Help me pick my first Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Vaper of just over a month now. My eGo has treated me nicely, but after using my 510 pt and trying a fellow Vaper's Silver Bullet @6v, I have decided it is time to move on. It has been narrowed down to either the Provari or the Silver Bullet, money isn't too much of a concern, and anyways, no analogs for over a month = present for myself. :D

If someone could give the pros/cons on both, that would be amazing, and greatly appreciated!

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
i dont know much about the SB but I just ordered a provari. Its due in the mail today so I dont have first hand experience yet, but from all my research it is a very good mod. Plus being VV means that you can dial in the voltage to find your sweet spot. Got an LR, tune it in to 3.7ish, got a standard res, dial it up to 4.5. Got a high resistance atty, crank it up to 5-6. That old atty not performing as well as it use to? dial up the voltage and make it perform again. It also has a built in ohms checker and a lot of safety features to prevent damage to the unit such as short protection, thermal protection, reverse battery protection.

The standard unit uses a 18490 IMR high drain, and you can buy an extension cap to use 18650 IMR high drain. I ordered mine with 2 18490 batts and a charger for just shy of $200 out the door. Variable Voltage provides you with so much diversity its like having many mods in one. You have a 3.7v, 5v, and 6v device and everywhere in between all in a single well built package.

I'll let someone else comment on the SB, as I said, I know nothing about that one. Good luck and vape on!

Edit: I forgot to mention the best part! The digital readout. No need to bust out the multimeter to know what your voltage is. It tells you right on the screen. It also increments the voltage by .1 from 3.3 to 6.0

Last edited:

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
AZ
I have owned a Silver Bullet for a month now, and received my Provari about a week ago. I can tell you from experience that the Provari is way better than the Silver Bullet. I'm glad I have my Bullet, and I use it with my lower res attys and cartos. It's a good solid unit that works fine, but the lack of a "catch well" (the Bullet is flat on top where juice occasionally leaks due to my overfilling cartos or overdripping attys) means that my Bullet always feels greasy due to small leaks spreading out over the ultra-smooth surface of the body of the Bullet. Also, the finish on the Bullet is a fingerprint magnet. My Provari feels better in my hand, and the variable voltage means that now I can ALWAYS get as much throat hit as I want. My Bullet was going to be my backup mobile device - (quite a luxury in itself) - but I broke down and bought a second Provari as a backup to my first Provari and leave my Bullet at home. The Bullet is awesome, but the Provari is definitely awesomer. :)

Last edited:

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
i dont know much about the SB but I just ordered a provari. Its due in the mail today so I dont have first hand experience yet, but from all my research it is a very good mod. Plus being VV means that you can dial in the voltage to find your sweet spot. Got an LR, tune it in to 3.7ish, got a standard res, dial it up to 4.5. Got a high resistance atty, crank it up to 5-6. That old atty not performing as well as it use to? dial up the voltage and make it perform again. It also has a built in ohms checker and a lot of safety features to prevent damage to the unit such as short protection, thermal protection, reverse battery protection.

The standard unit uses a 18490 IMR high drain, and you can buy an extension cap to use 18650 IMR high drain. I ordered mine with 2 18490 batts and a charger for just shy of $200 out the door. Variable Voltage provides you with so much diversity its like having many mods in one. You have a 3.7v, 5v, and 6v device and everywhere in between all in a single well built package.

I'll let someone else comment on the SB, as I said, I know nothing about that one. Good luck and vape on!

Edit: I forgot to mention the best part! The digital readout. No need to bust out the multimeter to know what your voltage is. It tells you right on the screen. It also increments the voltage by .1 from 3.3 to 6.0

JTman, you and I ordered the same on 2/1, got mine today as well. It is everthing they said, how is your working, wild huh! Let me know what you think?

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
After using my ProVari today all I can say is: GET ONE! You wont be disappointed. This thing can handle just about everything. It has a native 510 connection, but there are adapters for virtually every other connection out there. With variable voltage you can make any atty/carto you have vape like a dream. There is a bit of a lead time but the wait really is worth it. Good luck!

JWebb: I am totally loving this thing. It really does live up to the hype. It's so well built and it performs perfectly. I used my Cisco 306 LR (1.6 ohm according to the provari) at 3.9 volts. I couldn't go any higher without tripping the circuit protection, but it was vaping like a dream at 3.9 anway.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
The Vari is an awesome unit. It really is well built and truely delivers. Anyone getting one will be more than happy. As DarwinUser pointed out the darwin is also a stellar device and once restocked one will be in my arsenal. Now if they do not stop bringing new devices to market I will be getting my ... kicked from my wife for spending so much on this hobby. Enjoy those Vari's people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread