help adding nicotine to bought e juice to make it stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberseattle

Dec 1, 2017
Seattle
I like e-liquid Recipe calculator, or if you don't want to join the forum Steam Engine has a calculator that is pretty basic. You could just add it to your desktop.
Welcome to the ECF community.
If you really want to do it yourself, here's a formula:

initial volume = the amount of 6 mg/ml juice you start with
initial concentration = the nicotine concentration of your starting juice (6 mg/ml, in this case)
target concentration = the concentration you want in the end (15 mg/ml, in your example)
nicotine concentration = the concentration of the nicotine you're adding (100 mg/ml, in your example)

Amount of nicotine to add

= [initial volume x (target concentration - initial concentration)] / [nicotine concentration - target concentration]

For your example, this would be:
= [initial volume x (15 mg/ml - 6 mg/ml)] / [100 mg/ml - 15 mg/ml]

= [initial volume x 9 mg/ml] / 85 mg/ml
Hi. Thank you very much

amberseattle

Dec 1, 2017
Seattle
Most of the calculators don't do mixed strength ejuice. You need to calculate it yourself most likely.

This explains how

How to Increase The Nicotine Of Your E-Juice - VapePassion.com
Wow, thank you. That is perfect . As some of the people said instead of trying to put in how much nicotine is in the already made juice I'm just adding the difference . Like if I had a 6 mg juice and wanted to make it 12 mg I'm only putting in that I want to make 6 mg juice . Thank you everybody I know so much more now than I did !

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi. I'm Amber and new to threads and forums. I have been searching different calculators to find out how to add my 100mg/ml nicotine to juice I already bought. It is 6mg and I want something like 15mg. it's not enough for me to know just the answer; I need to be able to calculate this myself and I'm hoping there is a calculator out there for it. I found one about a year ago but I'm having a major brain fart . If anybody can help you guys can . Plus I like to read up and learn new things . Thank you
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could read below:
re: Is there a calculator for adding nicotine to premade juices? • r/Vaping

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
what calculators do you use, to be honest the ejuice me up site i cant even find the calculator part. this just isn't my week!!
You need to download it. Click on "download now" toward the bottom of the page.

Just realized it probably won't help in your situation as it only allows for one nicotine input.

Reactions: stols001

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
You need to download it. Click on "download now" toward the bottom of the page.

Just realized it probably won't help in your situation as it only allows for one nicotine input.
Under "Tools" the "Nic Combine" function allows for three nicotine liquid inputs, also calculates the pg/vg ratio, which can just be ignored if only concerned with the nic%'s.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Under "Tools" the "Nic Combine" function allows for three nicotine liquid inputs, also calculates the pg/vg ratio, which can just be ignored if only concerned with the nic%'s.
Thanks for the correction. It's been a few years since I've used it and actually didn't know that function was there. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread