• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help fight cancer with F@H! join team ECF today!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Not much action in this thread, but I'll give it a shot.

It's a shame we can't get more than about ten people out of all the ECF members into Folding. Maybe it's a function of the use of laptops, tablets and phones. Folding on a laptop isn't really a good idea to to the limitations of laptop CPUs. They throttle as they heat up and Folding heats them up quite a bit. There isn't client for an Android or IOS phone that I'm aware of and even if there were it would load the phone/tablet so badly it would eat the battery in a very short time.

What do you Folders think of the new stats page at Stanford? IMHO it's another sign of, how can I say this diplomatically(?), the current culture we are seeing in institutions of higher learning. Kind of as bland and uninformative, plus lacking details.

My Folding rig also does duty as my VMS for the video surveillance system. A recent improvement in that has added Artificial Intelligence to the motion detection that is running on the GPUs. This has taken my Folding output down almost 1,000,000 per day, but it is what it is. I did look at another video card but the prices have gone through the roof as a result of the CCP Virus I guess so it'll stay where it's at unless I add another machine for the VMS duties.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

It's a shame we can't get more than about ten people out of all the ECF members into Folding. Maybe it's a function of the use of laptops, tablets and phones. Folding on a laptop isn't really a good idea to to the limitations of laptop CPUs. They throttle as they heat up and Folding heats them up quite a bit. There isn't client for an Android or IOS phone that I'm aware of and even if there were it would load the phone/tablet so badly it would eat the battery in a very short time.

What do you Folders think of the new stats page at Stanford? IMHO it's another sign of, how can I say this diplomatically(?), the current culture we are seeing in institutions of higher learning. Kind of as bland and uninformative, plus lacking details.

My Folding rig also does duty as my VMS for the video surveillance system. A recent improvement in that has added Artificial Intelligence to the motion detection that is running on the GPUs. This has taken my Folding output down almost 1,000,000 per day, but it is what it is. I did look at another video card but the prices have gone through the roof as a result of the CCP Virus I guess so it'll stay where it's at unless I add another machine for the VMS duties.

I saw your post, tried to get involved, but the Stanford site says, ACCESS DENIED."

What is the site we go to - to download the folding software and to sign up?

Reactions: awsum140

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I saw your post, tried to get involved, but the Stanford site says, ACCESS DENIED."

What is the site we go to - to download the folding software and to sign up?

Start folding - Folding@home

Our team number is 223274.

Be sure to get a Passkey. It will greatly increase the amount of points you get for the work units that your computer completes. I'm folding on a laptop, so I don't get nearly as many points as people with fast computers, but I feel like I'm helping a little.

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Dimension V

Not a big fan of the new stats page. Maybe I need to figure out how to navigate it, but every time I do, I just go to the old stats page. Blargh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread