Ohms reading at 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Okay, its fine.
It doesnt always read exactly what the coil says, it can be 0.01-0.03 off and its totally fine :)

The taste can be just a new coil taste, can you elaborate a bit on that issue?
Okay perfect :) and it’s hard to explain it just has this bit of a weird taste than normal. Anytime I’ve gotten a new coil I never had this issue. Now the other day I put a coil in from a new tank that was mailed to me from freemax. The new tank came with two replacement coils and one was already inside the tank. I used that one and had a really strange reaction. When I inhaled it tasted burnt and really strange and what I blew out seemed more like smoke rather than vapour smoke if that makes sense and it lingered in the room longer than normal. It tasted really different and the juice was almost bubbling so I threw it out and put my old one back in and it seemed fine then I went and got a new coil today and had a bit of the same taste as I had when I put that bad coil in it. Not sure if there’s something wrong with the mod or what. It’s nothing like the bad coil just that bit of a weird taste like I had with that bad coil. I can’t describe it. Maybe a bit of a burnt taste I’m not sure

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
im new to vaping. I have a freemax fireluke mesh ohm tank and a smok mod. On the mod it shows that ohms symbol that weird Greek symbol at 17. And my vape tastes different. It’s a brand new coil so I’m not sure if that number is normal or if something is wrong. Can anyone help?
Yeah, you're good. Sometimes it will pick up slightly off of what your coil says. Did you prime the coil? That could be the taste issue

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Yeah, you're good. Sometimes it will pick up slightly off of what your coil says. Did you prime the coil? That could be the taste issue
Yes I primed it but not like I normally do this time. I don’t usually let it sit. I’m found out at the store that I should let it sit for 10 minutes and then only open the air vent a tiny bit and inhale without firing to get rid of any air. Before I wouldn’t let it sit and I would close the air vent completely and inhale a few times.then I opened the air vent and fired it. I tried starting st 30 watts took a couple drags, went up to 40 watts then to 50. I normally go to 60 watts but have been sticking to 50 because 60 was apparently too high. I found I only got my desired drag at 60. Like the strong puff

Reactions: stols001

Llamasquito

Aug 31, 2018
Did you prime it?
Put a few drops of e juice in the coil, fill the tank, let it sit for 15 mins, take a few drags without firing the mod.

Some coils taste weird for a while but your description makes me think its either a dud coil or you burned it.

Also rember to start lower wattages and then slowly start upping it ::

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Did you prime it?
Put a few drops of e juice in the coil, fill the tank, let it sit for 15 mins, take a few drags without firing the mod.

Some coils taste weird for a while but your description makes me think its either a dud coil or you burned it.

Also rember to start lower wattages and then slowly start upping it ::
I can’t see it being a dud.
It is firing. In a previous comment I explained how I used a coil that was sent to me with a new tank from freemax and that was really bad. It tasted awful and the juice bubbled a bit. I blew out what seemed more like smoke then vape smoke if that makes sense. What do toy mean add a few drops of juice to the coil? I just let it sit in a tank of juice for 10 minutes and then let the air vent open a tiny bit and inhaled without firing a few times then opened the air vent.
Inhaled while firing starting at 30 watts, then 40 watts a few times and then 50 it didn’t have that weird taste right away so maybe I did burn it. I don’t know how to properly prime this or anything and now I worry I just ruined a brand new coil and don’t have the money to buy another one :(

• Optimistic

Llamasquito

Aug 31, 2018
I meant dropping juice directly on the coil before installing it, couple of drops :)

You might also want to up the watts slower, i usually do in 2-5 watt increases, not sure if it makes alot of difference though.

Its probably burnt.
If it tastes burnt on every pull, its burnt.
And there is nothing you can do except change a coil :/

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
I prime the coil with a few drops then let it sit for a couple minutes. I'll start at 20 watts not even getting vapor but the coil heating up will pull the juice in. Then move up to 30 watts and so on. Opening the fill port for a second or two between draws will speed up the process. I'm usually vaping at 80 watts in about 3 minutes by slowly upping the power and cracking the fill port.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Those mesh coils have a lot of cotton to soak. You've gotten good advice so far. Put some juice on the cotton from the top of the coil to start getting it wet. Install it and let it sit 5-10 minutes to soak. Start with some primer unpowered puffs to start as you're doing. Then start a bit lower on power and go up a few watts at a time until you're around where you want it. It really shouldn't take too long. Breaking the coil in that way will not only avoid scorching the cotton but increase coil life as well.

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Those mesh coils have a lot of cotton to soak. You've gotten good advice so far. Put some juice on the cotton from the top of the coil to start getting it wet. Install it and let it sit 5-10 minutes to soak. Start with some primer unpowered puffs to start as you're doing. Then start a bit lower on power and go up a few watts at a time until you're around where you want it. It really shouldn't take too long. Breaking the coil in that way will not only avoid scorching the cotton but increase coil life as well.
Can you explain this a bit further, I’m brand new so some things I don’t understand like where do I put the ejuice in the cotton? From the top? Like inside the coil? And the parts about primer unpowered and powered? Sorry I’m a little slow lol

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
Besides it sounds like my coil is shot. It doesn’t really taste burnt I don’t think, just tastes a bit different I can’t explain it but it I probably is ruined and I don’t have another $10 for a new coil

• Optimistic

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
I prime the coil with a few drops then let it sit for a couple minutes. I'll start at 20 watts not even getting vapor but the coil heating up will pull the juice in. Then move up to 30 watts and so on. Opening the fill port for a second or two between draws will speed up the process. I'm usually vaping at 80 watts in about 3 minutes by slowly upping the power and cracking the fill port.
You mean the air vent at the bottom of the tank? Close it, take a few draws, open it for a few, close and repeat? Where exactly do I add the ejuice drops on the coil and how many drops?

• Optimistic

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
I meant dropping juice directly on the coil before installing it, couple of drops :)

You might also want to up the watts slower, i usually do in 2-5 watt increases, not sure if it makes alot of difference though.

Its probably burnt.
If it tastes burnt on every pull, its burnt.
And there is nothing you can do except change a coil :/
Damnit that was my last $10 on that coil. I can’t get another one for a few weeks now maybe even a month and I just quit smoking :( ..... It doesn’t really taste burnt I don’t think I can’t describe it. It’s the normal taste with a hint of something different. Might be a bit burnt I can’t tell lol

• Optimistic

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Damnit that was my last $10 on that coil. I can’t get another one for a few weeks now maybe even a month and I just quit smoking :( ..... It doesn’t really taste burnt I don’t think I can’t describe it. It’s the normal taste with a hint of something different. Might be a bit burnt I can’t tell lol

Well, after you know it's well primed then just keep vaping it (weird taste and all) maybe you didn't completely ruin it and the taste will get better after you vape a tankful through it..

Fingers crossed.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread