Help - Junky Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
For years I have been using pre-built 1ohm coils from an ebay seller who is no longer around. They lasted months and I usually never had to change them unless a leg broke or if I damaged the coil accidentally. I kept them clean with a couple of needle files and even over long periods of usage the resistance never varried by more than .1 ohms. And they never needed cleaning more often than once a week - sometimes longer.

Now that I am down to my last few of the Ebay coils, I am learning to build my own. I've gotten good at hitting my target resistance, the problem is keeping them clean. They build up so much black gunk I have to clean and re-wick daily. The coils are caked with the stuff. Because of this I can only use the coils on squonkers, as dumping out a tank to clean the coil is a pain.

What I want to know is if there is a difference between different brands of kanthal? The pre-build coils were never this grungy, even after a week of use. I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem. I'm vaping at 14.3 watts and 1 ohm - exactly the same as I did with the Ebay coils. Same juice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread