Hello from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

johthohar

Jul 20, 2013
Midland, TX, USA
Hello, all. I've been vaping for about two months now. I started smoking again when I started going to AA meetings and knew I would never stop if I kept the meetings up (as nearly EVERYBODY smokes before and after). I saw a bunch of people using PV's and got a cheap on out of curiosity. I figured I'd use it at work and inside, places I couldn't smoke, and continue smoking cigarettes as well. Two weeks in I hadn't smoked a single analog. I bought a pack and lit one up and it tasted disgusting. Not satisfying at all. I threw that pack out a few weeks later with less than five cigarettes missing from it.

I LOVE the vaping experience so much more than smoking analogs! The variety and combinations of setups and juices is endless. I think I'm becoming almost as addicted to the lifestyle as I am to the actual experience of vaping. I'm using an itaste MVP right now with several different clearos (usually my Kanger Pro) and I just ordered my first RBA last night. I'm also thinking about getting into DIY eliquid as there are no vape shops in the area I just moved to and I don't want to have to wait on shipping to try new flavors. Plus that way I can tailor the PG/VG blend to exactly how I like it.

I've found this site incredibly helpful over the past couple months. Finding tips and tutorials and just about everything I needed to know. It was all very confusing and overwhelming at first; ohm's and wattage and mods and cartos and clearos and atomizers and...........:blink: It took me a while to get a grasp on everything but I'm glad I took the time. Can't wait to dive deeper into the vaping experience!

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Hello Johthohar, we are neighbors. I am in Odessa. Just wanted to welcome you to ECF and tell you in case you didn't know that we just had a Vape Shop (Vape Shack) open up here in Odessa. It is in Santa Fe Square, but they are moving next week to their permanent location in the shopping center behind Harrigans at the corner of University and Parkway..check them out on Facebook. Good Luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

johthohar

Jul 20, 2013
Midland, TX, USA
Hello Johthohar, we are neighbors. I am in Odessa. Just wanted to welcome you to ECF and tell you in case you didn't know that we just had a Vape Shop (Vape Shack) open up here in Odessa. It is in Santa Fe Square, but they are moving next week to their permanent location in the shopping center behind Harrigans at the corner of University and Parkway..check them out on Facebook. Good Luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

Thanks a lot for the info. I never got over to Odessa much when I lived here before but I will definitely check that out!

Last edited:

ia2828

Moved On
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia
  • Deleted by UntamedRose

aggiephoenix

Aug 14, 2013
Houston, TX
Greetings fellow Texan! I'm glad to see more folks like me on here! I love the look in people's faces when I ask the bartender here in Houston if I can vape in the non-smoking bar (city ordinance). They almost always say yes. Other smokers have now started vaping so they don't have to sweat in the Texas summer to get their chemical fixes.

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
Hello from Porter Texas. Does anyone know of a vape shop on the north side of Houston?

Hello to the OP from Humble (NE Houston). I'd LOVE to get a listing of B&M shops that I could stop at to visit while riding around the state on my M/C.

@ chit33 -- there is a place called Spring Vapor on the north side just off 45. Reasonably good people in there and they let you taste test juices. Must use an eGo or borrow theirs and they'll give you a "condom" to put over the tips. Prices are competitive and they have a package deal for 15oz bottles or 30oz bottles (discounted if you buy 3). Do note that their "house blend" is 50/50....so take that into consideration when shopping.

Regards and I'm gonna keep tabs on this here thread .....

EDIT: Also there is a husband/wife team that have started up Tranquil Vapor. That is who the wife and I got our eGo's through. Still get some of their liquids as well as many other online sites. They don't have a B&M storefront, but will ship. Also, if you work on the Nside...they wife (Crystal) may deliver or meet you at a mid-point to save some shipping costs. She works 5 minutes from me (Greenspoint area) and delivers to many vapers in this area frequently. Not sure if it's "special treatment" .....but it's something you might be able to discuss with them. Good people the owners....very nice to talk with. If interested, PM me and I'll give you my name....maybe get me some "referral" credits, LOL !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread