Status
Not open for further replies.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I think the 601 takes the same battery as the Screw Driver MKII. Look at the battery, and see if the plastic is torn off of the bottom. If the metal is exposed on the negative side of the battery, and comes in contact with the metal frame of the ecig, it will activate the device. I'm not familiar with your device. Does it turn on when you try to vape, or do you have to hit a button? If it's an auto, you may have gotten some juice where it shouldn't be. Check these two things out and see what happens.

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
I had a DSE601 epipe for a while some time ago and it worked pretty well but i never had it stay on while not dragging on it. If it's like mine it is an automatic activation (comes on when you drag on it) and not a manual (button). I believe that model used an older style "flap" style activation unit and sometimes the flap can get stuck in the on position. Blow some air thru the unit in the reverse direction and maybe tap it a couple of times (gently) into the palm of your hand. It is possible that some juice may have found it's way in there as well so blow everything out into a paper towel as well. Also, try each battery to see if you get the same results but it's most likely a stuck actuator. Don't leave the atty on for too long though or it will pop.
hope it helps.....

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
Read another thread at different forum and seems he had the same issue....

My switch has gotten a little flakey (my own fault too, sonofabxxxx). It's still workable, and I don't leave the battery in when I'm transporting this, so its not the end of the world, but just as a warning, if you juice is too thin, it will FLOOD the bowl. I mean DROPS will fill the battery compartment. Especially if you put the pipe in your pocket. Don't do it man. On the upside, thing still kicks so much ..., even with the slightly fidgety switch. I just have to disengage the battery so it doesn't trigger when i don't want it to, no big deal. Might mod the jewelcap to function as a kill switch, depress the jewel to engage the battery, then if the switch is stuck "on" it doesn't matter, automatic evolved into a manual. Works for me!

:EDIT:

Well, the slightly fidgety switch is now behaving 100% as it should. I guess having let it set out upside down over night, and then giving it a quick cleaning cleared the issue up. I'm happy, and sad, all at once. I was rather hoping to need to modify the cap into a manual.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I've been vaping with the 601 for about 8 months now. I'm probably on my 8th pipe. I've had them last for as long as 6 weeks and as short as 10 days. I thought I'd pay the bucks and get the original E-pipe (the 601 is a knockoff), but that was no better - just more expensive. There are two main problems with the 601. First is the switch. Once it starts to stick, it's downhill from there. I've tried every fix that has been offered here (except to modify it to manual), and it might buy a little time, but not much. The second problem is the atty. They burn out and can't be replaced. I am buying replacement bowls two at a time at about $40 each. Now, that is still cheaper than than smoking was for me - I was smoking 2.5 packs of cigarettes a day before I found vaping.

I won't go back to smoking, and the 601 is what it is, but if someone develops a pipe that has a manual switch and a replaceable atty, they will rule the E-pipe world.

Good luck,

Ed Williams

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
I have a 601, only used twice briefly because I can't get a good strong hit off of it. Anyone else have this problem? I wanted to try the Green pipe but twice as expensive as the 601-didn't want to risk paying that much and still get a weak hit. We need an LR pipe or a 6 volt option, of course a variable volt would be the ultimate.

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
HG sells a replacement head with manual switch for the KR608a mini pipe for 24 bucks. It uses what looks like a 801 atty to me....just fyi. I don't really use the pipes anymore as i was just trying them some time back to see what kind of vapor they put out. Along with the ecigars at the time they were about the only thing that used a replaceable batt. FWIW

http://heaven-gifts.com/product-178.html

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Maybe you should look at the protopype. Its expensive but it uses the mega ego carts.

That Protopype looks like a winner - except for the fact that it looks as big as my head. When the guy shows how to get the batteries out, the bowl looks as big as his palm. I don't think I could get used to that. I wanted to send those guys an email to see if they could turn me a smaller version that uses just one battery instead of two, (I replace my 601 battery at least 3 times a day anyway) but I can't find an email address for "Mistbusters".

One of the things I like about the 601 is the curved stem. It keeps the cart headed down toward the atty at all times. That's a plus in my book. Also, the way it's constructed, you can draw like hell and will NEVER get a mouth full of juice. I really like that. That was always a problem with the electronic cigarettes for me. Getting even a drop of juice on your lips is not fun at all. I think using the straw mod would just leak juice because it's a direct route from the cart down the straw and into your mouth. No thanks. I carry my 601 in my shirt pocket with the stem pointing up when I'm not using it. I don't think that XL size bowl would fit in my pocket.

They've got the right idea. I'm paying about $50 every three weeks or so for replacement 601's, so $200 for the first pipe and then about $18 to get a new atty is OK by me.

Good to see other people developing E-Pipes.

Ed.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
........ I wanted to send those guys an email to see if they could turn me a smaller version that uses just one battery instead of two, (I replace my 601 battery at least 3 times a day anyway) but I can't find an email address for "Mistbusters".
Ed.

Here is a link CONTACT US

Like you I would like a single battery version, and a curved mouthpiece would be nice on the end of the carto too. Be interested in your reply from them, Ed.

:)

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
They will make a single battery version to order, and a curved drip tip is coming from CherryVape just for the ProtoPype. The twin battery version is big, in particular the diameter of the top of the bowl. Heres pics of mine

vw4.jpg

vw1.jpg

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
They will make a single battery version to order, and a curved drip tip is coming from CherryVape just for the ProtoPype. The twin battery version is big, in particular the diameter of the top of the bowl. Heres pics of mine

vw1.jpg

That should come with training wheels. It's huge by comparison. Good to know both bits of info. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread