Help! E-liquid that tastes like a cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

suziewright

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
I have been analog free for 2 months. Still haven't found my all day vape. Yesterday my hubby was up to his elbows in muck so I lit his smoke for him. I SWEAR...I only took one drag...you know to make sure it was lit good.....

OMG! It tasted so good! Sweet, smooth...why can't I find a juice just close to that? I know about the burning tobacco, paper all the chemicals that were in that drag but, in this day and age of ecigs and science....

Oh how I miss you Marlboro!

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I started vaping because my wife went on gum and I promised that it was time I quit too. I put it off as long as I could but, in the end, I started vaping and she stayed on the gum. Fast forward a few months, I'm still vaping and she fell off the wagon and is smoking. So, plenty of temptation. However, I got a few months under my belt before I faced it. In those few months, I quit using tobacco flavored juice and ended up adjusting my nic level from 24 to 12mg. That was dictated by my need. It wasn't an effort on my part. I also started making my own juice.

Have I ever bummed a cigarette from her? Of course I have. When I smoked them they tasted bad and they made me smell. Drip a few drops of higher nic juice for cravings. If you've been off cigarettes a while, you'll enjoy it more. Just remember that with vaping the nic takes a little longer to hit. So, give it a bit to take the edge off. Up the nic in your juice, if you need to and can tolerate it. I had as much trouble with high nic as I did with low but, not everyone's like me.

Best advice I can give and best of luck!!!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I'm going to give you my opinion based on my own experience. Take it for what you will...

I enjoy tobacco. Grew up around it in finished form and spent summers at a place that grew and cured it. Actually got addicted to it later in life, but that is a different story.

When I started vaping, I vaped when I could and smoked when I had to. I knew from past experience that if I denied myself that tobacco, I would relapse sooner or later. I actually vaped more as a way to spend more time with my non-smoking girlfriend than anything else. And the vape was OK.

I tried, I swear, every vendor's tobacco flavor juice that existed at that time chasing something that tasted GOOD. I kept at it. Most of what I tried was a huge disappointment. I thought some of these flavor create-ers had the misfortune of only smoking while standing below an outhouse and were bottling that experience for me. I still vaped when I could and smoked when I had to.

As a joke to myself I bought a bottle of what I figured had to be the worst flavor that one could ever vape. It was named after a cake that I use to have as a child on my birthday. I knew it had to be worse. When I got that juice in the mail, I filled my cart and tasted it. (This is back in the day when carts were common and we spent much time moding them.) An amazing thing happened, I felt satisfied with that first taste. Satisfied like when I smoked, but it tasted nothing like a good tobacco.

After a short time since that taste discovery, I was getting ready to go to work and discovered that I had forgotten to smoke the day before. Just forgot to smoke. (I still have trouble believing that)

So I drew the conclusions that the taste of the juice is key to never wanting another cigarette. That the flavors you think you will love, you will not, and the ones that don't sound as if they could ever be worth a flying bean could be the ones that give you exactly what you need. Of all the smokers in my circle that have been willing to try flavors that sound too darn weird to be "smoking", every single one of them is now vaping. (One weaned down from all nicotine and only vapes socially now.) While every one that required a tobacco taste like a cigarette in the vape is still smoking. (Most quit and then relapsed, but I don't see a difference.)

So, when I see posts like yours, I usually suggest trying different strengths and flavors. Strengths of nicotine above and below what you think your level is. Flavors that sound weird, odd, too-different along with flavors that seem to be what you want. I think juice is the "key" to it all and you just have to find the key that fits your lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread