Help Need Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
I need help figuring something out. I recently started using a salt nic called Black Note, I like it but the problem is I'm going thru pods kinda fast with my current device. I currently use a "voopoo v-thru genie“. I called Black Note and they suggested "Aspire OBY“ because the pods last longer but I'm not able set my watts to 5 & 7 on it. Can anyone help me figure out a solution as far a similar device that I can set the watts to 5 & 7?

Reactions: Izan

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm not well-versed on pod systems but from what I have seen, pod systems in the smaller to medium form factors that have adjustable wattage are not that common. You would have to possibly be willing to use something in the larger form factors to get adjustable wattage on a pod system, that would increase your choices quite a bit. Hopefully someone who knows more about them will be able to recommend something to you in that same-ish size that will be suitable.

I do know that the Smok Nord 4 is roughly the same size as your Vthru (maybe a little larger) and has adjustable wattage (from 5W to 80W). Might want to look into that. Although people tend to hate smoke for their poor quality control overall, lots of people like them and the Nord series of pod systems is quite popular. Whether or not it's coils will get gunked up as fast as your Vthru, I could not tell you as I dont own this device nor do I vape Black Note liquid.

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
    Long Pond, PA
    Moved you to category Vape Pod Systems :)
    Am I supposed to redo this post or is this now visible on the new category? I haven't got any more responses. I've been going crazy since the vape mail ban because I'm not sure who is still able to ship to me. Luckily Black Note can. If they had a pod system with variable wattage like my current device problem solved. But nothing is simple anymore.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Am I supposed to redo this post or is this now visible on the new category?

Visible, just moved to a different forum category. Nothing changes for you.

I haven't got any more responses.

You are asking a really niche question - looking for a pod system that can be set to 5-7 watts and has coils that will last longer than your current pod using Black note. Probably not too many ECF pod users using black note, I assume, if any. You may have to resort to buying a few different systems until you find a better one, unfortunately. A lot of ECFers seem to be old school in that most of us seem to mostly or exclusively still use 510 tank and RDA systems.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    5 watts I like for a lighter cigarette experience and 7 is what I like for a full flavor cigarette experience.
    Welcome back,
    Which coil are you using with each wattage mentioned above? The .7Ω or the 1.2Ω. Both?
    How important is the draw resistance?
    Do you want a draw activated device or a button, or both?

How many ml do you vape per day?
    What is the nicotine content of your juice?

Cheers
    I

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    5 watts I like for a lighter cigarette experience and 7 is what I like for a full flavor cigarette experience.
    The Voopoo pods are rated for use with a higher wattage, so you are most likely not atomising the liquid properly, and residue is fouling the coil.

Try it at 10w for the 1.2 ohm pod / 18w for the 0.7 ohm mesh pod.

Failing that, have a look at what Innokin has to offer. For a cigarette like experience, the EQ-FLTR should be suitable.

Reactions: Innokin_timmy

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Can anyone help me figure out a solution as far a similar device that I can set the watts to 5 & 7?
    If your dead set on 5&7 watts, there is a couple of pod systems with adjustable wattage worth looking at, but i'm skeptical it will resolve your issue.

oxva xlim pod vape kit
    Uwell Caliburn X

Last edited:

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
    Long Pond, PA
    Welcome back,
    Which coil are you using with each wattage mentioned above? The .7Ω or the 1.2Ω. Both?
    How important is the draw resistance?
    Do you want a draw activated device or a button, or both?

How many ml do you vape per day?
    What is the nicotine content of your juice?

Cheers
    I
    I use a 1.2 coil voopoo v-thru with Black Note salt nic. It's a naturally extracted tobacco salt nic. It's only available in 3% & 5% so I use the 3%. If I used a .7 coil I'd cough my lungs out with this type of eliquid. I prefer auto draw. As far as wattages I kinda have it down to a science now. 8watts is the true nicotine hit, so if you vape a nic salt at 8watts that is 3% or 30mg/ml you are absorbing that amount. So I use 5watts for my lighter cigarette which comes out to like 1.8% and I use 7watts for a full flavored cigarette which comes out to 26%. I would say under 1.5ml per day. I used to smoke 15 to 20 cigs a day and they were either 100s or 120s. Much like back then at work I like a stronger cigarette vs when I'm home relaxing chain smoking the light cigarette. Sorry for writing so much.

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
    Long Pond, PA
    The Voopoo pods are rated for use with a higher wattage, so you are most likely not atomising the liquid properly, and residue is fouling the coil.

Try it at 10w for the 1.2 ohm pod / 18w for the 0.7 ohm mesh pod.

Failing that, have a look at what Innokin has to offer. For a cigarette like experience, the EQ-FLTR should be suitable.

I wish Black Note had a Kent flavored salt nic this would probably be the device to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread