Hellp! Penelope is flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyTimeHarry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Cedar Park, TX
I just got my Penelope in today and after a coulple tries with the coils I got it up and running. However, it keeps flooding on me. I have the juice control tightened all the way in. When I take a draw, every time it gurgles like crazy. I have to barely draw on it in the beginning so I don't suck up juice and eventual I can draw harder. Once I stop I can take another draw right after and it is filled with juice again. Has anybody else had this happen? Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I don't own the Penelope, but I plan on getting one soon. Perhaps this video could help you out. At around the 8 min. mark on the video he unscrews the bottom off the mod and screw the center section in a little more...for more air flow I guess. I wouldn't know if that would help the problem. But maybe something else in the video could help.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Have you tried to blow it out? Do you have the screw that holds the wick down screwed all the way on? Only time my floods is when I forget to close the juice flow and then refill it.

Just blow the access juice out. Take a tissue and hold it at the battery connector and blow through the mouthpiece until juice no longer comes out. Then BE SURE the juice flow or mouthpiece it turned all the way to the right and you should be good to go. You will eventually need to turn the mouthpiece to the left a little to get the juice flowing again when needed. Good Luck. When the penelope is working properly it is the best vaping experience I have ever had thus far. :)

HappyTimeHarry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Cedar Park, TX
Thanks everyone, I got it working now. I took it apart and blew out the juice around the wick and carefully put it back together. I think I may have tightened on the tank too fast originally creating pressure inside. It seems to be working fine now. I love this thing. It looks beautiful and works like gangbusters.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Glad it's working good for you!!

happened to me too. on my first refill I had the mouthpiece opened up and it flooded.

I keep it closed now when refilling and all is good.

In my experience with it, I really like that fact that I can control my draw with the center pin if need be. Tight draw = center pin almost flush at connector/ more airy draw = center pin adjusted out 1 to 2mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread