Help! My DNA30 Died!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
It's a sad day :distrust: My beloved Ruinovo mod is dead!

After nearly 4 months of "almost" daily use it has developed a fault. This fault manifests in different ways................

1. With no atty attached it appears to function normally, all the buttons work as they should and the "CHECK ATOMIZER" screen is displayed

2. With an atomiser attached it will function normally for around 10 minutes, then it will either........

a. Fire continuously, without pressing the fire button.....................or
b. Display the "LOCKED CLICK 5X" screen (the screen will then pulse (flash) continuously as if the button is being continuously pressed)

3. If you then remove the atomiser, the board will appear to function as normal again as in 1. above

4. If you then replace the atomiser it will immediately go into "LOCK" mode as in b. above

5. The only way to get it out of this cycle is to remove the battery, wait for a few minutes and then replace the batteries. At which point it will function again for ten or so minutes, then "LOCK" or "FIRE" again!

I have tried a few things to fix it.............

1. I un-soldered and re-soldered the atomiser connections twice, both times I checked that there were no shorts around the connections.....

2. I removed the "on-board" fire button to eliminate it from the equation

3. I un-soldered the fire button

4. I un-soldered the fire button leads from the board

None of which has helped. It still either "self fires" or "locks". I doubt I have any chance of removing the board from the mod undamaged as I epoxied it in good! If I don't find a cure I will probably have to scrap the whole thing!

If anyone has any clue as to what's going on please help. Is it worth asking Brandon? If so, how? Do I use the "Contact Us" link on the Evolv site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread