Help! I Need a 0-Nicotine, Menthol Rig. I'm Going Broke Trying Different Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pervis

Jun 4, 2012
USA
I am looking for the strongest possible, 0-Nicotine, Menthol rig. Every brand I've seen requires you to buy an $30 - $50 "starter kit" just to try it out. I have been through three now and none have been satisfactory.

Some background: I am doing this for my wife who has MS and is trying to give up smoking (Misty Green 120's) after 40 years. She says she's likes the Menthol and the feel of smoking but wants to eliminate the nicotine and other nasty things. The problem is that of the 4 brands she has tried, only one (Logic Zero) has a strong enough Menthol taste for her… and that brand is a disposable design, about $8 for 400 puffs, and currently out of stock.

So far she has tried 3 "cartomizer" brands: Volt, Vapor4Life, and Nuvo. She found Volt a distant second choice to Logic Zero and the other two weak to be acceptable.

I would like to get a refillable brand to economize but have been told (by the V4Life tech) that you should only use refillable cartomizers or tanks with a manual battery because they leak and ruin an automatic battery. I also read on this forum that you can get the strongest "hit" from a manual battery. The problem is that my wife is so weak she has difficulty pushing the button on an iPod, so I am not sanguine that she will be able to use a manual battery.

I would appreciate a recommendation of a strong, refillable, automatic 0-Nicotine Menthol brand and/or any other advice which might help. She is now 5 weeks into this Nicotine free program, so I am confident of her success if we can find the right match.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. This must be very challenging for her and you, as well. You are a good husband to try to help her out with this. Of course, its your wife's choice as to whether she wants to quit nicotine in addition to smoking. realize however that nicotine is not harmful in of itself, multiple studies have shown, and it has been used clinically to combat MS nerve pain, as well as that from other neurodegenerative diseases. I myself have used it for Guillain-Barre pain for almost 20 years, and it is very effective for this. Not trying to tell her what to do, just know that it can actually be beneficial in this situation, and will not harm her.

So, the right PV. You can always buy blank cartomizers and fill them with any liquid you want. There might be "methol kits" sold, but as long as you know the battery threading, you can use whatever e-liquid and pretty much any cartomizer you like, you just have to get the right threading. Since she needs a cigarette-size auto battery, you also don't want to get cartos that are lower than about 2.2 ohms.

It sounds like you are less than thrilled with any of the PVs you have chosen. As an aside, you can always sell your kits on the classifieds here on ECF. Someone will probably buy the V4L and the Volt. Can't say anything about the Nuvo.

When I want a vape very much like a real cigarette, I use my 510-T. This is an auto 510 battery, but the airhole is smaller than a regular 510, and thus less apt to get juice in it, which can kill an auto battery. It also has a bit more voltage than a regular 510 battery (3.8V vs 3.2V). The kit includes attys and cartridge tanks, which you fill with whatever liquid you like. However, I really like how 3.0 ohm clearomizers vape on it, and they are lighter than the atty/tank combo. I put a soft rubber drip tip on the clearomizer, so I can just bite on it in my mouth and puff away without having to hold it. Like a cigarette. You could go with lower resistance than 3.0 ohms, down to around 2.2 ohms, to get a stronger vape, but the 3.0 clearos have surprisingly good vapor compared to regular cartomizers or attys. And great flavor.

The 510-T kit is more expensive than some other starter kits. Ecigexpress carries it:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/joye-510...63_82/joye-510-t-automatic-select-color-p-903

It should be pretty good with a Boge regular cartomizer, too.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/cartridg...cap-xl-black-cartomizer-5-pack-by-boge-p-1068

You do NOT want to use a dual-coil cartomizer on the 510-T, as they will generally be very low in resistance.

Here are the soft drip tips to allow bite-friendly vaping:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/drip-tips-c-30/510-901-soft-drip-tip-regular-length-p-859

I generally use big manual battery PVs, but I always have a 510-T loaded and ready for a nice automatic treat. How long their vaping time is will depend on several things: how often she hits it, the resistance of the carto or atty (lower = less vaping time). I get about an hour out of mine, but I vape like a freight train with those. There are also XL 510-T batts available, but ecigexpress does not sell them.

Best of luck to you and your wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread