ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
Authentic OBS Engine NANO RTA Silver 5.3ml 25mm Rebuildable Atomizer

Newest one out. Has single coil for building and side airflow

:)

OMG, I just got the griffin 25.

I was getting some pretty bad leaking. I think I am doing things out of order. Like open the air flow then the juice flow? I wasted about an entire tank because it wasn't all the way threaded together. This is definitely for the high wattage vapors, I see how someone could kick this thing at like 80 watts and blow stupid clouds.

Here is my first attempt at a build

39F8gVK9oZuS.jpg

I kind of tucked the cotton tails in so they were covering the holes but not down in them

39FDERACjor4.jpg

Great tank for temp control, very stable in the atomizer analyzer. Gold/silver plated 510 pins seem to help.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
dc801ab3ed1d30d9e533ef615347ac77.jpg
This is my RTA-2 with a dual clapton build...notice how coils are centered over the airhole?
8c5035c46fc540e78d8f23feb0ee7db7.jpg
And rhis is dual clapton build in my 22mm Griffin..Notice coils are centered over the airholes and cotton tails going about halfway down into the juice channels..I vaped 150ml of juice with this build and took this pic before replacing cotton wicks for a flavor change..Build was still hitting great, with no dry hits, no leaks and no flooding..just a thick flavorful vape..Posting all this to show the Griff to be an excellent RTA if its built right ... but it is tricky to get it right, least it was for me...Good Luck!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Authentic OBS Engine NANO RTA Silver 5.3ml 25mm Rebuildable Atomizer

Newest one out. Has single coil for building and side airflow

OMG, I just got the griffin 25.

I was getting some pretty bad leaking. I think I am doing things out of order. Like open the air flow then the juice flow? I wasted about an entire tank because it wasn't all the way threaded together. This is definitely for the high wattage vapors, I see how someone could kick this thing at like 80 watts and blow stupid clouds.

Here is my first attempt at a build

39F8gVK9oZuS.jpg

I kind of tucked the cotton tails in so they were covering the holes but not down in them

39FDERACjor4.jpg

Great tank for temp control, very stable in the atomizer analyzer. Gold/silver plated 510 pins seem to help.
I don't think the tank in the link I posted has even reached the US yet. But it something I thought you may like.
Not bad for a first build. I would have put more cotton but this is how you learn. What ohms are you getting?

Reactions: Dieseler

BrokenLung

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
The cotton on the right was actually replaced. It was too whispy. Im going to build coils and wick them like I have for years unless I learn something new?

It is a little hard to get a perfectly centered coil when working with NI 200. You start moving it too much and pop, you start over. I thought they were decently centered.

Smackysy- it looks like you have a different set up there? Is that like a V1? Honestly I prefer those kind of air openings versus the 'kennedy' style.

Sugar and spice I appreciate it, ill definitely give it a look. I just don't see tanks like these griffins not blowing crazy clouds. Right now im using 50/50 juice, im scared of a good coil like a clapton or something and 100%VG (ill be one of them... ;) . I am getting 0.03 ohms using my semi-twist Ni-200 wire and im using it in temp control mode.I tried to make a clapton and failed so until I set up some kinda rig or something no claptons for me :(. Well, a friend is sending me one but im not sure its capable of TC.

Anyone look at the aromamizer plus? But I really want a not cloud tank...

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
The cotton on the right was actually replaced. It was too whispy. Im going to build coils and wick them like I have for years unless I learn something new?

It is a little hard to get a perfectly centered coil when working with NI 200. You start moving it too much and pop, you start over. I thought they were decently centered.

Smackysy- it looks like you have a different set up there? Is that like a V1? Honestly I prefer those kind of air openings versus the 'kennedy' style.

Sugar and spice I appreciate it, ill definitely give it a look. I just don't see tanks like these griffins not blowing crazy clouds. Right now im using 50/50 juice, im scared of a good coil like a clapton or something and 100%VG (ill be one of them... ;) . I am getting 0.03 ohms using my semi-twist Ni-200 wire and im using it in temp control mode.I tried to make a clapton and failed so until I set up some kinda rig or something no claptons for me :(. Well, a friend is sending me one but im not sure its capable of TC.

Anyone look at the aromamizer plus? But I really want a not cloud tank...
Yeah, the cotton build was in my V1 Griffin..the bare clapton build above is in my RTA-2..
Personally I don't use TC with any of my builds.. keeping it simple and easy with power (watts) keeps me vaping instead of building, lol
BTW, I use clapton wire, (24x32) Kanthel, 7 wraps or so on a 3mm bit for about 0.21 ohms for dual coils..
It's a really simple build that is easy to install in any velocity style deck..and performance is very good with no dry hits or leaks.. just my extra 2¢, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrokenLung

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
I absolutely can't deal with things that are hard to build on. I have arthritis and frustration lol.

With the 25+ once I fill the tank (air closed, juice feed closed) I put the top cap back on it and then open the air flow then the juice? Or should I open the air flow before putting the top cap back on it? I am doing something leaking juice everywhere. So what is the proper order of things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread