply have to decide if you want to invest in another device that lets you control the wattage or stick with what you have. Slow down and think about what is going to work for you going forward in the long term.

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Letitia
I get it. The eventual goal is to get something to control wattage so that the vaping experience is good. The immediate goal is to keep the cigarettes at bay. But I understand that I need to make up my mind about getting another device. Slightly difficult decision for me to make just yet :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You can either buy a "starter kit" which includes both the battery device and a tank, or buy the battery device and tank separately.

Often the starter kits come with a nice desirable battery device, and a "so-so" tank included. I prefer to buy the battery device and tank separately so that I get exactly what I want. This might mean spending a bit more than a starter kit typically costs, but I usually end up happier in the long run.

BTW, I edited my previous post a while back to show a few recommended external battery mods with variable wattage.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
@HazyShades
There are just so many variant - eVic vtwo, eVIc tron S - what exactly am I looking for and they are all VERY VERY costlier than the 20-30 you said :(

@Letitia
My bad, but what is the clearance section?

Remember, persistence..and google can be your friend if you stroke it.
It is possible they cost more..maybe 70 dollars for you due to shipping charges to India.

The eVic mini is basically the same whether v1 or v2. I have 3 v1, 3 v2.
I purchased four of those w/o tanks..2 came with the Tron. Both Trons, S and T are the same and use the same Ego One Atomizer Heads such as the CL, CLR, CL-Ni (Nickel), and the CL-Ti (Titanium).

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
@Letitia
I get it. The eventual goal is to get something to control wattage so that the vaping experience is good. The immediate goal is to keep the cigarettes at bay. But I understand that I need to make up my mind about getting another device. Slightly difficult decision for me to make just yet :(
First learn to use the Ego. The available coils fit this device very well. It will bring you safely away from cigs, and will accompany you wherever you go.

THEN take your time and contemplate if/what kind of other device you'd appreciate. As soon as you know that, we can take it from there. Because otherwise, you'll be completely overwhelmed by the options the ecig market offers you, and you'll very likely make an expensive and wrong choice :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread