Status
Not open for further replies.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Hey Fellow vapers,

I have been lurking all morning trying to find a study or documentation on the effects of nicotine and stress. I get asked this a lot or pointed out to by others who believe the following to be true: "Nicotine does not lower stress but in fact brings your levels back to normal. The illusion of stress reduction is a byproduct of nicotine addiction as those who do not smoke experience overall less stress than those that do"

I would love to see more information / documentation on this. Are we actually relieved of stress? Or is are we stressed out because of the addiction and the nicotine soothes us back to normal?

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    hey Daleron, how did you get the title lurker? I'm a bit jellies :p (Apparently, spellcorrect suggested jellies as the correct spelling of jelious so I went with it haha)

In your settings where your's says Super Member, you type in what you want it to say and save, easy peasy :)

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2013
    East Central, Missouri
    My stress goes way down when busy body non-smokers & non-vapers leave me alone! My family's stress levels went way up if I ran out of cigarettes. Twice before when I tried to quit, my husband went & bought me more cigarettes & he's a former chain smoker!

I don't think it's so much about reducing stress for me as it is about keeping my hands busy. Some people knit, sew, crochet--I smoked but now I vape. I don't vape and didn't smoke nearly as much when I'm working. I was an ADHD kid and now I am an AADD. I choose nicotine to manage my condition rather than other chemicals I can't pronounce and need a doctor's prescription and good health care plan to get.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread