HELP!!!! Is my Chuck sick????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
Ok....Just got my 'lil chuck about 2 weeks ago. I only use it at night as I take auto batteries with me to work to stealth vape.

IT HAS NEVER BEEN DROPPED! I use 808 Cartos and have the built in 808 adapter model made by Jeff.

Started noticing what I thought was lower battery life, like 3-4 hrs on 18350 batts, then hard draw, then hot and cold, ie no vapor, some vapor, etc. Now I have to suck like crazy to get any vapor.

I thought, no prob.....must need to clean the connector just like with the KR808 batteries. The crevices are filthy. I tried cleaning with pin, wet paper towel with vodka, little brush, pin in airholes, etc. Still looks dirty and this is hard to do as the connector is recessed some in the top end cap such that I scratched up the top cap's paint:( . I don't know what else to do. All this work to clean it and it still is acting the same. Put newly charged batt on and no change.

HELLLLLLP!:(:cry:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
could be the center pin is not making good connection on the chuck to the atty.

see if you can take the atty and slightly move the center part (pin) outward towards you. this may take a little doing as it isnt real easy to get a hold of the center pin on the 808s. Or try another new carto and see if it makes a difference.

I bet this is the problem. probably got pushed down from maybe tightening too much on the connector and now is not making a good connection.

you can take the 808 and if you see a slot on the center post just turn it to the left a turn or two and bring the center post out a bit and retry your carto.

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
AHHHHHHH! Just performed the surgery. Couldn't find any tweezers that were small enough to fit around the post. I used a small screwdriver and tried pushing on the corner of the center groove edge on one side and then the other. I think it is better, although it now whistles!!!!...MUCH more vapor though!

that is a good sign that that is the problem..
try another carto is you have one.

It is sometimes good to have yourself an adapter like in your case a
808 to a 510 so you can always have a backup to use 510s in case of emergencies and extra attys.. :) just my thoughts on it.

I always like to have more than 1 type of atty available for testing or just in case situations..

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
well...now seems to work intermittently....have to suck hard (whistling), then something seems to give and I get more vapor, then it dies off.....all in one draw. Same on different carto.

should I turn it some more....I don't want to hurt the insides!!!

I like your idea about getting an adapter, just in case....will order one. Thanks!

I am convinced this is an airflow problem but I have turned it counter clockwise a couple of turns and nothing is changing.....can't figure out how to get the post up more....whistling stopped though! It's giving me a headache to suck so hard to get vapor...LOL!

And just to be clear....I am turning the notch on the lil CHUCK....not the carto....the carto works fine on all my other equipment as do other cartos.....the problem is with the CHUCK!

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
well...now seems to work intermittently....have to suck hard (whistling), then something seems to give and I get more vapor, then it dies off.....all in one draw. Same on different carto.

should I turn it some more....I don't want to hurt the insides!!!

I like your idea about getting an adapter, just in case....will order one. Thanks!

you just have to be careful as to how many turns you make as there is a lead wire connected to the center post that usually has a soft solder connection that can snap.

If it is doing it on both cartos you might have a switch problem developing.

Dont know really other than that. If you have a meter you could measure voltage and see if there are fluctuations going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread