The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best RTA, RDA, RDTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by Flaper, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Flaper

Flaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Hello Guys,
    I am wondering what is the best RTA, RDA and RDTA in your opinion. Maybe I'd like to buy something, because by the end of July there's gonna be a huge problem with e-cigs in my country. :/
    Thank you in advance!

2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    I right partial to any RTA from Imeo /Golden Greek.
    RDA = Manta2, Bottom fed on a REO/Creo

Do you have a budget?
    What are you using now?
    How do you vape?
    What level of nicotine do you use?
    Where are you located?

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    As you stated, this will be a matter of opinion.

I have yet to find/use a RTA that I like for a variety of reasons. I used to use a Kayfun Lite Plus RTA exclusively for a couple of years, but my vaping preferences have changed from a mouth-to-lung to a direct-lung style. The Kayfun is too restrictive of a draw for me now.

[​IMG]

I use a Velocity clone RDA from Velocity which I really like. I like the roominess of the build deck, the option to use a single/dual/quad coil setup, the huge options of air control, the large holes in the posts, and the extra deep juice well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also use an authentic Patriot RDA. It has an adequate juice well. The post holes are kinda small. I had to drill the air holes out to 2 mm to get the air draw that I like.
    [​IMG]

Since you don't yet have an RBA, I might suggest that you read my blog:

Information Resources for Your First RBA
    • An essential read and referrance guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    After trying 9 or 10 different ones I use the SV rda clone from FT. That's the only atomizer I use. With a tall slip ring it won't leak in my pocket and it's very good at flavor so I can use a very low percent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flaper

Flaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2016
    @Izan
    Now I'm using OBS Crius Plus, Avocado 24. I can't be precise with my budget, but I want to know about something really nice, what I can buy with free shipping to Poland best (that's my location, btw.)
    I vape directly to lungs, but it would be also great if you recommended me something for a mouth to lung vaping. I use 3mg/ml nicotine liquids.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Two_Bears

Two_Bears Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Are you a cloud chaser or flavor chaser?
    How do you like the airflow MTL or DL
    Will you be able to get Juice where you are going.

I'm a flavor chaser and Direct Lung vaper.

My favorite RTAs are

Silverplay Nano
    Goblin Mini

• Like Like x 2
  7. Flaper

Flaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I'd like to have a flavor chasing RTA and a cloud chasing RDA :)
    Thanks for those two RTAs!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Two_Bears

Two_Bears Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I would recommend either RTA i mentioned earlier, and for tge cloud chaser Velocity Mini RDA.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Boy, with the number of options out there and many differing opinions and vaping styles it is impossible to arrive at which is "best". I guess the question is: which is your favorite RTA, RDA and RDTA?

Currently, for me (and always subject to change VERY quickly):

RDA for dripping - Avid Vaper Velocity
    RDA for squonking - Element Mods Stumpy or Origen Little
    Tank with replaceable coils - Tobeco Supertank Mini
    RDTA - Geekvape Avocado and iJoy/Limitless (though I still use the original Kanger Subtank Mini with OCC coils and the RBA)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Flaper

Flaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I think that "the best in your opinion" and "your favorite" usually means the same. :D
    Thank you for your top list!

• Like Like x 3
  11. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    I understand, but if you ask 100 people, you may get 100 different answers. That really doesn't help anyone make an informed decision. :)

I am fortunate that I am able to try a lot of different things to arrive at my own conclusion, but have spent a ton of money and sold a LOT of stuff that didn't work for me. For someone on a severe budget - it's not so easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Flaper

Flaper Full Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Yeah, I know that :D
    I just want to look at something new, which I might haven't seen yet. :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Imfallen_Angel

Imfallen_Angel Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    You're using two very excellent choices.

Lots of people keep chasing the dragon and never happy with what they have.

I've tried many tanks and various RDA, and I find that it really comes down to a few things that different, but in the end, it's all the same.

It's all about three things really, airflow, coil position and shape, and wicking.

There is no magical thing that can change "the game"...

For me, for tanks, I like good airflow, the ability to do vertical coils, and top fill that doesn't require taking parts off. For RDA, I took a liking to glass bell types, it's just a much smoother airflow than every metal ones I've tried.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bhoot

Bhoot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    Rda. Velocity v1 or v2. RTA. Steamcrave supreme but the griffin 25 is very close. Sub ohm tank. Tvf8. MTL tank. Has to be kayfun v5. Must mention that the clieto, rdta v2, avocado 24 remain brilliant. Personally I can leave go of the tvf8 for the last week. Juice drain might be high but get a huge kick when I vape the T8 coil at 70w...chest can't take any higher unless I am outdoors. Wish the coil rating was a bit higher. Never happy with super 0.15-17 ohms. Think 0.2 would of been ideal and 0.35 the sweet point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Taowulf

Taowulf Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2014
    Bend OR
    I really think there is no right answer to this question. Some want flavor, some want clouds, others was ease of use.

There are too many subjective variables. You might be able to identify what makes a atty good, but never "the best".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. APathos

APathos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2016
    CA USA
    As everyone has mentioned, it depends on what your build/tastes are. You already use one of my go-tos, which are:
    Goon RDA
    GeekVape Avocado 24 RDTA
    Eleaf Lemo 2 RTA
    Built for mostly tc single coil ss 316l 28g 3mm id 7 wraps (~0.8 ohms) or ni200 28g 3mm id 10 wraps (~0.15 ohms).

• Like Like x 1
  17. f0e0fg0d
    This message by f0e0fg0d has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 22, 2016, Reason: Multiple accounts are not permitted on ECF..
    Jul 22, 2016
  18. bigrobbie

bigrobbie Reviewer / Blogger

Feb 13, 2016
    Alabama
    I'm slow on this reply but I wanted to chime in nonetheless -

RTA - Sense Herakles RTA
    RDA- Mutation X 234 / Fishbone Plus

19. comeonhitme

comeonhitme Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    tampa bay
    have been using the kanger subtank mini for a long time. im sure many others have as well. its hard to go wrong. doesnt leak, easy rebuildable.
    for RDA i would recommend a velocity style deck like the tsunami or velocity

20. PisangLaut

PisangLaut Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Indonesia
    RDA : Stumpy
    RTA : Kayfun Series
    I don't really understand the term of RDTA though, but if you meant about those atomizer designed-with-tank, which I know as "Genesis", it's Sat22 for me

21. SkvLTD

SkvLTD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2013
    MD
    Infinite question really. Waaaaaay too many preference factors. My 2 cents is that I found what I like across the board for now - Theorem and Reuleaux 75W as a single coil, set-and-forget kinda deal. And Crius V3 on any supporting mod does it for me as a dual coil tank. Not a fan of drippers, but Derringer does it for me with single coil setup as a sampler kinda deal.

• Agree Agree x 1