[HELP] Aromamizer: Flavor just isn't there

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEB

Nov 18, 2015
So here is my issue:

I recently bought the 6ml steam crave Aromamizer RDTA. I'm happy with the air flow and happy with the vapor production but I'm just not getting the rich flavor I was expecting. I've been running this tank on a Lavabox dna 200 in power mode, between 30-70W in my builds. Tried with and without the 2 hole vape band. Here are a couple of the builds I've tried so far:

24g Kanthal dual vert, 6 wraps, 2.5mm post, probably came out to between .35 and .5 ohms
26g Kanthal dual vert, 10 wrap, 2mm post, think this was running right around .5 ohms
26g/32g Clapton dual vert, 5 wrap, 2.5mm post, think this was running right around .5 ohms

I'm more of a flavor chaser and could really use the help of the community in IDing what I might be doing wrong, as well as some of your favorite builds for flavor. I like a decent amount of clouds but chasing definitely isn't something I'm concerned with. Thanks in advance for any advice, info, or guidance that you can provide.

Poeb09

Verified Member
I usually run 24g kanthal, dual vert, 7wrap, 3.0. A good place to go for your Aromamizer questions is the Steam Crave Fans Club on Facebook.I learned a lot from that group.
I agree running same build but with nichrome 80 flavor is great

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

kismetcapitan

Dec 13, 2008
Nashville TN
regardless of your build, try this: put the deck and base onto an ohm meter, or wherever you mount it to build your deck. Do a rough wick, then fill the outer saucer with juice. you'll be able to see how fast the juice is wicking, and trim off cotton as appropriate. don't leave too little though, because it WILL leak if you do.

I also drilled out the four holes in the bottom of the deck slightly. It definitely puts out some thick clouds, but I love it for the flavor, and you won't get that unless the wicks are richly saturated all the time, no matter what your coils are or what wattage you use it at.

I have a single vertical 24 gauge platinum/ruthenium non-contact micro coil (95% Pt/5% Ru), ohms out at .27. It sits between the posts and the air holes hit the coil from the sides; the other two are closed off. I'm running it at 22 watts; platinum is a lot more efficient than kanthal apparently.

Platinum coils only cost about $15, but you need to buy the wire in longer lengths. I'd try titanium; once a kanthal coil turns black, I can really taste it, and it's not that tasty....

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So here is my issue:

I recently bought the 6ml Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA. I'm happy with the air flow and happy with the vapor production but I'm just not getting the rich flavor I was expecting. I've been running this tank on a Lavabox DNA 200 in power mode, between 30-70W in my builds. Tried with and without the 2 hole vape band. Here are a couple of the builds I've tried so far:

24g Kanthal dual vert, 6 wraps, 2.5mm post, probably came out to between .35 and .5 ohms
26g Kanthal dual vert, 10 wrap, 2mm post, think this was running right around .5 ohms
26g/32g Clapton dual vert, 5 wrap, 2.5mm post, think this was running right around .5 ohms

I'm more of a flavor chaser and could really use the help of the community in IDing what I might be doing wrong, as well as some of your favorite builds for flavor. I like a decent amount of clouds but chasing definitely isn't something I'm concerned with. Thanks in advance for any advice, info, or guidance that you can provide.

That's exactly how I felt about the Billow V2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread