Hello, newbie from fla

Status
Not open for further replies.

topy1991

May 31, 2010
Florida
Hello, my name is Melissa, and I started vaping about a month ago. A friend at work told me about this, and unfortunately I didn't do my research. So, I ended up purchasing the BluCig. All in all I'm satisfied, I bought 2, one for my hubby who hates his (now I have an extra one!)

At first the blu worked well, although I had a hard time determining when to change the cartridge. Ha!! Unfortunately, you don't use the entire cartridge, once you get to about 1/4 of the way into the juice of the cartridge, the atomizer dries out, but not to the point where it's trashed. It just has a very sweet bad taste, it's quite disgusting. (So, don't do what I did and order a crap load more cartridges before you figure that out.) My friend also told me about e-liquid and gave me 2 sites to try. So I ordered some and began what became a tedious (which is right up my alley actually) process of refilling cartridges. I'd take the mouth piece of the atomizer leaving the atomizer still conected to the battery and take an alcohol pad and wipe the silver casing of the atomizer to clean off any excess liquid (it gets too sticky otherwise). Then I blew lightly to get the atomizer going to clean off any excessive excess (yes, I know that's redundant lol). Then I moved onto the cartridge and took a paperclip and pushed out the inner plastic container and wiped the outside of it off with an alcohol pad (again for stickiness). I took out the filling, squeegeed it between 2 alcohol pads, and while it was drying wiped the inside of the plastic thingy (yes a technical term). I then dripped about 4 drops of my eliquid into the plastic thingy and then added the stuffing and then added about 5 more drops, replaced it in the mouthpiece and placed in on the atomizer. I did this for all five mouthpieces and 2 atomizers. Needless to say, my blue only worked for about half the day and I don't vape all that heavily at work and would have to either replace a mouthpiece with a cartridge from the company or refill on the go. Refilling with the blu on the go without taking out the plastic thing is REALLY messy. I'm in the medical field, eyes specifically, so I can't have excess eliquid on my fingers, or I'd have a few burnt corneas... very painful, so I was washing my hands until my skin fell off.

Ok so long story short, I read the post on dipping. OMG THANK YOU to the person who posted that. Unfortunately, I read it after I purchased more cartridges ($80 worth) and 2 DSE 801's. (One was for my hubby tho.) I HATE the DSE 801. It vapes VERY well, and I have no quams with the performance of the unit, however, my blu tastes OH SO much better! So annoying, I've wasted about $180! Ugh! But, and here's the best part, I haven't had an analog cigarette in about a week!! Woohoo!! Even when I first got the ecig, I only smoked about 3 analogs per day with the ecig. Prior to getting this ingenius device, I was a pack a day smoker since the age of 18 and I'm 32. So, big improvement, which to me is well worth the initial investment in the ecig. My total investment to date is about $460. Yikes, ok maybe it isn't well worth it, maybe just worth it lol.

Thanks for all the great info on this site. It's indispensible!
Melissa

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Glad to hear you've found something that's working for you! (Or, getting you by at least...) ;)

To avoid all the hassles with having to constantly drip, try this..take the polyfill out of the cart. See how long that is? Doesn't have to be. Cut it into 3 equal parts. Then, fill the cartridge with the liquid you're using up to the point where the little 'ledge' is. Where the cart goes into the atty. I can get anywhere from 10-13 drops in there. Put one of the little pieces of polyfill back on the top, but don't push it all the way in, you should have around 1mm of space between the fill and the edge of the cart.

It doesn't leak and it doesn't flood the atty.

Hope that helps and keep us posted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread