Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and relatively new to vaping. I started less than a year ago so I'll have a ton of questions. Been using innokin zlide tube most of the time, with 0.8ohm coil and just yesterday I got myself Aegis Max mod and Hellvape MD mtl rta. Mixing my own juices from the start.
Now if someone would just tell me where do I start asking questions (all 300 hunderd of them) I will be most grateful.

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
Welcome to ECF:thumbs:
Great mods and RTA;)
There's a different Section for every vaping subject that you can post in or you can just ask your questions here:)
Well I researched and read A LOT, but I always get overwhelmed. Also a lot of answers are very general and non-committal. I would like to get more specific answers that are relevant for me specifically :blush: And even though I'm fluent in English I still don't understand half the terms used in forums where experienced users are talking. Feels like I'm late to the party and don't know what's going on:blush:
So I'm just gonna start asking here, if necessary just direct me to other sections of forum :)
So...what I want from my vape is a lot of flavour. I don't care for clouds and I prefer cooler vape. I should mention I have a history of bronchitis and I tend to cough a lot if the vape is not just right, even with Zlide tube I would sometimes cough my lungs up if I started too quickly (don't know if I'm making sense). What I hate the most tho is the dry throat I sometimes get, like I inhaled dust.
So, cool vape, a lot of flavour, not that much clouds and I like it slow. I'm also fond of sweet flavours (don't know if this is important, but here it is).
My setup right now is like I said Aegis max with Hellvape md mtl rta, I managed to make something resembling a coil and it's working. I used Kanthal twisted 28ga*2, 2.5mm ID, 8 wraps, it's just about 1ohm.
I would like to get some recommendations as to what coil would maybe work best for me, what ohms, what wattage. If anybody has any tips on juice mixing I wouldn't mind hearing it either (have about 70%pg now, i think). I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but for now that's it. I think. Sorry I wrote such long post:|

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard, what a great start you have made and what a long way you have come in a short time!

If max flavour is your thing, it could be worth while running your Zlide with 1.6 Ohm coils, only a couple of airholes open and with the power set at anywhere beyween 8 and 12 watts. Experiment from there to fine tune things.

There is a bit of trial and error to vaping until you find just what suits you. If your tastes run to sweeter juices this is fine but these juices can knock the edge off of a coil quite quickly and you'll probably find you need to change coils weekly btw.

Welcome again and good luck!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Well I researched and read A LOT, but I always get overwhelmed. Also a lot of answers are very general and non-committal. I would like to get more specific answers that are relevant for me specifically :blush: And even though I'm fluent in English I still don't understand half the terms used in forums where experienced users are talking. Feels like I'm late to the party and don't know what's going on:blush:
So I'm just gonna start asking here, if necessary just direct me to other sections of forum :)
So...what I want from my vape is a lot of flavour. I don't care for clouds and I prefer cooler vape. I should mention I have a history of bronchitis and I tend to cough a lot if the vape is not just right, even with Zlide tube I would sometimes cough my lungs up if I started too quickly (don't know if I'm making sense). What I hate the most tho is the dry throat I sometimes get, like I inhaled dust.
So, cool vape, a lot of flavour, not that much clouds and I like it slow. I'm also fond of sweet flavours (don't know if this is important, but here it is).
My setup right now is like I said Aegis max with Hellvape md mtl rta, I managed to make something resembling a coil and it's working. I used Kanthal twisted 28ga*2, 2.5mm ID, 8 wraps, it's just about 1ohm.
I would like to get some recommendations as to what coil would maybe work best for me, what ohms, what wattage. If anybody has any tips on juice mixing I wouldn't mind hearing it either (have about 70%pg now, i think). I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but for now that's it. I think. Sorry I wrote such long post:|

I don't think a twisted is good wire for you.....
To suggest u to use a build it's hard....

Keep in mind that if u want tight draw or more airy that would make me suggest another coil according to that...
I guess u tried the stock coils that came with the hellvape md that u own...
I would like to know which aiflow insert disk do u use and what hole on the airfow ring outside u like to use on hellvape md

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
Welcome aboard, what a great start you have made and what a long way you have come in a short time!

If max flavour is your thing, it could be worth while running your Zlide with 1.6 Ohm coils, only a couple of airholes open and with the power set at anywhere beyween 8 and 12 watts. Experiment from there to fine tune things.

There is a bit of trial and error to vaping until you find just what suits you. If your tastes run to sweeter juices this is fine but these juices can knock the edge off of a coil quite quickly and you'll probably find you need to change coils weekly btw.

Welcome again and good luck!

Thank you :) Innokin Zlide doesn't have any options, it self regulates depending on which coil you got. They go from 0.5 to 1.6, however when you buy it you get 0.8 and 1.2. I tried 1.2 first but didn't like it, felt like I was drawing through a clogged straw. So I figured I need lower resistance. I liked 0.8 better, but still wished I could adjust settings. So that's the reason I went for rta, I just want to play and find just the spot. I'm sure I'll make it, I just need some pointers :)

Reactions: Falconeer

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
I don't think a twisted is good wire for you.....
To suggest u to use a build it's hard....

Keep in mind that if u want tight draw or more airy that would make me suggest another coil according to that...
I guess u tried the stock coils that came with the hellvape md that u own...
I would like to know which aiflow insert disk do u use and what hole on the airfow ring outside u like to use on hellvape md
Yeah, where I buy right now they have a bit of limited selection of wires, that was the best I could do, but I will definitely try different wires too. I wanted Kanthal, cause everything I read suggested this is best for beginners, but again, I'm open to different opinions, I want to learn.
I wanted to try the one that came pre made, I was guessing it's 1.2 cause it is thinner, but I managed to somehow mangle it, couldn't fit it right so I gave up before I completely destroyed it and made my own.
I left the one insert that was already in, the one with three holes, and right now I can't decide between fourth and fifth hole on the outer ring, but I'm still trying. Didn't like the first and second too much. (for reference, if it helps, on zlide I kept open two holes out of four)
About the draw... I like somewhat tight but not too much. I don't know how to put it, on a scale from one to five maybe just a little tighter than the middle?
And another question, whay does the vape keep popping? It pops almost anytime I draw a little longer (and I like long draws)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Thank you :) Innokin Zlide doesn't have any options, it self regulates depending on which coil you got. They go from 0.5 to 1.6, however when you buy it you get 0.8 and 1.2. I tried 1.2 first but didn't like it, felt like I was drawing through a clogged straw. So I figured I need lower resistance. I liked 0.8 better, but still wished I could adjust settings. So that's the reason I went for rta, I just want to play and find just the spot. I'm sure I'll make it, I just need some pointers :)

Sorry I thought you were talking about the Innokin Zlide Tank which I myself use with the 1.6 ohm coils and which does have adjustable airflow.

I don't know the mod ( battery ) system you are using as I only have ones where you can adjust the voltage or wattage to suit yourself in very small increments.

With abit of luck a member will be along soon with better suggestions.

Reactions: Flon

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
Sorry I thought you were talking about the Innokin Zlide Tank which I myself use with the 1.6 ohm coils and which does have adjustable airflow.

I don't know the mod ( battery ) system you are using as I only have ones where you can adjust the voltage or wattage to suit yourself in very small increments.

With abit of luck a member will be along soon with better suggestions.

I might try putting Zlide tank on Aegis mod and see where it gets me, but I think I ran out of coils for it. Have to look through drawer if I find something. But thanks for the idea, I didn't even think about that :)

Reactions: Falconeer

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I might try putting Zlide tank on Aegis mod and see where it gets me, but I think I ran out of coils for it. Have to look through drawer if I find something. But thanks for the idea, I didn't even think about that :)

I often use mine on an Aegis Legend with good results - coils for both the Zlide and Zenith are noted for the fact that you often need to go through a tank or two of liquid before the flavour comes out fully btw.

Reactions: Flon

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I was using slide also How many holes on airflow u used to use with the 0.8ohm
Yeah, where I buy right now they have a bit of limited selection of wires, that was the best I could do, but I will definitely try different wires too. I wanted Kanthal, cause everything I read suggested this is best for beginners, but again, I'm open to different opinions, I want to learn.
I wanted to try the one that came pre made, I was guessing it's 1.2 cause it is thinner, but I managed to somehow mangle it, couldn't fit it right so I gave up before I completely destroyed it and made my own.
I left the one insert that was already in, the one with three holes, and right now I can't decide between fourth and fifth hole on the outer ring, but I'm still trying. Didn't like the first and second too much. (for reference, if it helps, on zlide I kept open two holes out of four)
About the draw... I like somewhat tight but not too much. I don't know how to put it, on a scale from one to five maybe just a little tighter than the middle?
And another question, whay does the vape keep popping? It pops almost anytime I draw a little longer (and I like long draws)

Ok so I was using also same with zlide 0.8ohm coil and 2 holes....and then on the hellvape md are I was using the same airlow disk as u with the 3 holes.....and then I was using the outside ring hole number 5...that is 1.8mm hole...ok doesn't matter excactly cause I get how u want to vape it now...

I was using a coil like the one that came with the hellvape md it's fused Clapton but thinned it's actually many small wires together and produce good flavour.....

but like u I couldn't find it always on local vape shops....Soo I was using 28ga kanthal and nichrome....doesn't matter which one was both nice also...
The point is the surface area of the wire that comes to contact with the cotton...the ohms don't really matter from my experience....

I feel like since u are new to this building thing u should keep it simple at first using same coil and master your wicking....wicking means how u put the cotton...how much and how u take care of it...
The Poppin sounds u got are normal to happen a little bit....but if u got also juice Poppin on your mouth or pops all the time then u need to correct the cotton u use...
Need to put the cotton through the coil tighter...not sooo tight that it bends the coil but with a 28kanthal coil should almost be ready to bend it when u pass it through...
And needs more cotton maybe to fill the whole juice Wells where u stuff the cotton on the sides...
The thing is that takes a little time until u get used to it and u gonna be better every time u rebuild...
Try to find ways to kinda measure the cotton u use to be able to say this time I will try more or less...need consintency when u find the sweet spot...

Since u say u want flavour but not much cloud u may already know cause u make juices is that pg gives better flavour and vg a little less flavour but more cloud and is easier on the throat...
U can use the md if u master the wicking and whole building it I think with an 8wrap 28ga and 26ga coil u should be ok...like when u learn it u can get decent flavour with many wires....after all u don't want clouds so gonna go for simple wire builds...
Besides Poppin what else u don't like in the way it vapes Soo far??

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
And keep in mind that rtas especially first time it's not the case where u build and vape...takes time to get used to each rta u get and much more the first one...
Took me like one week to be able to build it without problems and much more to find what's best for me...
It's like as u build u don't realise it but you master it and then it vapes better...
I spend so much cotton at first and tried many coils but I should keep it simple and leant to put the cotton first perfectly cause it's not good to put in your mind tooooo many things in my opinion...

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
Wow thaks a lot, that was more helpful than a week of research :D

So I will be more careful with cotton and wicking, I had a friend show me but I need more practice.

I don't know if understood correctly, are you suggesting just plain wire or clapton? I saw in shop they have superfine clapton 30ga+38ga and superfine fused clapton 32ga*2(=)+38ga (both ka1 or ni80), then some ss430, some twisted wires, ni80 clapton 24+36, twisted clapton, juggernaut (wich looks amazing)... I just don't know what to buy

So far I rather like this setup, it's way more stable than zlide tube, and after few quick puffs it doesn't pop. It's also not as hard to build as I thought it would be. I never expected to do everything right the first time, so that's not a problem, I'll learn. As soon as I learn proper wicking and find best coil I think I'll like it even more.
Only thing that's bothering me right now is that I tought juice will last a little longer (I have 4ml tank and can go through 8-12ml a day no problem, especially now that I'm at home all day, I tought rta uses less juice) and battery. I was expecting it to last a little longer, I just started using vape yesterday afternoon and now it's already down to 1/3 (3000mAh, 15A, 3.7V LiIon). Oh well...
But other than flavour and popping (which I now know what to do about) I really like everything about it :)

• Winner
Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Wow thaks a lot, that was more helpful than a week of research :D

So I will be more careful with cotton and wicking, I had a friend show me but I need more practice.

I don't know if understood correctly, are you suggesting just plain wire or clapton? I saw in shop they have superfine clapton 30ga+38ga and superfine fused clapton 32ga*2(=)+38ga (both ka1 or ni80), then some ss430, some twisted wires, ni80 clapton 24+36, twisted clapton, juggernaut (wich looks amazing)... I just don't know what to buy

So far I rather like this setup, it's way more stable than zlide tube, and after few quick puffs it doesn't pop. It's also not as hard to build as I thought it would be. I never expected to do everything right the first time, so that's not a problem, I'll learn. As soon as I learn proper wicking and find best coil I think I'll like it even more.
Only thing that's bothering me right now is that I tought juice will last a little longer (I have 4ml tank and can go through 8-12ml a day no problem, especially now that I'm at home all day, I tought rta uses less juice) and battery. I was expecting it to last a little longer, I just started using vape yesterday afternoon and now it's already down to 1/3 (3000mAh, 15A, 3.7V LiIon). Oh well...
But other than flavour and popping (which I now know what to do about) I really like everything about it :)

Clapton wire is great with 5wraps of those u can get great flavour....the one u saw 32*2/38 vandy vape or any other brand with those specs of wire are suited for your vaping needs...ni80 usually can heat up faster but u said u like loong puffs Soo maybe kanthal is better for you...some say ni80 give better flavour and that kanthal give them a metal flavour at first Soo it's wierd to suggest but for me it's kinda same like I don't see difference in flavour...
Ofc it's personal preference really....but it's worth to try a fused clapton of those are the same as the ones that came with the hellvape....
but it doesn't mean that a simple 28ga 8wraps or 26ga 6 wraps are bad coils...

The more "extreme coils" like the tigers ,juggernats, Staples, and etc are overpriced and I think some are overrated and not seem good for your style of vaping...usually it's for big coils and direct lung vapers that want clouds...

Since u got 28ga wire now I guess u could get a vandy vape wire clapton and maybe a simple 26ga to have and try in future...

Juice consumption yeah it's bigger with this rta compared to zlide and k was kinda surprised also...
The wattage is also a lot higher...
With the battery u got u can vape up to 50watts and 3000mah it's nice capacity...

I don't know how many puffs u do but yeah when it's new and u try stuff and vape it a lot will drink it's juice fast...
At least we save lot of money on coils :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread