Hello from NH and Questions about Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett Mallard

Sep 24, 2012
Manchester, NH
Hello and welcome from the beautiful state of New Hampshire. I am new to the forum and fairly new to vaping. I currently have two PV's. A VaporX with XL tanks, and a Totally Wicked Torpedo using Smoktech tank and carts.

I just ordered the Provari VV V2 PV with 3.0 ohm Cartomizers. I'm interested in a tank setup for the Provari once I get it. Can anyone make recommendations for a 3.0 ohm tank setup for the Provari? Can I use the current Smoktech tanks I have with a 3.0 ohm cart?

Thanks for any help.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hello and welcome from the beautiful state of New Hampshire. I am new to the forum and fairly new to vaping. I currently have two PV's. A VaporX with XL tanks, and a Totally Wicked Torpedo using Smoktech tank and carts.

I just ordered the Provari VV V2 PV with 3.0 ohm Cartomizers. I'm interested in a tank setup for the Provari once I get it. Can anyone make recommendations for a 3.0 ohm tank setup for the Provari? Can I use the current Smoktech tanks I have with a 3.0 ohm cart?

Thanks for any help.
Well I have a Vivi nova I plan to mate to mine when it gets back from the shop. It's a near perfect for the Provari and you get 3 diff ohms ratings. They look like a near perfect fit. Damn near flush. The VV had been my best experience so far.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I'm thinking of using a 3.0 ohm cartomizer, any recommendation on where to get them? I am going to get the tool from Provape that allows you to make your own holes, so I just need steel carts for the tank. I think I'm going to go with the Phiniac plain glass.

On another note, how can I add a profile picture to my profile?
These got a high review. Smok Tech 3.0 OHM Steel Dual Coil Cartomizer
I have not used them but another with a lower Oms reading they came with my povari. They had a QA problem I think all but one died with in a day?????

OH almost forgot what volts setting were you planing on using because for that ohms you would want about 4.5 for good vape that would be 6.75 watts. Here is a link to a chart I find useful http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/delanos53/?action=view&current=vapingchart_zpsa7e4c921.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I get my tank replacement cartos directly from Smoktech here: SmokTek Cartomizers - Boge single-coil and SmokTech standard or low resistance XXXL Dual-Coils!

I happen to prefer the single coil XL cartos to the dual coils. I was getting too much burnt taste with the dual coils and decided to try the single coils after reading some posts here on ECF. I own about a dozen cartotanks, from Smoktech DCT to Triple V pyrex to OCD pyrex and a Bella-Phiniac hybrid tank I mated up. I switched all the dual coil cartos for single coils. Since then I've not had any burnt taste, get the same great flavor and vapor, and noticed a moderate increase in the battery life between charges. I believe dual coils are over-rated in my own experience.

The above link will direct you to Smoktech where you can buy either single or dual coil tank carto replacements. These come in ohm choices of 1.25, 1.75, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 and pre-drilled 1, 2, or 3 holes. Previously I've gotten both 1 and 2 holes pre-drilled, using 1 hole for thinner juices and the 2 hole for thicker juices. You likely won't need 3 holes unless you are using Boba's Bounty or another all-vg juice.

I just received three new pyrex tanks from OCD IBTanked Home

These tanks are the perfect size for a Provari and dirt cheap at under $25 each per tank. Easy way to put each of your favorite flavors in their own tank, including cinnamon or acidic flavors known to destroy plastic tubes. The XL size pyrex tubes will take your Smoktech XL tank cartos if you continue to use them. The standard size tube takes standard or regular Boge size cartos. Tubes are available clear or in high quality painted style. Three styles of stainless steel caps or acrylic caps in several colors.

View attachment 137992 View attachment 137993 View attachment 138000
click pics to enlarge detail. First two pics are the OCD pyrex tanks, third pic is the Bella-Phiniac hybrid tank I matched up.

I also highly recommend getting the Slap-yo-Moma tank accessory tool from Slap Yo' Mama Adapter : Big Daddy Vapor This tool will protect your o-rings from the cartomizer's sharp edges and decrease assembly and filling time of your tank. There are other tools from other sites but this one is hands down the best and I even own the rest.

Last edited:

Brett Mallard

Sep 24, 2012
Manchester, NH
Alright, here is what I dropped over 400 dollars on after all the recommendations:

ProVari VV V2 Brushed Silver
Extension Cap
(2) 18650 Bats
Battery Charger
3.0 ohm DCT Cartomizers

Phiniac Amber Glass Tank XL
Phiniac Cartomizer Punch

(10) XL 3.0 ohm Single Coil steel carts with two holes pre-punched

20 Ml European Sweet Juice
20 Ml French Toast Juice
5 pack of Smoktek low resistance DC carts (For my TW Torpedo)

I'm guessing the mailman and I will be on a first name basis. :)

Brett Mallard

Sep 24, 2012
Manchester, NH
The postman came, the postman came! It was like Christmas morning. Believe everything that anyone has ever said positively about the ProVari. Beats my Totally Wicked Torpedo hands down and is a great smoke! Just loaded my cart with French Toast and am enjoying my breakfast through my brand new ProVari!

ProVari.jpg

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ

Thanks for any help.

Personally i use Pyrex tanks with boge cartomizers. the pyrex is a bit more expensive but lasts much longer and can accept any juice, no matter what flavoring is in it. I personally do not trust plastic as it can leech into the juice and etch the tank and then its not vapable as there are chemicals and oils in plastic.

Not sure if ST makes a 3.0 carto or not, i have never used any of their tanks. But i can vouch for Boge + Fusion 801 cartomizers. Both provide and excellent vape.

Also dont be tuck to 3.0ohms. if you get 2.0 ohms you can lower the voltage a bit.....i mean you do have a provari now :)

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
I'll be in Nashua tonight as a matter of fact. I was not aware that there was a brick and mortar store that carried e-juice in the area. I have had great luck with a small brick and mortar out of Pennsylvania called Vaporphoxxe. Great juices and awesome Customer Service.

yep the Old Phoxxe in hatboro, where i grew up :)

Brett Mallard

Sep 24, 2012
Manchester, NH
Hey Cerver

I actually am waiting for a Phiniac Pyrex Glass tank and a tool kit from them to punch my own carts to save a bit of money. :)

I think the owner is having surgery so the delivery is going to be postponed a bit.

Was just in New Hope a few weeks ago and met the girls that are co-owners of the Phoxxe. Really nice gals, and their liquids are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread