The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for pod recommendations

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by OnTheCobb, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. OnTheCobb

OnTheCobb Full Member

Sep 29, 2019
    So I have been vaping for about 5 years now. I keep hearing about these pods. I would like to get one to keep on me so I dont have to carry my box mod. I want one that I can use regular ejuice. I am not really into the whole salt ejuice

I am needing some recommendations for regular ejuice driven pods. Thanks for the help.

2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    What are you using now? Tank/topper/mod?
    Do you DIY your juice or buy retail?
    Do you have a favorite juice flavour or brand?
    At what nicotine level are your juices?
    How many ml do you use each day?
    What is your budget?
    Where are you located?

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Figs

Figs Super Member ECF Veteran

Don’t know if you vape MTL or DL, but I have to recommend the Aspire Breeze NXT. I am MTL and currently have the NXT, Caliburn, Frenzy and Minifit. 90% of the time I use the NXT, and the Minifit for ultra portable use. The others I use a little, mainly to go through the coils I’ve already bought for them.

You will get many suggestions, but the bottom line is we are alll different, and thus have different needs and expectations. You will have to trial and error until you find what works for you.

4. OnTheCobb

OnTheCobb Full Member

Sep 29, 2019
    @Izan
    What are you using now? Tank/topper/mod?
    Falcon resin, 510 and aegis ledgend

Do you DIY your juice or buy retail?
    Retail premium

Do you have a favorite juice flavour or brand?
    Premium juice normally fruit or candy

At what nicotine level are your juices?

How many ml do you use each day?
    10-15

What is your budget?
    Pretty flexible

Where are you located?
    USA

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    If you like a restricted DTL / open MTL, you might like the Podstick from Vaporesso.
    The .6Ω mesh coil pod delivers a very satisfying vape. I use 70% VG DIY @ 6mg/ml.
    You may need to bump your nic up to 6mg/ml, but the unit works just fine with freebase and or salt nic.
    Vaporesso Podstick Pod/Pen Mashup
    PodStick-initial thoughts

HTH
    I

6. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I have a few Smok Nords, inexpensive, about $20 and $10 for a 5 pack of coils. If mtl 1.4 ohm coil, dtl .6 ohm coil.

7. Vicman

Vicman Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Based on how you vape now, I would say the Smok RPM 40 or VooPoo Vinci would be something similar but in pod/all in one form. I have the RPM 40 and it hits like a mod, well, up to 40 watts but still, not bad. It takes either the Nord coils or their new RPM coils. Tank holds a good amount of liquid and the battery is pretty good. So much power from such a small source, they did a good job.

I do not have the Vinci yet but have one on order and it will be here next week. From what I am seeing review wise, is pretty much the same thing as the RPM 40 but with a form of air flow control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I bumped up my nic in pods to 6 strength from 3 in full sized MTL devices.

If you do direct inhale a 9 or 12 may be best to make up for the lack of volume coming from the pod devices, which in general do not put out a large supply of vaper compared to full sized gear.

Some pods with temp control can be ultra smooth so a throat hit sensation may seem lacking. Vaporesso pods for example limit temps so nice and cool it can leave the user baffled at first. "Did I get a hit?" type of thing. Others like Innokin EQ start out at a bit higher watts and with no temp control you get a 'stronger hit' sensation with the same amount of vaper.

I was a Zenith tank user on low watt (9-12 watts) modular setups so the Vaporesso way was easy to adapt to. If you vape at say 20+ a temp controlled pod may seem lacking.

A whole lot of vape shop folks who direct lung giant clouds really find the Sourin Air to their liking. It is good at mimicing a cigarette like draw and makes a great starter kit while you trial and error.

9. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    JustFog Minifit. Tiny, good flavor and you can rebuild the coils -- check YouTube.

10. Northstar6

Northstar6 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2019
    The Caliburn is pretty good. Simple, easy, and works well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2018
    for DL, i would said rpm40 with 0.4 coil, my current setup and rba on the way :)

12. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I agree... good list (I want the Aspire Breeze NXT myself)
    Many "pods" are actually AIO devices, they just look like "pods" If you were on a real tight budget, I'd say Frenzy because they are on sale for $15.

13. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    In your opinion,is the rpm worth $12 more than the Nord?

14. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2019
    Pods?
    Well, i have used several of them, they are pretty interesting units, for salts are amazing, discrete and battery lasts a while, makes decent clouds and so is flavor.
    In personal opinion what i expect from a tiny interesting device like those is leakproofing, i dont want a little device pouring liquid in my pocket, sadly most of the pods i have tried leaks, so far Frenzy and Tesla's Tpod are the unique ones havent leaked at all, but the Frenzy is the only one has suited my needs point by point, amazing results with this babe! flavor, clouds, battery endurance and also feel on hands, is just perfect! lets talk about coil life? well, is long enough, and flavorful....

this pod is also capable of using low ohm coils for freebase liquid, but also capable of running high ohm coils, perfectly for salts

Regards,

15. Vicman

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I know this wasn't directed at me but yeah, I think it's worth the extra money. It's adjustable and the flavor is pretty outstanding with the mesh coils. It's like a mod in small all in one form. Smok stepped up their game with this one. One con would be I get condensation and have to wipe the pod and connections down every once in a while. It's not bad leakage/condensation but still have to do that every once in a while.

That said, the Vinci from Voopoo is even better with flavor and I have not had any condensation or leakage. Only had it (Vinci) since Monday but am impressed as all heck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    yes ......
    for below reason :
    40 watt adjustable, nice and beautiful screen, when i feel my nord coil is going to died (dry hit), i just drop few watt so it can last me another hour/day till i reach home :) for coil change.
    1500 mah battery
    RBA - my still waiting for delivery(they having 7 day long holiday).

17. SonnyCooL

Jan 12, 2018
    wanted to try vinci but it doesnt come with RBA, i don't want too have too many different coil. btw smok Fetch is coming very soon, but prices will be slightly increase.

18. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
  19. Vicman

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I don't mind the coils, will only matter if they quit making them. If it ends up where everything is illegal and to get, will have to start building again. I just hate building coils, never were the prettiest but they would get the job done if needed. But would give me a reason to bust out one of my many mods which are collecting dust.

I ordered a Fetch from Vaporl, have no idea if or when it will get here. I never ordered from them but used PayPal so if there is a problem, not to worried.

20. OnTheCobb

OnTheCobb Full Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Folks just wanted to say thank you for all the recommendations. I went ahead and bought the RPM 40 from Smok. I have to say I was shocked how powerful this thing really was.

Thank you all for the great recommendations. I look forward to talking to you all again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.