Help me pick one

Status
Not open for further replies.

danne123

Mar 29, 2009
Hello!

I am interested to buy a e-cig but I am not sure which one to buy.
I am a college student at my second year of five with no economical income. Camel Blue is my favorite brand right now but I think it is still to weak in flavor. I also like Ritmeister Livarde.

The purpose with e-cig is to reduce the cost of my cigs and skip all the dangerous chemical like tar, carbon monoxide etc.

Do you have any good recommendation for me?

Phalse

ECF Veteran
801 penstyle kit (comes with 1 wall charger, 1 atomizer, 2 battries, 5 carts)

1-2 extra batteries (total including kit batteries 3-4),
3 extra atomizer (total including kit atomizer 4 at least),
a few blank carts,
30-150ml liquid,
1 usb passthrough

ordered from china. Ruyandirect.com

He should be carrying black 801s by now, if not next week, also he will soon have usb passthroughs in black, if not next week just get the passthrough for an 801 from eastmall.net Or simply checkout eastmall.net their prices are pretty dang good too.
Both are in china, better to order everything you can from just one of them.

Thats why its good to build a shopping cart and compare between the two sites to see the price difference and who has what for sale.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It sounds like you want what we call a good "throat hit", more like traditional smoking with your electronic vaporizer choice. The best model as far as "hit" and battery life is the screwdriver (SD) but it's a little more expensive than most ($150 US, made in the UK). I have the SD, a 901 and an 801 (classic penstyle) and the SD is by far the best. Trog's web site is: ecigscrewdriver.com

I got my 901 from e-smokey treats.com and Phil is great to deal with. He's a little more expensive $65 vs $50 (901) but he provides a 3 month warranty and 2 atomizers and 10 cartridges instead of 1 atomizer and 5 cartridges. For better "hit" you will probably want either 24mg strength nicotine liquid or 36mg. You will also need to sign up for paypal but that is free. The 901 is a good starter e-vaporizer. Batteries last 2-3 hours but you get a second battery and the charger which is standard with all starter kits. You will want to pick up a few extra atomizers and it's more economical and a better vape to buy your own liquid instead of using pre-filled carts. I get most of my liquid from puresmoker.com but I am also trying some other supplier's liquid, also. I haven't tried them yet, but eastmall.com has good prices and $15 flat shipping from China.

Well, I hope that helps.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
The 901's are great for first time. Also I would look into the Vapor King
e-cig. They do not have there website ready yet. Heard it will be soon.
I am waiting for the carts. The Vapor King has throw-away atomizers.
Makes it easy to e-smoke. They have a great throat hit. The Screwdriver
e-cig is real good,but it is rather high priced. Anyway my opinion on the matter.

danne123

Mar 29, 2009
Thanks for your suggestions!

The cigarette at ecigscrewdriver.com seemed to be big and clumsy and I am not sure about that one.

The penstyle cigarette that Phalse recommed seem to be a better option for me. You get everything you need for a good price. Too bad the color is just plain white. But it was a good recommendation! I will think about that one.

I got a recommendation from a friend, dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10099
Have anyone tried it?

Some other question I got in my head right now:
But how is the quality for the penstyle cigarettes? How long is lifetime before they get broken?

Phalse

ECF Veteran
I think if you take care of them they are about the same life span and durability, with a slight advantage to the penstyle because it dissipates heat better being larger.

901 would be smaller, vapor gets to your mouth faster and is warmer, closer to a real cig(haha its not like 801 is "unlike" a normal cig, this is just how people describe the models and feeling of them).

Some people say the sugar/tobacco flavors comes out more though with cooler smoke. I have no idea if this is true or not, I can't compare 2 models with same liquid. I picked one model e cig and went with it (for now, to start off).

It's a hard choice, 901 is a good choice, you could order from eastmall.net and get all your 901 parts or 801 for cheap there.
Ruyandirect is a little bit cheaper but may not carry black yet in the 801, he said he will carry black 801 at ruyan by the end of the week in a post.

The 3rd poster is probably correct, 901 is a good choice to start.

Either one you pick 901 or 801, you will like them, and the price from "either" eastmall.net or ruyandirect is so good you cant complain. You would be marked up a lot from almost any other seller. (there are some good us sellers here if you search the forums)

Just make sure you order a semi-decent first order so 1 part doesnt break and your screwed. Save money by ordering from china but spend the same amount you would from a normal vendor, gaining extra parts (atomizers, batteries and/or usb passthrough, extra liquid for cheap)

Last edited:

danne123

Mar 29, 2009
Cigars are nice but don't bother getting a deal extreme device though. They have had consistently bad reports on here. Stick with a 901 or an 801 and you should be fine. As for longevity, some last months some last weeks, it's luck of the draw. If you decide you like it get some spares or pay for a warranty.

When you say "As for longevity, some last months some last weeks, it's luck of the draw." is it for Ruyan cigarettes or dealextreme?

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Thanks for your suggestions!

The cigarette at ecigscrewdriver.com seemed to be big and clumsy and I am not sure about that one.

The penstyle cigarette that Phalse recommed seem to be a better option for me. You get everything you need for a good price. Too bad the color is just plain white. But it was a good recommendation! I will think about that one.

I got a recommendation from a friend, dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10099
Have anyone tried it?

Some other question I got in my head right now:
But how is the quality for the penstyle cigarettes? How long is lifetime before they get broken?

Hi the SD is NOT LARGE NOR CLUMSY.
it is quite a surprise on how nice it is, YES many will SCREAM, do not spend that kind of money, but I did, and thrilled I have
I also, have bought pretty much every item on the market, but I have been doing this for a while. For your first item,. The SD may be a challenge to deal with, however, it is ONE of the TOP products, currently in the market.

good luck, we all know it is difficult to choose the right one, for our needs

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I don't think you can beat the 510 by joye. Aka as the "yeti", it blows the 901 away. Good vapor, and good throat hit, and good battery life. I used my 901 for about 6 months, just got tired of the sticking batteries, burnt up atomizers, and poor performance in general. Some of my 901 atomizers lasted less than a week. The 510 is an all around good preformer, but some of the carts do tend to leak a little. This is a problem I can live with due to it's great performance. Check it out at electronicstix.com Jason will treat you right.

rsmith76

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
When you say "As for longevity, some last months some last weeks, it's luck of the draw." is it for Ruyan cigarettes or dealextreme?

Any of them really. Batteries and atomisers will fail over time no matter who you buy from. The Deal Extreme units have a particularly bad reputation however.

If I were you I would check out the reviews thread and buy a 901 or an 801 from one of the suppliers who get good write ups. If you like it buy some spare parts and branch out from there if you need to.

sendit2mybb

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
The 901's are great for first time. Also I would look into the Vapor King
e-cig. They do not have there website ready yet. Heard it will be soon.
I am waiting for the carts. The Vapor King has throw-away atomizers.
Makes it easy to e-smoke. They have a great throat hit. The Screwdriver
e-cig is real good,but it is rather high priced. Anyway my opinion on the matter.

I have to agree w/ the Vapor King from Vapor4life. I have purchased many e-cigs and definitely think this is the best "bang for your buck". Especially, if you're just trying to cut down the cost on your analog cigs. The Vapor King's battery life is long (less hassle of constant charging) and you can just toss the atomizer/cartridge if you're not using it that often and don't want to re-fill the cartridge. Just makes it simple if you're vaping it ocassionally because you won't have to buy liquid if you don't want to. After the initial investment of a starter kit; you're looking at just around $2.25/ per day with a single cart. I wrote a little Initial review under Vapor4life in the supplier section if you want more info. Good Luck!:rolleyes:

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
I've got a 901(mini), a 4081 (supermini), a 401, and a 510(dura/titan/yeti), and out of them I can say the Dura is my favorite. The dura with a PCC gives you all the battery power and all the nic you need to make it through the day. This is key if you don't have constant access to power. It sucks getting caught short of battery power towards the end of a night out and having to buy overpriced bar cigarettes that you won't really enjoy anyway. Also, the dura is sexier then the 801, while still having the giant carts.

Just my .02

danne123

Mar 29, 2009
I couldn´t find an edit buttom, but....

The Janty was hell expensive! There won´t be a Janty for me that is for sure!
When people referee to DSE 801, do they referee to ruyandirect.com/index.php?gOo=goods_search_list.dwt&gcat=24]Starter]Starter Kit or is it some other manufacture?

I searched the web for some cool e-cigarettes, and have you guys heard about The Platinum Wicked ECig? Freaking cool that is!!!!
totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/product.asp?id=54

My two top candidates is now DSE801 by Ruyan and the Platinum Wicked ECig.

jukeboxsabotage

Mar 23, 2009
Portland, OR
Totally Wicked has gotten great reviews from everything i have read so i think that would be a safe choice.

I personally am defying what everyone reccommends and am getting a 401 as my first.

When it comes down to it, everyone can give you advice(most here is good advice) and opinions but it is really all up to what you think will fit your needs/style.

Plus from my research 100% of e-smokers use more than one device anyway haha.

blueeyekelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
all ove the USA
I like this tread... answered some of my questions.. I was going to ask for advice :) but I think this tread helped me loads.

Yesterday morning I had never even heard of e-cigs after spending hours looking on the net and reading this forum I kind of decided to get the 801 and maybe a 901.

But I do not think I will order till Monday ruyandirect was out of atomizers and by what I read I want extras of those things... also trying to find where I can get a car charger for not very much because both my husband and I want to try this and he is a truck driver so needs to have a car charger...lol..

I am looking into finding a place I can get set up for about $200 with everything I need to start out with and last about a month.

I'm a moderate smoker (less then a pack a day on normal days) and hubby is heavy smoker and with this new tax (both state and fed) cigs jumped from $12 a carton to $25 in the last 30 days...

Ok I'm done rambling.. sorry I do that a lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread