Hello there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslaIsForIsland

Aug 13, 2019
Iowa
Plotting to quit the stinkies this weekend. I bought an Endura T22 (I read good reviews). It seems to be perfect for me, I don't need 'clouds' or whatever, I just need to successfully switch. Too scared to dual-use, so fingers crossed. Bought a bunch of extra coils and some ridiculous amounts of juices. Some 6mg, a lot of 3 and a lot of 1.5 and some 0.

I'm hoping to drop down to 0 sort of maybe a little quickly. And then quit inhaling things for good. I pray that this is a viable strategy. Trying to research anything to do with vaping is a nightmare, Google only gives me studies paid for by big tobacco companies. (Doesn't anyone in the scientific community find that fishy at all?).

But I felt better when my doctor said to 'go for it!' and got very excited. I've tried lozenges, and gum, and patches, and ugh, nothing ever works. So I'm here.

I read something about how the FDA is murdering the juice companies soon and I have no skill/want to mix anything myself. I hope my plan is sound. I probably have enough juice coming to last 8 months or so? I think. We'll see, if I go through it too quickly I'll have to stock up, I guess.

Anyway, hi :) Thanks for letting me visit.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)

Uh oh. I see a potential problem:

The t22 endura is a fairly low power MTL device, but you have also bought very low strength juice. 6mg isn’t that high for a new user even when they start with DL. You may find the stuff simply too weak to curb cravings. Why did you buy a bunch of juice at once btw?
What nic concentration to start on is generally based on how many of what kind of cigarettes you smoke a day.
How many of what kind of cigarettes have you generally smoked?

IslaIsForIsland

Aug 13, 2019
Iowa
Howdy and welcome :)

Uh oh. I see a potential problem:

The t22 endura is a fairly low power MTL device, but you have also bought very low strength juice. 6mg isn’t that high for a new user even when they start with DL. You may find the stuff simply too weak to curb cravings. Why did you buy a bunch of juice at once btw?
What nic concentration to start on is generally based on how many of what kind of cigarettes you smoke a day.
How many of what kind of cigarettes have you generally smoked?

I know, I usually go through about 10 Marlboro lights per day. I watched a lot of videos, though. If 6 isn't good enough I'll get some 9mg. I really want to quit the smellies so I'm hoping that will help if I need to wait a few days for mail. I can usually put them down for about a week before I can't handle it anymore. But still I've done enough damage to my lungs that I've finally noticed it. If 6 isn't strong enough I can overnight something. Fingers crossed?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to ecf
I would strongly advise you get 24 or 18mg to start with if you smoked at least a half pack a day, 6mg will not satisfy you. Vaping is an excellent crutch but not a cure, at least give yourself the best odds for success. Maybe start with enough nic to satisfy your needs while getting through the withdrawal then tackle reducing nic in small increments to quit vaping.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I know, I usually go through about 10 Marlboro lights per day. I watched a lot of videos, though. If 6 isn't good enough I'll get some 9mg. I really want to quit the smellies so I'm hoping that will help if I need to wait a few days for mail. I can usually put them down for about a week before I can't handle it anymore. But still I've done enough damage to my lungs that I've finally noticed it. If 6 isn't strong enough I can overnight something. Fingers crossed?
In the US we would call that half a pack a day. With MTL my first instinct is to start you at 12mg/ml. At the beginning the idea is not to worry about reducing nic. It’s to get you used to vaping instead of smoking. After a month or two of that then you can start experimenting with reducing nic levels. If using regular (unprotonated) nic it’s common for vapers to spontaneously reduce their nic levels to near zero over a period of about 3 years. That can be speeded up of course. Still the process is usually a lot slower than you seem to want it to go.

IslaIsForIsland

Aug 13, 2019
Iowa
In the US we would call that half a pack a day. With MTL my first instinct is to start you at 12mg/ml. At the beginning the idea is not to worry about reducing nic. It’s to get you used to vaping instead of smoking. After a month or two of that then you can start experimenting with reducing nic levels. If using regular (unprotonated) nic it’s common for vapers to spontaneously reduce their nic levels to near zero over a period of about 3 years. That can be speeded up of course. Still the process is usually a lot slower than you seem to want it to go.

I'll be spending some money shortly, then. Thanks for the wisdom :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I accept that you're all smarter than I am about vaping and will shortly order some stronger juice! Thanks!
@Letitia makes a salient point. You mentioned you bought some zero nic juices. Perhaps buy some 24mg in that exact same flavor as one of the zeros and if the 24mg is too strong (which may be the case) you can cut it with some zero nic.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I accept that you're all smarter than I am about vaping and will shortly order some stronger juice! Thanks!
Oh and buy a backup kit, you don't want to not be able to vape in the wee hours. If you are determined to not dual use backups are a must.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, IslaIsForIsland. All the suggestions you've gotten so far are good. I'll just add a bit of easy math that you may or may not know: If you add the nicotine levels of two juices and then divide by 2 you'll end up with twice the amount of juice (of course) at half the nicotine level of the highest nic level you used. This is assuming you use the same amount of juice in both, and both have the same PG/VG ratio.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Part of the problem is the way they make a cigarette “light”. What the tobacco companies did was notice that a smoking machine (the standard device used to test cigarette smoke chemical levels) did not hold a cigarette exactly the same way a human did. What they did was to poke tiny tiny holes in the paper just in front of where a smoking machine would not cover the filter but a humans lips would to trick the machine into providing a lower reading than was actually the case. (Yes, this was an act of evil)

The result though is this makes the potency of a light cigarette very dependent on how exactly it is held by the user. “Light” doesn’t necessarily mean anything regarding how much nicotine you actually consume.

As a result the amount of nicotine you need to keep from smoking a cigarette is very difficult to predict.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    If you add the mg of both juices and cut them 50/50 (regardless of pg/vg ratios)
    and then divide by 2 you will know what mg strength you have. I personally don't recommend the 50/50 cut. For example 18mg cut 50/50 with 12mg will result in 15mg juice. Start with the highest mg in your tank and if it seems too much after vaping most of the tank full cut the next tank with just a little lower strength. Repeat until you find a good strength for you.

IslaIsForIsland

Aug 13, 2019
    Iowa
    If you add the mg of both juices and cut them 50/50 (regardless of pg/vg ratios)
    and then divide by 2 you will know what mg strength you have. I personally don't recommend the 50/50 cut. For example 18mg cut 50/50 with 12mg will result in 15mg juice. Start with the highest mg in your tank and if it seems too much after vaping most of the tank full cut the next tank with just a little lower strength. Repeat until you find a good strength for you.

Will do! I have some 9mg, 12mg and 18mg coming to try out.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread