Help me decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Quick question: I have two devices, some extra coils and several juices. All the juices came from a subscription service. Some are just OK, some suck, and the only one I really like is almost gone. My biggest fear is running out of coils... but I also have never had a really good juice, so this is my question: get more coils or finally get a decent juice? I have enough coils and juice to last for weeks, so not an immediate issue, but have very little funds, so what would you choose in my situation?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Quick question: I have two devices, some extra coils and several juices. All the juices came from a subscription service. Some are just OK, some suck, and the only one I really like is almost gone. My biggest fear is running out of coils... but I also have never had a really good juice, so this is my question: get more coils or finally get a decent juice? I have enough coils and juice to last for weeks, so not an immediate issue, but have very little funds, so what would you choose in my situation?

If I were in your shoes, and had enough coils to last double the time until I could get more, I'd find a juice that made me want to keep vaping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Make your own coils and make your own juice.
That's an expense that this person doesn't sound like he can afford at the moment. It takes cash flow to get started getting the raw materials, tools, and gear to rebuild. Same for DIY liquids. You need Pg, vg, liquid nicotine, flavoring agents, measuring equipment, etc. Original poster didn't sound like he can afford all of these at this time.

I have the ingredients and the tools to make my own e-liquid, but that doesn't guarantee that my recipes are going to taste great...or even be vapable. I've only had about a 25% success rate with my DIY skills. That's about equal to my chances of finding a good commercial vape juice.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
HigherStateD, thank you for the only actual answer so far (other responses don't seem to understand my situation) I actually flipped a coin... it agreed with you (finally get a juice I will enjoy)
I don't think it matters, but here's the details: Aspire PockeX and 9 coils, Innokin EZ Watt 35W kit and 7 coils, four 60ml bottles of juice (three over half full, but the only one I really like down to 20 ml) and a 30 ml bottle of 18mg tobacco juice I use to boost nic of other juices. Vape under 4 ml a day. Juice I want is Vapetasia Killer Kustard 100 ml. Pretend it's armageddon and I'm going to be in a bunker for awhile... extra coils or more (good) juice?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
HigherStateD, thank you for the only actual answer so far (other responses don't seem to understand my situation) I actually flipped a coin... it agreed with you (finally get a juice I will enjoy)
I don't think it matters, but here's the details: Aspire PockeX and 9 coils, Innokin EZ Watt 35W kit and 7 coils, four 60ml bottles of juice (three over half full, but the only one I really like down to 20 ml) and a 30 ml bottle of 18mg tobacco juice I use to boost nic of other juices. Vape under 4 ml a day. Juice I want is Vapetasia Killer Kustard 100 ml. Pretend it's armageddon and I'm going to be in a bunker for awhile... extra coils or more (good) juice?
More good juice. And RDA, probably clone, wire, wick.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Side note: my first juice was unflavored... coils lasted very long too. That's actually part of my problem... only getting average of 4 days from a coil (PockeX) Innokin EZ coming in 2 days (hope it's coils last longer) The extra coils will be for the Innokin EZ (prism t20s)
Of course I would love to do my own coils, wicks and juice... duh! Not an option right now.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
You have enough coils to last a while, so go for the juice. Do a search for Vapetasia Killer Kustard. I found one site in just a few minutes that had the 100ml for $11.49. Ecigaretteempire.com. I don't know anything about this company, so I don't know if they're reputable or not. Another option is to look at other sites for a vanilla custard. ohmsvape.com or vapewild.com would be a good place to start.

I just checked Ohmsvape and they have a Vanilla Custard 120ml for $13.95. I used to buy a lot of stuff from them (I make my own now) and always got quick delivery and quality juice.

Directvapor.com has the Vapetasia Kustard 100ml for $16.99 plus free shipping.
I hope that helps some.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
So I'm going for the juice. I had already decided to get a 5 pack of coils (for the Innokin) from directvapor, so will order the juice also (otherwise I was going to get two 5 packs) Trying the 0.8 ohm coils. I had a feeling many of you would agree with my juice choice... highly rated and very popular. The only juice I really liked from the subscription is LITquid General Custerd. I also mix a bit of lemon/strawberry with it... might try that with the Vapetasia juice too (the lemon is way too strong on it's own) Thanks for putting up with my crazy thread.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Finding juice you like is one of the hardest things to do when you start vaping. You might try 20 flavors for each one you like, and that gets expensive. I vaped stuff even if I didn't like it rather than throw it away. At least you have a couple you like for when your budget problem clears up.

I remember a couple of vendors I used would offer a sample pack of tiny bottles so you could experiment without spending too much. I don't know if that still happens.

Guess it's easier with pods since you have a choice of tobacco or menthol.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
IF the option exists where you live, I'd try a local vape shop that will let me sample (they'll usually let you for a $1 sampling fee to comply with FDA regs). Find one juice you really like. Even if you overpay for a bottle in the store, if it's a popular brand (which is what local shops almost always sell) you can order more online at a lower price. It's actually cost effective as you're not ordering based on the very subjective opinions of others.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
HigherStateD, Thank you so much! Directvapor only had 6 mg and even that was out of stock, so went to eightvapes ordered 12 mg (good price and reasonable shipping) I am doing the "happy dance" :banana:
Could not verify my age with directvapes, but called and issue resolved over phone.
Just got my Innokin kit... going to open it right now! Thank you all (by the way, I'm in California, US)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread