Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshinthecity

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Sydney
www.joshinthecity.com
I'm at the end of my tether.

I have a Halo Triton set up that is very good, but the shipping costs are crazy $45 to Australia. And I wanted a bottom coil. I didn't want to swirl hanging wicks. Time to make the jump

So I thought I'd take the jump to mods / 510 tanks.
I have an Evic, running the latest firmware.

I bought a Protank 2 (and extra coils), this was crazy airy, flavour muted, and nowhere near the Triton tank. tried at 3.5V up to 4.8V. Then removed a wick. No real change. Then bought Evod coils for it, as this was suggested here. Still rubbish, clouds of vapour, but no real flavour

I spent a day on the forum and decided..
Vapeonly Mega BCC
Fantastic draw.. perfect actually, but again, no flavour compared to the Triton tanks.
Removed a wick. No change. 2.2 ohm std coil.

So here I am, with a mod and nothing to go on top of it.. I really want to move UP from my Halo gear, but to be honest, the tanks have both been a step down.

I also tried a Liquinator carto tank, this lasted about 10 minutes before I got a burnt taste at 3.7V, then it leaked all over and I got ...... off and threw it and the punched Boge carto in the bin.

I'm pretty much having a ... moment.

Any help from the gurus would be VERY much appreciated at this point? Is it me ?
Or is the Halo gear really just exceptional. Huge plumes, fantastic deep complex warm flavours from juices that just taste meh in the tanks.

(used the same juice for all these tests BTW.) a RY4 variant

Thanks gang.
Josh.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I don't think taking a flavor wick out would adjust the flavor...

But you can block one or more of the base holes in the PT, Evod and such to change the air flow. I find running the beauty ring up gently to the base of the PT works somewhat to reduce air flow as well.

Bottom coils tend to run cooler than top coils, so maybe that's part of your perceived lack of flavor. Running at the higher end - without burning - can help, or getting double flavor in the juice may do the trick.

Some just don't like carto flavor, so maybe you're just in that camp, and good to find out what you don't like as much as what you do like!

There are also a couple of dual bottom coil clearos, although I haven't used any of them. Here's one review:
http:/..................../wordpress/2013/09/25/4915/

Or, just put your Triton on top of your Evic. If the Triton isn't 510 or Ego, check around for a thread adapter.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I know I sound like a broken record but I had the same problem with the PT2 and no flavor. Zip. Nada. Putting an Aro pyrex coil in it made ALL the difference. Smoktech ARO/Tumbler Coil Heads. Can adjust air flow by blocking a hole or channel as DavidOck suggested. And if you want to avoid that burnt silica taste, rewick with 100% cotton. Can't dry-burn but lots of flavor and vapor and can chain vape without burning as long as you don't have the watts pushed through the roof for whatever ohms you're using. Good luck.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I boight 9 different tanks before figuring this out.

If you want the same triton tank just buy a kanger T2

T2 Clearomizer - 2.4ml, Changeable Coil/Atomizer Head - AltSmoke

Another option is the kanger T4 which really out of all the top coils is my favorite cuz i never seem to have to twirl it and i can vape most all of the juice before i have to refill! I have 5 since they only hold 0.9 and i prefill them so i dont have to play in juice all the time.

Kanger T4 510 Slim Clear Cartomizers 1ml 2.5ohm - 1PC [gv-KangerT4-2.5] - $2.75 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Also i started on the triton and just recently gave it to my mom.
If the above doesnt work, something else is going on, vapors tongue, inproper draw, bad juice...

I think you would be happy with both of the above. As i, like u was very happy with the triton but wanted to move up have variety etc.

Also i like the idea bcc too, but am having a hard time liking them... Like u.... didnt want to do with swirly twirly dances.... Easier to clean as well.
Im getting ready to try this
Nano Clearomizer - 510 Thread - AltSmoke

Also for flavor i have the best luck with 2.5 ohms at 4.3 volts.
that is the only setting i can vape an ecod on... But i find it to be airy.

Another thing i do is i bought menthol from high desert vapors and i put about 2 drops per 1ml of juice.... It doesnt make it mentholy or pepperminty it gives a bit of a throat hit and seems to magnify flavor.

Also what flavor juice are you vaping?

My personal second favorite top coil is the iclear16.
No complaints out of it at all other than i really really want to find a bcc that i like for ease of cleaning.

It is very comparable to the triton tank imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread