Help Me Get The Best Out Of My Mech Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
I've been using an MVP2 W/ KFL & PT2's coils around 1.8 - 2.2ohms. I just bought an Hcigar Nemesis, don't have a kick. My problem is I'm not getting a flavorful vape. With my MVP I most always stayed at 6 - 6.5 watts with 1.8 - 2.5ohm coils, anything over that and I got a hot, burned taste.

What can I do to get a more enjoyable, flavor vape with my Nemesis & KFL. Should I lower the ohms on my coils. I currently only have 30 & 32gauge wire and I'm using sterile cotton for wicks.

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
I've been using an MVP2 W/ KFL & PT2's coils around 1.8 - 2.2ohms. I just bought an Hcigar Nemesis, don't have a kick. My problem is I'm not getting a flavorful vape. With my MVP I most always stayed at 6 - 6.5 watts with 1.8 - 2.5ohm coils, anything over that and I got a hot, burned taste.

What can I do to get a more enjoyable, flavor vape with my Nemesis & KFL. Should I lower the ohms on my coils. I currently only have 30 & 32gauge wire and I'm using sterile cotton for wicks.

Watch a few videos online on how to correctly build coils. Also use ohm's law to calculate what resistance you will need for what power output. You cannot use any kind of cotton for your build due to chemicals used to dye the cotton. You need to use organic cotton. 30 and 32 gauge wire are great to start with without worrying about too low of a resistance. About 90 percent of vapers build their coils wrong so be sure to check multiple videos and have an understanding of how electricity works. Hope this helps!

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
I've watched tons of videos on coil building. I'm pretty sure my builds are correct for the ohms in getting as they've been working fine with the MVP. I'm using sterile surgical rolled cotton from CVS pharmacy as it seems lots of folks use

Have you let it break in? I've noticed a slight break in period with cotton usually around a few hours. You might want to make sure the cotton is snug fit into the coil. What resistance are you currently using?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
If you are using a 2.5 ohm coil, you are only getting around 5 watts. With a freshly charged battery you'll be in the 6 watt category for a bit, till the voltage drops. An unregulated mech can only put out the volts that the battery has. That's why most go with rba's with mech's. If you build a 1 ohm coil then you will be starting at 16 watts, and drop down to 12 watts as the battery gets to 3.5 volts. That's why people will build sub ohm coils, a .8 ohm coil will get you about 21 watts on a freshly charge battery then drown to 15 watts at the 3.5 volt range. Use ohm's law to figure out what your build will produce from voltage of 4.1-3.5 and you'll be able to get a better handle on things.

Now to handle such high watt outputs, you need a build that can wick like crazy so that it can keep up, and more importantly, you need a battery that can handle the high rate of current discharge. Having a reliable ohm meter is essential for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread