Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydripper

Oct 4, 2013
Wichita, KS
I'm not 0Nic but I have recently got a new Kanger Protank-II and all I can say is AWESOME. I have several Iclear 30's, 16's, Vision V3's, an Octopus rda and an Igo W rda. Personally I like the flavor from the Vision V3's the best but for capacity and taste I have to go with the Protank-II. I have switched to 1.8 ohm coils in the Protank-II and seem to get a better hit from them. I use it mainly on my SID but have also run it on my 134 and my Galileo mech. No leaks, no gurgling, no problems with draw, it just works and I'm getting one for the missus now since she likes it too. The only other thing I changed is the drip-tip. I'm not a fan of metal tips so I replaced it with a plastic tip and all is good.

My deal is that I really like a warm vape. Now I haven't tried the pro tank 2 yet, I do like the fact that you can change out the god awful metal drip tip, but if it can't deliver a warm vape, I probably wouldn't be a fan of it. I have to stick with top coil clearo's for the most part to achieve that warn vape. The best of all clearo's I've tried as far a getting a warm vape is concerned is the Kanger t4. Its a little guy, holds barely a mil of juice. You do have to refill it frequently, but it warm vapes like a crazy. It will burn on you if you hyper vape it, and you have to do the tippy thing with it all the time, so I just store it upside down. So its ready to go when I pick it up.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
Where did all the Kansas Vapors go?

I was wondering too! :unsure: Been enjoying an increasing number of good juices on all my various sizes of eGo type batteries and my iTaste v3, and trying to decide if I need anything more/bigger! Was real tempted to get an SiD (pretty colors at the local shop, ha!) & have also thought about another iTaste v3....but I don't know....doing fine with what I have really. Picked up a couple juices at E-Cig Central today, plus some iClear 16s and replacement coils. Haven't been over to Wichita stores yet.

Am wondering how the Topeka vapers get together went. Have you had one in Wichita yet?

What are you guys favorite juices so far?

JWLuke

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Wichita, Kansas
0Nic, how do you like the Protank? I bought a protank 1, couldn't stand it. Hated the metal drip tip, hated how heavy it is. Hate the ice cold vape you get from it. I put it back in the box and never used it again. Anyone else feel that way about the protank 1 ?

I hated the Protank I, had to sell it, couldn't get past the metallic taste. Received a Protank II with my Provari and I love it. No metal taste.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Just wanted to give a shout out to all my fellow Kansas Vapors out there. Just started vaping 1 month ago. Have learned alot in a short amount of time. Have much more to learn as well. Started out the normal route buying an ecig at a local convenience store, then a Joyetech eCab, then an iTaste vv v3.0 along with a Kanger protank. (Thank you Grimm Green) Just loving it all so far. I call it my vaping hobby. :)
Please tell me about your vaping experience, how you learned about it, what you started with. Anything you want to talk about. You don't have to be from Kansas...

Hello and Welcome to ECF from Pittsburgh, Pa. :)

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
My deal is that I really like a warm vape. Now I haven't tried the pro tank 2 yet, I do like the fact that you can change out the god awful metal drip tip, but if it can't deliver a warm vape, I probably wouldn't be a fan of it. I have to stick with top coil clearo's for the most part to achieve that warn vape. The best of all clearo's I've tried as far a getting a warm vape is concerned is the Kanger t4. Its a little guy, holds barely a mil of juice. You do have to refill it frequently, but it warm vapes like a crazy. It will burn on you if you hyper vape it, and you have to do the tippy thing with it all the time, so I just store it upside down. So its ready to go when I pick it up.

You can get a warm vape from the PT2 but you need to make your own coils and shoot for around .8 ohms then run it on a mechanical mod. Or at least that's what works for me. I've been running a .8 ohm micro coil of 30 gage wrapped around a single strand of 2mm Ekowool on my Galileo mod for over a week now. Probably close to 60ml of juice through it, not one single flood, gurgle or dry hit. It produces almost the same vapor as one of my single coil RDA's with amazing flavor.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Where did all the Kansas Vapors go?

I was in Kansas this past weekend, today I'm in Savannah, GA. I'll be leaving here in a few hours, stopping in Tulsa, OK then on to Wichita where I'll grab a trailer sitting there waiting on me and off to Moses Lake, WA.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I went into Puff's today. Nice little place with some great guys. They've only been open for two weeks and are having a little stocking problem with hardware. He said they ordered in 10 ProTanks and sold them almost immediately. They weren't expecting to be doing so well so quickly and have a lot of Kanger stuff on order that should be in within a few days. Their official grand opening is Nov. 1st.

The prices seemed very good (an Ego Twist for $25). Their juice bar (trial station, whatever you want to call it) is all 24mg so I didn't get to try any as I'm a no nic person. It's the first place I've been to that had nic in the samplers so that was a little disappointing.

I got 3mls of Rootbeer and Cappuccino and a 15ml of Salted Caramel that I haven't had a chance to try yet. He said they're pretty spot on for flavor so I hope he's right. He even asked for feedback and told me to tell him if I loved or hated the flavors. There is a choice between "Stiff" or "Smooth" juice. Stiff has more PG, Smooth has more VG. He didn't say the exact ratios.

I will definitely will visit again!

Popped into Puffs for the 1st time last weekend to check them out.

1st impressions was very small place and very limited on hardware, good for the beginners but not for the more advanced users, they didn't even know what my MVP2 was and was amazed by it, they did have a nice selection of clearos/tanks though.

I was concerned about the juice as seemed very novice to be honest, but I was surprised, picked up 3 juices, 2 for me and 1 for the wife, she got skittles and loved it, I got black licorice, which is good but a little light on flavor and then got a free sample of salted caramel, which again was good but light on flavor, but would buy the juice again.

Only complaint I had, which goes for all vape shops, didn't know the skittles juice was a tank cracker, would be nice if these place warned you which juices are only good to use in glass tanks, instead of letting people waste a plastic topper finding out, and new people would have no idea of this stuff either.

They was very friendly and chatted a lot with me, especially about my MVP2 :laugh: They did have the itaste v3 though and was $80 for the starter kit, which didn't think was a bad price for a B&M store.

timw69

Nov 9, 2013
    Wichita,KS,USA
    Hi fellow Kansans.I just found this thread by accident while googling.Glad to see some more vapers around here.I started vaping and quit analogs 1 month ago This Friday.Still using ego hardware.Looking at some of the different mods.Plan to get one soon.Just fyi.I read some of you looking for a vape friendly place to meet and have a beer. Styx on South Seneca has made a vape lounge in their pool hall area.Or so I read online.They are supposed to have juice and chargers etc.I have not been yet but would like to go check it out.Lucky's I guess has a montly vape meet now.Not sure I would go.I like their shop.Good amount of hardware.I like their juices,and their prices seem good.Under $50 for an itaste vv3.0 full kit. But from what I see on FB,the vape meets seem to be mostly geared towards cloud chasers.Last week they did have class on how to rebuild attys.I guess I should just go check it out. Anyway.Gotta get up in 5 hours. Good to see some fellow Kansans here.

Paul Maul

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2013
    Topeka, KS
    Am wondering how the Topeka vapers get together went.

It was definitely on the thin side. It's been hard to shake the tree around here and get vapers out. We met at the Blue Moose Cafe and the management had no problems with us vaping in the bar area. Sunday evening is perfect for this location because it is not the least bit crowded then.

mobiu5s

Dec 7, 2013
    Eureka,ks,USA
    hello fellow Kansas vapers. personally glad to be one. thanks freeatlast for posting price for the itast v3 at shop in (El Dorado). I live in Eureka and El Dorado is only 30 mins away from me. and sadly that is closest place to civilization.so glad el dorado has a vape shop!!.. i went there on the idea to leave with a itast v3 but it was going to be my first e cig set up so i ended up getting a ego twist (try things out). very happy with the shop and the person working was very informative. now i have a vamo i got from fast tech but i think a itaste v3 as a back up and to use as a pass threw is something i want to have..my wife is now using that ego twist and stopped analogs and she is pregnant so im very happy she switched. anyways just wanted to say hi to all kansas vapers and give thanks about information about a shop around my area..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread