Help, my ohms are too low...Freemax mesh pro and Aspire skystar mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Hello guys, so I am using the Freemax mesh pro tank with the Aspire Skystar mod. Included for this tank was the double mesh coil (really great btw) and the single mesh coil. The single mesh is supposed to be 0.15 ohms but on my skystar it gives me 0.14. I think that is the reason why the taste is just weird. It should give a good taste. I am assuming the ohm reading is too low. What can I do about that? Is there any way I can manually set it to 0.15 ohms? My new coils will take a week to arrive...

Cheers

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think that is the reason for your bad taste, honestly. Coils have minute difference manufacturing wise, so it's not unusual for a small amount of plus or minus. Really, just vape it the way it is, don't try to manually change your coil settings all you will do is confuse your mod.

You may just not like this particular coil/may need a different wattage/some juices play well at different resistances, and/or you may just be more used to the way your juice tasted with the other coil.

Play around, but not with your coil settings. And keep in mind this particular coil may not be for y you, as simple as that.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Factory-made, drop-in coils can have an acceptable varience of resistance of + / - 0.02 ohm, so 0.14 ohm for a 0.15 ohm coil is ok.

Different mods can also have an acceptable difference in "reading" the resistance accurately. If you have a different mod, you might find that that coil measures out to be 0.16 ohm.

I have to ask did you "prime" and "break in" the coil before you vaped it? The below video demonstrates how to do that with a different tank than yours, but the principles are relevant for all tanks and coils.

Last edited:

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Factory-made, drop-in coils can have an acceptable difference of resistance of + / - 0.2 ohm, so 0.14 ohm for a 0.15 ohm coil is ok.

Different mods can also have an acceptable difference in "reading" the resistance accurately. If you have a different mod, you might find that that coil measures out to be 0.16 ohm.

I have to ask did you "prime" and "break in" the coil before you vaped it? The below video demonstrates how to do that with a different tank than yours, but the principles are relevant for all tanks and coils.

Thanks, I am quite experienced with drop ins. Maybe the coil is just bad lol

• Optimistic

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
I don't think that is the reason for your bad taste, honestly. Coils have minute difference manufacturing wise, so it's not unusual for a small amount of plus or minus. Really, just vape it the way it is, don't try to manually change your coil settings all you will do is confuse your mod.

You may just not like this particular coil/may need a different wattage/some juices play well at different resistances, and/or you may just be more used to the way your juice tasted with the other coil.

Play around, but not with your coil settings. And keep in mind this particular coil may not be for y you, as simple as that.

Anna

That is really informative, thank you. I was not sure how much is acceptable. I guess I will just wait for the new coils. The funny thing is I know the juice and it shud taste amazing, but does not. I don't even want to vape it right now. I tried different juices already. But maybe I am just too used to freemaxxes amazing double mesh...I will play with the wattage a little. Ill update here :)

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread