Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadySLAYER

Feb 24, 2013
IL, USA
I've been smoking those crappy mall ecigs trying not to go back to normal cigarettes, but the thing is worse than a normal cigarette! :/ So after like 2 hours of research and deciding I finally settled on a kit so I can stop smoking normal cigarettes for good. I ended up getting an eGo-T Twist kit. It comes with the battery (variable voltage between 3.3v, 3.8v, 4.3v, and 4.8v. I ended up getting the 1100mah one since it's all they had, but I would have gotten that one anyway), a Stardust V2 cartomizer (2.4ohm) (ended up getting an extra one seperately), 2 Stardust replaceable heads (2.8ohm), charger, and a case. I don't have the need for liquid since I have plenty already from the crappy mall ecigs. Everything was $50 including shipping and tax and should be here by the end of the week. I'm so excited to try it out and get rid of this mall ecig! Here's the exact kit I got: Vision eGo Twist Stardust Starter Kit. When I smoke cigarettes I smoke about 2-3 packs a week depending on the week. Sometimes even more. Also, if anybody knows good places to get liquid please share. Thank you.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
You will probably want to get you a extra battery. Either another twist or I just have a regular 650 mah battery for when my big one was charging. I just got a Vamo and it is so nice just to pop out a battery and put in a new one and go. But I still use my others when Im at work.

I mostly get my tobacco flavors at Tennessee Original | Robust, unique, and complex tobacco flavored E-Liquid. American Made flavors only at Mountain Oak Vapors. E-Juice 100% Made in the USA.

I get a lot from Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories...They are both super fast shipping.

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Just fill it up, flip it around a bit to get the juices up around the coil, give it a few moments to a minute for the juice to find it's way to the coil. Start off vaping at a lower voltage and raise if you want after your satisfied it's wicking properly. Trial and error will let you know from then on when to tilt.

ShadySLAYER

Feb 24, 2013
IL, USA
Just fill it up, flip it around a bit to get the juices up around the coil, give it a few moments to a minute for the juice to find it's way to the coil. Start off vaping at a lower voltage and raise if you want after your satisfied it's wicking properly. Trial and error will let you know from then on when to tilt.

Alright. To make sure it's all good and ready I'll probably smoke it at the first two settings for the first couple days, then raise the voltage if I feel the need to.

Mariss716

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
WA
Oh gosh, well you will get not shortage of opinions here.

My go-to is Mount Baker Vapor for the reasonable price and quality (best value ratio) and my favorite is Nite Lite Vapor. There are quite a few other vendors on here I've tried who are excellent and whom I would definitely order from again. Taste is subjective, and what you THINK you would like to vape, might not be a flavor you actually would like (I like menthol cigs, but not ejuice). I read the reviews then keep that in mind, and that there is going to be hit and miss. I try a smaller bottle first, then go for a bigger order if I like the flavor and vendor.

Ego twist would be my first choice for a first ecig and I recommend that to friends starting out. I'd have one as my backup but I tend to give mine away. :) The VV really makes a difference to bring out the different notes and I just love heating up my Provari (that I saved up for over months though!)

You can always clean between flavors with water and pat dry. I alternate a few Vivi Novas this way, so that one is drying out, while I am vaping the other. Sometimes I don't care and just refill without cleaning if the juices won't clash. The important thing is for me to have one at the ready and fresh batteries so I never have an urge to light up again and when I'm prepared, I have no desire.

Now for more long term preservation, fellow vapers and vendors have put a lot of great tutorials on You Tube. Here is just one from someone on ECF: http://bigvapers.wordpress.com/2012...o-clean-your-stardust-vision-ego-clearomizer/

Last edited:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
It won't hurt anything to turn it up if you wanna try it, if you wait a few days it may be time for a cleaning before you up the voltage. As far as cleaning goes I'd reccomend to just take the unit apart and remove the head. Remove the cap on the head also, then rinse everything at the sink with warm/hot water. Dry everything as best as you can, including squeezing the wicks a couple times with a paper towel or micrfiber cloth(what I use). Install the head again, without cap and screw it on the battery. Turn your batt to the low setting and fire it on and for 5 seconds or so, keep doing this till the coil fully glows and most of the water is vaporized off, then fully reassemble, fill up and vape again. If your coil gets crusty make sure to pick that stuff off or it will effect the flavor, and in that case it may be best to rerinse and dry burn again. If you're rotating heads just leave the heads air dry for a day before dry burning, without the water in the wick the dry burn will only take 10 or 15 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread