Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormiefury

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Wylie, TX
I bought a silver bullet and the guy gave me 2 batteries for inside it that equal 6volts total. He gave me some regular cartomizers and it has burned up all 5 plus the one it came with. I bought this thing last Wednesday. It hasn't even been a week. The cartomizers are prepunched and I'm using the liquinator they sell for my tank system. I'm going insane. Now it's Sunday and I have nothing to vape with. What I need to know is if someone who has a silver bullet could tell me exactly what cartomizers to get, if I should even bother using a tank and where to get the cartomizers for it. Tomorrow my provari is supposed to be here and I"m driving to a different store to get them to help me set it up. I see plenty of people who have tanks and cartos on their provari so I'm hoping they can help me. In the mean time I don't know how I'm going to survive until tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks, Stormie :cry:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you don't have one, get a cheap volt ohm meter and check resistance on the cartos and attys you have. It's important to use the right resistance with the voltage you are using. At 6v, you are going to need 2.8 ohm and higher.

Harbor Freight, Northern Tools, Walmart, and other stores sell meters for around $10 and sometimes less. It's money well spent.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Hi. :) If you're carto is the right resistance (as mentioned 2.8ohm or higher) and you're filling the carto as well as filling the tank before you fire it up it "should" be wicking and vaping well. That said, not all cartos are created equal. The Boge 3ohm seem to perform the best at 6v with or without a tank around them. They wick well and keep up with even a heavy/chain vaper quite effectively. Not sure what brand of carto you have or it it's bottom or vertical coil, or what ohms but these things all factor in when dealing with higher voltage. Try the 3ohm Boges, they should do well for you.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Another tip.... (this one is for your morale since the advice above is good)

DON'T GIVE UP. You may have to change stuff around. Remember: there are thousands of us that have quit smoking using e-cigs. However, there is a learning curve, and there are literally thousands of combinations of equipment. So don't give up. Starting off with tanks/carto combos may be a bit frustrating (IDK if you have had success with other stuff before this).

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
how are you filling your cartos? It sounds like they could be dry and thats why they burned bc theirs not enough juice in them.
Id recommend using the silver bullet at 3.7V until you really get the hang of cartos. The 6V is alot of power and does give a nice vape with the right gear, but if your not familar with what your doing the 6V could easily burn them.
I recommend using a syringe to fill your cartos. CCV gives you a free one with all carto purchases. Its very easy to do and will ensure their filled correctly. I use the Ressurector cartos on an E-Power and fill all ofmine with a syringe. The first fill is very important and Ive never burned one filling with a syringe. I get on avg about 2-3 weeks out of one carto before Im not satisfied with the airflow and start with a new one.
I also would try using just regular cartos and not a carto tank until you become more familar and better at using cartos.
A regular carto will be less comlicated. With a carto tank, no offense, but theres more that a newbie can possibly screw up. Besides possibly the things that I mentioned above with the cartos, it could also be something with the tank, like The prepunched holes could be to small so the carto wont wick well and gets too dry. Also what is the PG/VG ratio of the juice your using? HIgh VG juices dont work well in some tanks and that could be causing the problem. Real thick juices dont wick well in tanks and I recommend thin, higher PG juices for them.
Thats why I would try just some normal cartos so you can really learn how to use them well. The Boge cartos are easy to use and learn with and the Ressurector cartos work really well also and hold a lot more juice than the Boges.
Dont get frustrated! Goodluck!

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Get some SR Boges . Not sure what cartos you got but the boges work great a 6v . The way it sounds is you did not keep the carto wet enough and they burnt out because of it . How are you filling the cartos/tanks . You should be filling the carto before putting it in the tank . Also you should put a few drops of juice in the top of the carto when it looks dry . Also what juice did you use . You may be using a really thick juice thats not wicking into the carto good

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...if using 6v, you need to go with 3.5ohm or higher cartos...use this Ohm's Law Calculator to find a resistance that will give you a vape in the 8-10watt range(many's sweet spot) go above that with much caution and it will be hard to vape above 12w without burning/scorching/boiling your juice...or so I've read...YMMV................
madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread