Hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Hey guys,

Found my way here via a Battery Mooch youtube video and thought I would check it out. I’ve been vaping for awhile but starting to get more into the wire wrapping aspects and getting more technical with ohms law and all that good stuff.

Since I don’t have a real solid handle on the lay of the land in this here forum I put my immediate question in the battery suforum found,

Pairing “Hohm Life” batts w regulated mod, ohms down to 0.10.

so hopefully that’s where it’s supposed to be. Anyways I’m sure I’ll be seeing you guys around, and looking forward to learning some things. I have a feeling you’ll most likely be finding me for the most part in any DIY subforums you may have so I’ll see you there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome glad you are here. You can pair any mod with any build that is "within specs" so if the holmtech says it will support 0.10 builds, it should. However, wire does fluctuate in resistance so you might want to give it a bit of headroom.

Also the question will be, "at what wattage can I get satisfaction from it and how long will my batteries last?" really.

Anna

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Welcome to ECF. I answered your question in detail within your other post. But in a nut shell, coil resistance has no bearing on current draw at the battery with a regulated device. Your power setting determines the current draw. So 0.1 ohms at 50 watts will be the same as 0.5 ohms at 50 watts.

A quick calculation to determine the maximum power your batteries are able to safely handle is to multiply the battery CDR rating by 3, then multiply that by the number of cells your device uses if using a multi cell device.

So if the Hohm Tech battery is a true 20 amp CDR cell, that equates to 60 watts per cell. Or 120 Watts for a dual cell device. Exceeding these power limits runs the risk of over drawing your cell which could have adverse effects. Not recommended.

Just to add – Holm Tech are what is referred to as a rewrap battery. They do not make their own cells, just re-wrap another cell with their own branding. I would refer to Mooch’s tests to see if your cell(s) have been tested and see if their CDR rating is true or not. Many re-wrappers exaggerate their CDR ratings…some by a gross margin

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
That’s actually what brought me over here was a search result of his write up. Apparently they’re alright batteries somewhere in the ballpark with HG2’s. I didn’t know they were rewapped though, can’t say I’m all that happy about that.

HohmLife 36.3A 3077mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...only a 20A- battery but a great one, equal to HG2

The recommend markings on it have it at 60w recommended and 87w max (and then ohms at .17 for unreg mods), so that falls in line with your recommendation. I can’t imagine getting anywhere near 120w though so that’s good. I’ll be around the 60w mark total with both batteries together.

I jotted down your equasions, I have trouble committing this stuff to memory. It’s a sort of mathematical tongue twister, it cramps my brain up a little and then I start watching youtube videos about how all this works and immediately start going hypochondriac thinking my batteries are going to do something catastrophic.

It sounds though like I’m within the boundaries and even better not really redlining them too bad either and that’s where my comfort zone would reside as well, I want it to be a nice relaxing cruise for the batteries and not like dumping the clutch at each go.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
That’s actually what brought me over here was a search result of his write up. Apparently they’re alright batteries somewhere in the ballpark with HG2’s. I didn’t know they were rewapped though, can’t say I’m all that happy about that.

HohmLife 36.3A 3077mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...only a 20A- battery but a great one, equal to HG2

The recommend markings on it have it at 60w recommended and 87w max (and then ohms at .17 for unreg mods), so that falls in line with your recommendation. I can’t imagine getting anywhere near 120w though so that’s good. I’ll be around the 60w mark total with both batteries together.

I jotted down your equasions, I have trouble committing this stuff to memory. It’s a sort of mathematical tongue twister, it cramps my brain up a little and then I start watching youtube videos about how all this works and immediately start going hypochondriac thinking my batteries are going to do something catastrophic.

It sounds though like I’m within the boundaries and even better not really redlining them too bad either and that’s where my comfort zone would reside as well, I want it to be a nice relaxing cruise for the batteries and not like dumping the clutch at each go.

LOL…I have to confess my math is limited to factors of 10 – 20 if I am not wearing socks! I refer to my cat who is an evil genius, and as everyone know, cats invented math along with physics! It may all seem foreign right now given you are new(ish), but with time this will become second nature.

Mooch’s YouTube page is an excellent resource. Along with his testing results that I linked above. I believe, although have yet to confirm, he also owns a cat! (@Mooch can you pls confirm if you own a cat?)

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
(@Mooch can you pls confirm if you own a cat?)
I think I've seeing it doing tests..
upload_2019-7-16_5-55-22.jpeg

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    LOL…I have to confess my math is limited to factors of 10 – 20 if I am not wearing socks! I refer to my cat who is an evil genius, and as everyone know, cats invented math along with physics! It may all seem foreign right now given you are new(ish), but with time this will become second nature.

Mooch’s YouTube page is an excellent resource. Along with his testing results that I linked above. I believe, although have yet to confirm, he also owns a cat! (@Mooch can you pls confirm if you own a cat?)

I own a cat?
    Not sure where that rumor came from. Hmm...maybe that explains the bad smell from under my fridge though. :p

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I own a cat?
    Not sure where that rumor came from. Hmm...maybe that explains the bad smell from under my fridge though. :p

LOL….That rumor came from me (in jest!!). Many great minds have owned a cat! So who came up with Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity – him or his cat??

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    I own a cat?

LOL….That rumor came from me (in jest!!). Many great minds have owned a cat! So who came up with Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity – him or his cat??

I both own, and don't own, Schroeder's cat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread