The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

HELP GG UFS 2 is stuck

Discussion in 'The GG' started by Rodney Conforti, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rodney Conforti

Rodney Conforti Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So I let my GG UFS 2 sit for 4 days I am unable to take it apart. I can't even get the atty out. I have thus ran hot water over it I have tried grippy thing. I am getting flustered. It is seized. Help anyone help.

P.S. I even used vaseline like Bruce suggested when first assembling it.

2. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    You may need to buy some penetrating oil and let it soak.

3. Zogem

Zogem Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2011
    Atlanta
    Metal expands in heat, so warming it up didn't help things. Not a major difference, but possibly enough to make a difference. I'd take the opposite and cool it, allowing in to marginally contract.

-Z

4. VPDownunder

VPDownunder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    Tasmania, Australia
    I had that happen when I forgot to lube the threads after cleaning. A pair of multigrips and a cloth wrapped around it to protect from scratching got it free, just don't grip the clear section if your using it.

5. silentt

silentt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    Let it sit in a bowl of hot water in the sink for about 30 minutes and have the hot water slowly running into the bowl to keep it hot. I had a aluminum GGTS seize up on me once and that was how I got it apart.

6. B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    In a pile of sawdust
    Rod, use 2 rubber strap wrenches they'll get some pretty stubborn things apart especially if used with a penetrating oil :)

7. wigglr

wigglr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    Massachusetts
    ......:ohmy:.......

8. Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Lakeland Florida
    I'm with Zogem on this, Stick it in a glass of Ice water, get it freezing cold, then try and take it apart, It should make it looser. Getting it hot is only making it stick tighter. If that doesn't work, then I'd use the penatrating oil ;) and of course a thorough cleaning afterwards

9. 5vz

5vz Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2011
    in here somewhere USA

::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[​IMG]

10. k3v1n

k3v1n Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2011
    London, England.
  11. Darth Octane

Darth Octane Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2010
    Colorado
    Biggest duh moment I had with stuck GG parts. My sister gave me the solution. The rubber grippy thing is close to where you are going. Best tool I have found for stuck GG parts. I pair of rubber dish gloves. When everything is dry, gloves included, Seems like they were never stuck. 1.99 at wal mart.

12. Oddy

Oddy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    UK
    a pair of latex gloves Kept in the juice box is a must for all kinds of sticky situations ;)

13. Para

Para Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2010
    Texas
    HOT water is your best bet. The ejuice has dried in the threads and sticks like glue. Soaking in really hot water will seep down into the threads and dissolve it enough to break free....might take a while so be patient and don't force anything. The rubber gloves is a great way to get traction so I'd buy a few pairs to keep on hand. HD sells a tube of them for a couple of bucks.

Penetrating oil will work, but you'll play HELL getting it cleaned out so I'd do that as a last resort and I NEVER put a tool on a GG product; one slip is all it takes to ruin a fine device. If you really want to use some sort of tool to twist the tubes, get a small strap wrench and put a rubber glove between the strap and the tube.

It will come apart w/o tearing anything up....again, just be patient.

14. Papa Hoyt

Papa Hoyt Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    Georgia
    Before I would abuse my GG product with any machine/penetrating oil i would soak the offending parts in Pure Grain alcohol.

If this is indeed a E-liquid gum up then the PGA is thin enough to go into the threads and break it down. Just get you a container with a lid to keep the PGA from evaporaring off completely and soak it.

15. Rodney Conforti

Rodney Conforti Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

FREE ATLEAST, FREE ATLEAST

Once the atty was free the rest came apart. Although I destroyed the atty.
    I soaked it in hot water. then was able to free the atty. and with a rubber band wrench(thanks Brad) it was apart finally.
    much cheaper then shipping it back to Imeo.

THANKS EVERYONE..
    ChicagoRod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.