Best RTA, RDA, RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As you stated, this will be a matter of opinion.

I have yet to find/use a RTA that I like for a variety of reasons. I used to use a Kayfun Lite Plus RTA exclusively for a couple of years, but my vaping preferences have changed from a mouth-to-lung to a direct-lung style. The Kayfun is too restrictive of a draw for me now.

I use a Velocity clone RDA from Velocity which I really like. I like the roominess of the build deck, the option to use a single/dual/quad coil setup, the huge options of air control, the large holes in the posts, and the extra deep juice well.

I also use an authentic Patriot RDA. It has an adequate juice well. The post holes are kinda small. I had to drill the air holes out to 2 mm to get the air draw that I like.

Since you don't yet have an RBA, I might suggest that you read my blog:

Information Resources for Your First RBA
  • An essential read and referrance guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

Last edited:

Flaper

Jul 8, 2016
@Izan
Now I'm using OBS Crius Plus, Avocado 24. I can't be precise with my budget, but I want to know about something really nice, what I can buy with free shipping to Poland best (that's my location, btw.)
I vape directly to lungs, but it would be also great if you recommended me something for a mouth to lung vaping. I use 3mg/ml nicotine liquids.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hello Guys,
I am wondering what is the best RTA, RDA and RDTA in your opinion. Maybe I'd like to buy something, because by the end of July there's gonna be a huge problem with e-cigs in my country. :/
Thank you in advance!
Are you a cloud chaser or flavor chaser?
How do you like the airflow MTL or DL
Will you be able to get Juice where you are going.

I'm a flavor chaser and Direct Lung vaper.

My favorite RTAs are

Silverplay Nano
Goblin Mini

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Boy, with the number of options out there and many differing opinions and vaping styles it is impossible to arrive at which is "best". I guess the question is: which is your favorite RTA, RDA and RDTA?

Currently, for me (and always subject to change VERY quickly):

RDA for dripping - Avid Vaper Velocity
RDA for squonking - Element Mods Stumpy or Origen Little
Tank with replaceable coils - Tobeco Supertank Mini
RDTA - Geekvape Avocado and iJoy/Limitless (though I still use the original Kanger Subtank Mini with OCC coils and the RBA)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I understand, but if you ask 100 people, you may get 100 different answers. That really doesn't help anyone make an informed decision. :)

I am fortunate that I am able to try a lot of different things to arrive at my own conclusion, but have spent a ton of money and sold a LOT of stuff that didn't work for me. For someone on a severe budget - it's not so easy.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
@Izan
Now I'm using OBS Crius Plus, Avocado 24. I can't be precise with my budget, but I want to know about something really nice, what I can buy with free shipping to Poland best (that's my location, btw.)
I vape directly to lungs, but it would be also great if you recommended me something for a mouth to lung vaping. I use 3mg/ml nicotine liquids.

You're using two very excellent choices.

Lots of people keep chasing the dragon and never happy with what they have.

I've tried many tanks and various RDA, and I find that it really comes down to a few things that different, but in the end, it's all the same.

It's all about three things really, airflow, coil position and shape, and wicking.

There is no magical thing that can change "the game"...

For me, for tanks, I like good airflow, the ability to do vertical coils, and top fill that doesn't require taking parts off. For RDA, I took a liking to glass bell types, it's just a much smoother airflow than every metal ones I've tried.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
Rda. Velocity v1 or v2. RTA. Steamcrave supreme but the griffin 25 is very close. Sub ohm tank. Tvf8. MTL tank. Has to be kayfun v5. Must mention that the clieto, rdta v2, avocado 24 remain brilliant. Personally I can leave go of the tvf8 for the last week. Juice drain might be high but get a huge kick when I vape the T8 coil at 70w...chest can't take any higher unless I am outdoors. Wish the coil rating was a bit higher. Never happy with super 0.15-17 ohms. Think 0.2 would of been ideal and 0.35 the sweet point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

f0e0fg0d

Moved On
Jul 22, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple accounts are not permitted on ECF.

bigrobbie

Reviewer / Blogger
Feb 13, 2016
Alabama
Hello Guys,
I am wondering what is the best RTA, RDA and RDTA in your opinion. Maybe I'd like to buy something, because by the end of July there's gonna be a huge problem with e-cigs in my country. :/
Thank you in advance!
I'm slow on this reply but I wanted to chime in nonetheless -

RTA - Sense Herakles RTA
RDA- Mutation X 234 / Fishbone Plus

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Infinite question really. Waaaaaay too many preference factors. My 2 cents is that I found what I like across the board for now - Theorem and Reuleaux 75W as a single coil, set-and-forget kinda deal. And Crius V3 on any supporting mod does it for me as a dual coil tank. Not a fan of drippers, but Derringer does it for me with single coil setup as a sampler kinda deal.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread