Help ease my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Internal Battery (Lipo) or External Batteries (18650)? Which type is right for you?

lipo-or-18650_large.jpg

For pure power (DNA-250C) - LiPo. 400W on a 4S pack? Can't beat it, really. Also, if running low power, you can run for a REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY long time. Issue is - charging it. It can take FOREVER. They also don't like being used and charged at the same time. Now you got me wondering... a 4S LiPo based mech. Wouldn't it just be a quad stacked mod?

"JESUS CHRIST JIM! THAT'S 14V OF POWER HITTING YOUR coils!"

For ease of use - 18XX0 (350, 450, 500, and 650), 2XX00 (20700 / 21700). batteries die? Swap em out. The issues arise when you need 2+ to power one device. batteries can get heavy you know. Guess it's time for some of us to invest in a battery case large enough to fill a duffel bag...

Reactions: Eskie

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Now you got me wondering... a 4S LiPo based mech. Wouldn't it just be a quad stacked mod?
You'll never see it happen. For one, you wouldn't want to use a LiPo in an unprotected mech because their chemistry is the most volatile battery chemistry. There's a good reason why you only see LiPo's in protected regulated mods.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You'll never see it happen. For one, you wouldn't want to use a LiPo in an unprotected mech because their chemistry is the most volatile battery chemistry. There's a good reason why you only see LiPo's in protected regulated mods.

And technically that was in a protected mod. It wasn't the mind's fault Smok was the father.

The 250c is a lot better with a 4S Lipo than the non c versions. Those have 1A charging compared to 2A in the C series. Or you can remove it ( if so assembled) and use one of those RC battery chargers if you want to swap packs around to avoid downtime.

Reactions: Baditude

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
And technically that was in a protected mod. It wasn't the mind's fault Smok was the father.

The 250c is a lot better with a 4S Lipo than the non c versions. Those have 1A charging compared to 2A in the C series. Or you can remove it ( if so assembled) and use one of those RC battery chargers if you want to swap packs around to avoid downtime.
That's what I'm aiming for I'm aiming for a 4S lipo in the dna250c. granted I'll be building the mod myself and doing all of my own wiring and soldering work but other than that yeah I I know that certain battery packs and battery styles can be extremely volatile.

That's something that the original poster should consider building her own mod we're having somebody with a technical know-how do it for her dna250c board and even the DNA 250 are pretty cheap and to get the stuff to build it is also relatively inexpensive you can use the DIY kit or you can buy the parts individually. and that my friends is taking safety into your own hands

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    So, @VM-Lady ,
    Have you quit the stinkies yet ?
    You've got plenty of info here, lots of users chiming in explaining how safe you are.
    Time to go for it !
    Maybe you need a higher nicotine level. Maybe you need to find the right flavor.
    I've found flavor to be a VERY important part of getting off the stinkies.
    Vape a while, and pretty soon, cigarettes taste nasty in comparison, and leave your mouth feeling weird.
    Just try to vape that vape when you wanna smoke tobacco.
    It's OK if you 'chain vape' at first, or even for a while !
    We've also got plenty of proof of the safety of vaping in general, for your body.
    Nicotine is not the enemy, it's the combustion of tobacco.
    So feel free to use a higher ratio of nicotine in your liquid.
    However, remember, nicotine doesn't taste so good, so that may limit your nicotine level.
    I've been on 6mg/ml for years now, I'm not concerned with nicotine being in my bloodstream.
    All the best ! We all hope you put the tobacco down ! You can do it ! We did !
    :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread