Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I sure appreciate the helpful advice in these threads.

I'd like to mix a caramel-tobacco blend. This will be my first try with tobacco flavors. Help is needed. Boy howdy, these these flavors smell strong. :blink: I'm storing them in a glass bowl with a lid. We're having fun with fruits and dessert flavors by follwing recipes on ECF and juice Me Up. I don't know quite where to start with tobaccos.

The base is mixed at 70/30 18mg. Here's what I've got to play with in tobaccos:

Flavour Art: Tobacco Cowboy
Flavour Art: Latakia
Flavour Art: Perique Black
Flavour Art: RY4
The Flavor Apprentice: Tobacco Blend (PG)

Capella's: Caramel

I have vanillas and other flavors, mask, wizard if it needs other ingredients.

Thanks much :p

Last edited by a moderator:

brittanyNI

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2011
New England
Posting here is fine -- its about DIY!

Okay -- keeping in mind that my advice reflects my personal tastes so your mileage may vary ...

> As a general rule, I like tobaccos to not be too strong, but I also like to blend them with a predominant tobacco and a more subdued one. So I will mix two tobaccos, with one being twice as heavy as the other, and their combined strength not exceeding 3%-5%.

For example, I would use Perique Black 2% and Latakia 1%.

> As mentioned, tobacco flavors seem very strong to me. By comparison, others are weak. So anything else I would add, would be at twice or nearly so of the the concentration of the tobacco. So I would add the caramel at 6%.

So my end mix for that would be:

Perique Black 2%
Latakia 1%
Caramel 6%

If you wanted to add some warmth or complexity, I would add a whiskey or rum flavor in very low (0.5%) concentration.

Tobacco flavors take longer than most to meld. I'd allow a couple of days before trying.

Hopefully this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread