• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help, I can't stop buying new stuff!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
So far I own a DSE084, DSE901, DSE801, 510, DSE701, DSE601, Mini pipe, Screwdriver, 3 e-cigs from DX and their cigar, DPV9 its the one with the disposable atomizers, and last night I ended up ordering a freaking Janty Stick. I also own about 50 flavor concentrates, and atleast err lets just say 30+ bottles of e juice. All these purchase were made in am month. I love all the e-cigs, ugh I dont know how to to stop, i've already cancelled my credit card, and paypal :(

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Oh shucks ha-ha! :D

It really is a disease, should be a recognized addiction just buying the damn things never mind using them! I got 2 screwdrivers, adaptever, 2x 510 kits pcc case, packs of atty`s juice, carts etc etc!

Like my wife keeps telling me you only got one mouth, How many of these things can you possibly need?

My answer loads! Like a child with his/her favorite blanket or toy I feel the need to surround myself with these electronic devices ha-ha!

As soon as a new one hits the market my finger starts hovering over the buy it now button, then before I know it, I have bought another! :D

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Oh shucks ha-ha! :D

It really is a disease, should be a recognized addiction just buying the damn things never mind using them! I got 2 screwdrivers, adaptever, 2x 510 kits pcc case, packs of atty`s juice, carts etc etc!

Like my wife keeps telling me you only got one mouth, How many of these things can you possibly need?

My answer loads! Like a child with his/her favorite blanket or toy I feel the need to surround myself with these electronic devices ha-ha!

As soon as a new one hits the market my finger starts hovering over the buy it now button, then before I know it, I have bought another! :D

I wont mention how many quantities of those e-cigs I have lol. I wish I had someone to talk some sense into me but I live alone :D and just hide the stuff from the gf when she comes over lol. I've already decided on my next purchase the Janty Cameo it wont be out till October so I just have to try and control myself until then and hope that my favorite suppliers wont have any more sales ha

drasim

Jun 24, 2009
Bristol, UK
I've had to fight the temptation too. Thing is i've got the one type (510) and I keep thinking, I wonder what other types would be like...and then I think, does the 510 do the job? Do I want to fork out £100 on an all-in-wonder or do I just keep the 510 going for a few months yet?

Problem is I've got other things to save for....but next on my list is menthol liquid, just to keep it fresh. LOL

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
I've had to fight the temptation too. Thing is i've got the one type (510) and I keep thinking, I wonder what other types would be like...and then I think, does the 510 do the job? Do I want to fork out £100 on an all-in-wonder or do I just keep the 510 going for a few months yet?

Problem is I've got other things to save for....but next on my list is menthol liquid, just to keep it fresh. LOL

Make you're own menthol liquid its easy, i posted a recipe on it as well have a look at it. The 510 has to be at the bottom of my list when it comes to favorite's but thats just me. I hate the damn battery life on it. Oh and I need to be saving up as well I need 12,000 for my masters, such a rip off :mad:

you should get a Prodigy :)

E-Cigs.co.uk, Online Store

and i haven't tried one yet, but there's also the GG and it has great reviews too.

LOL i'm trying not to buy new things, you're no help :p i looked into the GG and the Prodigy, and well my reasons for not purchasing them are, with the GG there's always something new happening I read all the threads on it, and with the Prodigy do I really need something that powerful, I mean I'm fine with 3.7v on the SD. Or atleast thats how i justify not buying them to myself.

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
I thought I was bad, spent £458.57 so far since the start of June. Which works out at £9.42 a day now. Compared to normal cigarettes I'll break even in the middle of August.

Assuming I don't get any more kit!

By hey, I'm enjoying it so much. Don't think I'll be happy until I've got one of everything!

Going camping for 5 days soon... need to get enough batteries to see me through. Got a powerpack I can lug to the tent for charging though...

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
I thought I was bad, spent £458.57 so far since the start of June. Which works out at £9.42 a day now. Compared to normal cigarettes I'll break even in the middle of August.

Assuming I don't get any more kit!

By hey, I'm enjoying it so much. Don't think I'll be happy until I've got one of everything!

Going camping for 5 days soon... need to get enough batteries to see me through. Got a powerpack I can lug to the tent for charging though...

all you need is a screwdriver and 4 fully charged batteries and some juice, and maybe a couple of atomizers just in case. well um its gona take me sometime to break even but i dont care i'm happy with the fact im not giving my self lung cancer, and now smoking has become more of a hobby for me anyway

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
all you need is a screwdriver and 4 fully charged batteries and some juice, and maybe a couple of atomizers just in case. well um its gona take me sometime to break even but i dont care i'm happy with the fact im not giving my self lung cancer, and now smoking has become more of a hobby for me anyway

Agh! Don't say things like that my credit card is already crying.

But yes, if these things are not killing us (and I suspect that is true) then that outweighs any financial cost.

Plus I reckon I save an hour a day right now because I don't have to sit in the garden to smoke...

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Agh! Don't say things like that my credit card is already crying.

But yes, if these things are not killing us (and I suspect that is true) then that outweighs any financial cost.

Plus I reckon I save an hour a day right now because I don't have to sit in the garden to smoke...

Who knows maybe they are killing us but, at least I don't have family and friends nagging me anymore to quit. And honestly what can be worse then analogs??

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
I just like gadgets which makes it even worse!:(

If they brought one out with LED pretty flashing lights I would be first in queue ha-ha!

Think also the thought of complete failure of any device being a possibility? we like to hoard just in case ha-ha!

Bring out a see thought e-cig with a white strobe light at the end lol thats what i want

drasim

Jun 24, 2009
Bristol, UK
I just like gadgets which makes it even worse!:(

If they brought one out with LED pretty flashing lights I would be first in queue ha-ha!

Think also the thought of complete failure of any device being a possibility? we like to hoard just in case ha-ha!

I hear that. Last year I spent £200 on some virtual reality headset to play Xbox with...just because it was a gadget and sounded good. In reality, it isn't!

I'm thinking i'm going to hold out at least a month or two to see any new PV models and make my current investment of £125 worthwhile!

CoderGuy

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Washington, USA
So far I own a DSE084, DSE901, DSE801, 510, DSE701, DSE601, Mini pipe, Screwdriver, 3 e-cigs from DX and their cigar, DPV9 its the one with the disposable atomizers, and last night I ended up ordering a freaking Janty Stick. I also own about 50 flavor concentrates, and atleast err lets just say 30+ bottles of e juice. All these purchase were made in am month. I love all the e-cigs, ugh I dont know how to to stop, i've already cancelled my credit card, and paypal :(

LOL I feel your pain (or my wallet does actually). Every time I buy another my family says, "I thought this was supposed to be 'cheaper' than smoking" to which I reply, "Now I will live longer to recoup the costs" :lol:

It's worth it though, I wouldn't have met you all had it not been for e-cigs (ah those innocent days back in April when I got my first NJOY and said, "This is all I will ever need!").

CoderGuy

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
LOL I feel your pain (or my wallet does actually). Every time I buy another my family says, "I thought this was supposed to be 'cheaper' than smoking" to which I reply, "Now I will live longer to recoup the costs" :lol:

It's worth it though, I wouldn't have met you all had it not been for e-cigs (ah those innocent days back in April when I got my first NJOY and said, "This is all I will ever need!").

CoderGuy

I'm gona have to use your line from now on lol, and i'm the kinda guy that always wants the new stuff so i know i'll be buying more stuff, and its not meeting new ppl on here :D

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
Make you're own menthol liquid its easy, i posted a recipe on it as well have a look at it. The 510 has to be at the bottom of my list when it comes to favorite's but thats just me. I hate the damn battery life on it. Oh and I need to be saving up as well I need 12,000 for my masters, such a rip off :mad:

LOL i'm trying not to buy new things, you're no help :p i looked into the GG and the Prodigy, and well my reasons for not purchasing them are, with the GG there's always something new happening I read all the threads on it, and with the Prodigy do I really need something that powerful, I mean I'm fine with 3.7v on the SD. Or atleast thats how i justify not buying them to myself.

haha, yes. sorry to hop in the UK thread, just reading new posts. but yes, if you're happy with 3.7v then try to stay there...because you will probably LOVE 5v. it's the "dog's ..." well, you know the phrase :)

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
haha, yes. sorry to hop in the UK thread, just reading new posts. but yes, if you're happy with 3.7v then try to stay there...because you will probably LOVE 5v. it's the "dog's ..." well, you know the phrase :)

Well you're more then welcome to lurk around here, because technically I'm not in the UK either, I'm in Ireland, but close enough. Btw I'm a former Texan and a UT fan i see you're from Tulsa you're not a sooners fan are you? :p

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
Yes - we all know this addiction well. :) We are vapaholics and we in the US should fall under the 'Americans with disabilities" act - right??

It may have to do with an abnormal attraction to the mailperson or the UPS delivery person??? IDK

I just go with it - it is soo much more fun than smoking.

I too - must have one of everything - so you are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread