Hello! from Los Angeles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWRasaurus

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES
greeting! ECF!

My name is Jeremy from Los Angeles (born and raised) living in the EAGLE ROCK neighborhood, switched to digital for about 1.5 months now and absolutely loving it! the vapor that comes out of me I think is most satisfying by far and i think is what helps in kicking the habit of the analog, because epidermal/oral nicotine intake aint the bidness.

My girlfriend got me an anniversary present that would benefit the both of us: Provari! I was kinda iffy about jumping into a intermediate pv at first but the versatility and dependability is worth the extra money, ooo and it looks pretty

Currently learning the in's and out's and climbing the learning curve of this new hobby/habit... as of now, im vaping on a black provari v2 with a dct tank on a boge cartomizer and ss drip tip.

favorite juice this far: Virgin Vapor Organic Velvet Milkshake!

PS: I'm looking into getting a rebuildable atomizer tank set-up because i love having a tank on the go and flavor of dripping.

View attachment 137529

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Welcome! My mom was from Eagle Rock, I was born and raised in Glendale. Moved up the hill and am in Antelope Valley now.

Wow, what a great gift! It sounds like you are very well set up! There is so much to learn, and so much information here to read. They have the new DID chinese knock'off rebuildables you can get pretty cheaply and they can get you started on the RBA's to see if they are for you. I use Phiniacs, Jonboy lavatanks, vivi novas and ce4's also, and have them filled with different juices. I like to change up the flavors several times a day. That is another benefit of these over cigarettes, all the flavors!

RAWRasaurus

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES
awesome! i went cherry picking around there this past summer... hows the weather there? summer still? fall should come already

I was thinking about that DID knock-off, can you lead me to the link?

as for the vivi nova, out of the box it made my juice taste a little funky, i'm not sure why but imma change the coil head and clean it out to try again, it made my wanna stay away from clearomizers... if thats what you call them

i was also thinking about the dfw ra tank for a little more but i'm scared about the poly carbonate cracking with the juice, I just want to be a little more self sustaining than having to buy cartomizers to get a really good vape going.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Sounds like your girlfriend is a keeper to get you a provari. Welcom to the forum! Great info here. Lots of helpful members.

@ Steve Dowtown Fullerton - there's a closer shop than Cerritos. It just opened and you may like it. It's called Vapor Bombz in Anaheim at Brookhurst/La Palma. I suggest you swing by there to check it out. Products are competitively priced to online.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
If you went cherry picking up here, you were right on the other side of Godde Hill from me, a few miles only.

Sometimes the vivi needs a little "break in" time. I think the wicks just need to get juiced up or something.

There are several places selling the DUD (as people are calling it rather than the DID which is dearly loved here LOL) but since they are so new last I heard they are out of stock. I have seen them selling from $25 to $39, so shopping around helps. If you do a search on them you can find a few threads discussing them. There are some coops going on, but you need to be verified to get in. China is having their big yearly celebration around now, so most of the Chinese places won't be working or shipping so unless they already ordered, it may be some time before they come in again. I am waiting for mine to get here, and I paid $30 shipping included for 2 in a coop. I just didn't want to spend the big bucks on them if it turns out I am not good at rebuilding. The experienced gurus are already modding them!

The plastics only crack with citrus or cinnamon juices (so I have read since I don't vape either of those flavors). I have glass now just because I like the way Phiniac will custom one for you, and bedazzles has some really pretty ones too and I like "pretty". In the long run, glass cant leach plasticizers or whatever it is. But I still will use my vivi's and CE4's until they die because I really do like them.

There is so much to learn here, I spend way too much time if you can't tell :vapor:

If I find a seller who has the DUD's in stock, I will try to get you a link.

ETA: not in stock, but a good price: http://www.discountvapers.com/griffin-rebuildable-atomizer-tank/

Last edited:

RAWRasaurus

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES
@ vsummer1
thanks a lot for the advice, i'll definitely wait for that DUD because i'm curious too if i can be good at rebuilding before i go for the 100 plus ra tanks out there (they're soo shiny and pretty to stay away from tho...)

I wonder if Phiniac can custom fit glass on a dfw ra tank for me, that would be shweet.

@imthatguy
i went to vaperbombz a couple of weeks to check it out and pick up a few things. My girlfriend's friend's husband owns that shop and it seems they're doing well. VAPING IS EVERYWHERE NOW! I even saw a blue ecigarette commercial. when i was there this guy let me taste a "big stick" ejuice (the big stick you get from the ice cream trucks that's orange and red) it was really good, can't wait for they're juices so i can try them.

SteveDTF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
Fullerton, CA
@ Steve Dowtown Fullerton - there's a closer shop than Cerritos. It just opened and you may like it. It's called Vapor Bombz in Anaheim at Brookhurst/La Palma. I suggest you swing by there to check it out. Products are competitively priced to online.

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I just found their FB page and it turns out I know the owner. Well, we're not personal friends, but I met him at another local vape store (not VR). So what type of gear do they sell? Do they have any "high end" stuff like RA's or RTA's? Or do they sell mainly eGo products and Vivi etc?

This place is only a few minutes drive from me, so maybe I'll stop by!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread