HELP GG UFS 2 is stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney Conforti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I let my GG UFS 2 sit for 4 days I am unable to take it apart. I can't even get the atty out. I have thus ran hot water over it I have tried grippy thing. I am getting flustered. It is seized. Help anyone help.

P.S. I even used vaseline like Bruce suggested when first assembling it.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
......:ohmy:.......

::laugh::laugh::laugh:

205676920.jpg

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
So I let my GG UFS 2 sit for 4 days I am unable to take it apart. I can't even get the atty out. I have thus ran hot water over it I have tried grippy thing. I am getting flustered. It is seized. Help anyone help.

P.S. I even used vaseline like Bruce suggested when first assembling it.

HOT water is your best bet. The ejuice has dried in the threads and sticks like glue. Soaking in really hot water will seep down into the threads and dissolve it enough to break free....might take a while so be patient and don't force anything. The rubber gloves is a great way to get traction so I'd buy a few pairs to keep on hand. HD sells a tube of them for a couple of bucks.

Penetrating oil will work, but you'll play HELL getting it cleaned out so I'd do that as a last resort and I NEVER put a tool on a GG product; one slip is all it takes to ruin a fine device. If you really want to use some sort of tool to twist the tubes, get a small strap wrench and put a rubber glove between the strap and the tube.

It will come apart w/o tearing anything up....again, just be patient.

Papa Hoyt

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Georgia
Before I would abuse my GG product with any machine/penetrating oil i would soak the offending parts in Pure Grain alcohol.

If this is indeed a E-liquid gum up then the PGA is thin enough to go into the threads and break it down. Just get you a container with a lid to keep the PGA from evaporaring off completely and soak it.

Rodney Conforti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
FREE ATLEAST, FREE ATLEAST

Once the atty was free the rest came apart. Although I destroyed the atty.
I soaked it in hot water. then was able to free the atty. and with a rubber band wrench(thanks Brad) it was apart finally.
much cheaper then shipping it back to Imeo.

THANKS EVERYONE..
ChicagoRod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread