The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help for beginners trying to decide between Cigalikes and eGo based kits.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by gbojar, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gbojar

gbojar Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Largo, Florida
    Since we can't post in the New Member's Forum I hope this will still reach most. I understand most everyone here is already a vaper but this article, Beginner's Guide to Vaping could be useful for anyone you know who may be considering quitting tobacco for e-cigs and is trying to decide what to start with. It is specifically for comparing Cigalikes and eGo.

2. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    New York
    What do you mean we can't post in the new members forum??

3. Griff.J

Griff.J Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    ON Canada
    *DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY* Cigalikes are a total waste of money, crappy, unsatifying blegh... Start with an eGo-C Twist with a Kanger EVOD or something similar. You're doing your wallet a big favour by avoiding the cigalikes. I wasted over 200 dollars before I found out about eGo style batteries. I wanted the "Real thing" experience with small little sticks that looked like cigarettes, but you're not going to get the real thing experience. Quitting smoking is quitting smoking, vaping is a different experience and you need to adjust to the differences. Once I got my eGo setup in May of last year I never had the urge or picked up another cigarette since.

4. amp79423

amp79423 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    Lubbock, TX, USA
    Wish I had seen an article like that before buying a few njoy kings. However, if someone insists on a cigalike, I always recommend the joyetech eroll. 3.7v battery, puts out vapor comparable to the typical beginner ego/evod setup and is pretty simple to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. certus11

certus11 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2014
    usa
    If you want cigalike because they are small then I suggest you get a few EGO mini batteries and some tiny cartomizers instead.
    More fun

6. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
  7. TheReign

TheReign Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Kaua'i - Nevada
    Don't even bother with cig a likes. Basically just throw your money in the trash lol. Pay for something that will last you a while, that you can put juice in and customize. Thera better features in the e go style and it's only up hill from there

8. kevinj6121

kevinj6121 Full Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    i agree with everyone "Cigalikes" suck don't waste your money on them

9. ItsEddie

ItsEddie Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    The Bahamas
    Cigalikes are a waste of time.

10. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Nice write up, Ggobar!~

You guys seem to dismiss anything mini out of hand. Many would disagree.

I've been vaping since July 2012, and I love some of the cigalikes, though I have owned provaris, egos, reos, zmaxes, etc. The eRoll rocks and gives a great vape, so do some of the other cig-a-likes.

I guess that is why the eRoll topic on ECF is 82 pages and counting:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joyetech-eroll-mini/340059-joyetech-eroll.html

And so is the 35 page topic on what liquids go best in the eRoll:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joyetech-eroll-mini/406230-what-juices-do-you-use-your-eroll.html

As a matter of fact, the eRoll mini has it's own forum area, and it's hopping':
    Joyetech eRoll *Mini*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.