Need Help Deciding On My Next RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
The Drop doesn't have bottom airflow. The Drop, Goon and dead rabbit all have side airflow. The way the coil position is on the Drop the airflow comes in from the side but is underneath the coils. For true bottom airflow rda there are quite a few to look at. Rapture, Mask, Mad Dog, Rabies, Devil, Battlestar or Bolt just to name a few.
I probably should have phrased myself better what I meant to ask was that when you close the airflow down does it close from one side to the next or does it close from the top to the bottom? So like can I leave the top airflow open with the bottom airflow closed or vice versa? Or do I close the airflow on the right and leave the airflow open on the left?

Reactions: Letitia

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
True but when they say 1:1 and the air holes aren't right, like the one I have, the real might be better, lol.
What do you mean? I like my Goon but IN MY OPINION the Goon is overhyped. The airflow could be better but it's ok. I have a new Goon 1.5 I have even built yet that is suppose to have more airflow.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I probably should have phrased myself better what I meant to ask was that when you close the airflow down does it close from one side to the next or does it close from the top to the bottom? So like can I leave the top airflow open with the bottom airflow closed or vice versa? Or do I close the airflow on the right and leave the airflow open on the left?

Oh. The airflow closes on both sides from top to bottom. The Drop has 10 air holes on each side in a T pattern. 4 holes on top row, 2 holes 2nd row, 2 holes 3rd row and 2 holes in the 4th row. You can have all 10 open or you can close them 1 hole at a time from the top down.

Last edited:

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
What do you mean? I like my Goon but IN MY OPINION the Goon is overhyped. The airflow could be better but it's ok. I have a new Goon 1.5 I have even built yet that is suppose to have more airflow.
I agree with you % Don29! The guy at my local b&m let me take his Goon 1.5 for a 1 week test drive yesterday and holy crap! It's ok don't get me wrong but I don't get the attraction? Usual, cyclops air flow, clamp style (not even spring loaded), tiny Philips heads...maybe it's because it's offered in "pretty" colors? Like I said, it was ah-right but me personally, meh! Now I'm afraid to try the Dead Rabbit for fear that I'm going to find it to be very similar

Reactions: Letitia

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I agree with you % Don29! The guy at my local b&m let me take his Goon 1.5 for a 1 week test drive yesterday and holy crap! It's ok don't get me wrong but I don't get the attraction? Usual, cyclops air flow, clamp style (not even spring loaded), tiny Philips heads...maybe it's because it's offered in "pretty" colors? Like I said, it was ah-right but me personally, meh! Now I'm afraid to try the Dead Rabbit for fear that I'm going to find it to be very similar

I hate my Dead Rabbit. It's crap. On the other hand I love my Drop. My Drop is my #2 RDA behind my Lucid. The Lucid is awesome but it's definitely NOT for everyone.

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
Oh. The airflow closes on both sides from top to bottom. The Drop has 10 air holes on each side in a T pattern. 4 holes on top row, 2 holes 2nd row, 2 holes 3rd row and 2 holes in the 4th row. You can have all 10 open or you can close them 1 hole at a time from the top down.
Ok cool, as long as I can close off the top and leave the bottom holes open, I'm golden! Thanks again Don29, you're the best! I found my next rda!!! ( I'm actually standing up doing a little dance right now, although I probably look more like Steve Allen did in The Jerk but you get the picture, lol) (please tell me you get that reference or im gonna feel very old, lmao)

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Ok cool, as long as I can close off the top and leave the bottom holes open, I'm golden! Thanks again Don29, you're the best! I found my next rda!!! ( I'm actually standing up doing a little dance right now, although I probably look more like Steve Allen did in The Jerk but you get the picture, lol) (please tell me you get that reference or im gonna feel very old, lmao)
You mean Steve Martin. The Jerk is hilarious!

Last edited:
Reactions: coreyoli

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama

The clone I have doesn't have the AFC done right.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
@papergoblin
Mine does. I guess.:D

If you want a lot of airflow, the Goon isn't the best RDA out there. But the 1.5 should be more like your cup of tea.
For my vaping style the Goon is already too airy, nonetheless I like it very much with one of the holes closed. Because of your recommendation, I got myself an Apocalypse and I like it very much as well, and it's right on par with the Goon. But I always use it with the smallest airflow setting.;)

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
@papergoblin
Mine does. I guess.:D

If you want a lot of airflow, the Goon isn't the best RDA out there. But the 1.5 should be more like your cup of tea.
For my vaping style the Goon is already too airy, nonetheless I like it very much with one of the holes closed. Because of your recommendation, I got myself an Apocalypse and I like it very much as well, and it's right on par with the Goon. But I always use it with the smallest airflow setting.;)

Very cool. The Goon is not bad. I like mine. It's very easy to build on. I do like my Apocalypse much better. Like I said earlier I have a Goon 1.5 I haven't built yet. I also have a Rapture I haven't built yet. I really need to quit buying stuff. I just put in an order tonight for some more stuff. I'll be sending my kid a box with some stuff I don't use anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread