• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help fight cancer with F@H! join team ECF today!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hey! Somebody is watching!

The counter is available on page one of this thread, if I remember correctly through a link. To make sure, I went back and checked so here's the link to make it easier -
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forms/request-for-team-ecf-folding-home-title.51/respond

My points do seem to be running on the low side for the last few days. I have been writing that off as getting work units for projects that just take more time/computation than some of the others. There is an ebb and flow to points per work unit depending on what projects are available from what I've seen.

The sig file hasn't been updating here, though, even though Extreme Overclocking has been updating normally.

Reactions: misswish1

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Here's a link for Extreme Overclocking that leads right to the "team" page. A lot of the columns are actually links to more detailed information. For example if you click on your name it takes you to more details of your folding efforts. I hope Old Soldier is still setting up the "certificates". It has been a while since someone asked for one though.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&a=1&t=223274

I sure hope more folks come "back to the fold". I've developed a very keen, and very personal, interest in seeing changes as a result of everyones' efforts with the research of folding.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Hang in there, tim. Maybe try the link I posted to the "certificate" and see what Old Soldier says.

@misswish1 If you use this link ans enter your folding name, it will link to your "official" Folding stats as recorded by Stanford.

Folding@home stats report

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I sure hope more folks come "back to the fold". I've developed a very keen, and very personal, interest in seeing changes as a result of everyones' efforts with the research of folding.

IIRC, when this team first started, Thrasher started a thread on the General Discussion forum and got a lot of people excited about folding. Somebody should do that again. I would, but I'm really not good at that kinda thing.

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Here's a link for Extreme Overclocking that leads right to the "team" page. A lot of the columns are actually links to more detailed information. For example if you click on your name it takes you to more details of your folding efforts. I hope Old Soldier is still setting up the "certificates". It has been a while since someone asked for one though.

Thank you! What a bunch of info, love it. I have a very personal interest, also. Hubby and I are both survivors, and lots of different stuff in our families. Prayers and good wishes.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Hey 3mg! Nice to see you. Give it a shot, just watch the temperature of the processor/laptop. A cooling pad might be a good idea. While FAH is very friendly in terms of other programs, defers memory and processor time very quickly, it can push the CPU and laptops aren't cooled as well as a tower or desktop. You can install this, Core Temp, to keep an eye on things. If you do install Core Temp watch the check boxes during the install to avoid the bloatware, freeware does try to install other things as well but you can uncheck that stuff during the install. I use it on both my craptop and big tower.

I seem to have lost my "banner" for FAH this morning. Maybe OS is working on things.

Points reporting seems a little messed up as well. Yesterday all three of my clients were showing just base credit but this morning the actual amount credited seems normal. Two of the clients are still showing just base credit though. I guess FAH is having the problem mentioned by Worksforme.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Looks like they got the "credit" problem fixed. I noticed, over the weekend, that some work units would show the bonus credit total. For the last day or so they've all been showing with the bonus credits. Knock on wood. Now, if my sig banner would "magically" pop back up....The funny part is that it shows, properly, in the signature editor but when you do a "preview" it's just the old "X" box.

It doesn't matter how many points per day get done. A contribution can be made, and a key piece of information found, no matter how many points or work units you're doing.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I hope Old Soldier is still setting up the "certificates". It has been a while since someone asked for one though.

I am sorry - we haven't heard from him since July 5, 2013
I think @retired1 has access to the FAH stuff tho

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Certificates are obtained through FAH. It does appear that we do have a forum issue with the form to obtain the FAH icon on your profile, though. I'll have to do some digging to see where the form is dumping the requests to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread