HELP!!!!!!!!! Nicotine base turned pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've vaped pink nic before without any issues.

Heck, I've got one tobacco recipe that turns the whole thing pink as soon as it is mixed. (Then turns tan when it is fully diffused.)

If you just got the nic I doubt it has gone bad yet. Not like you are leaving open bottles in a baking car for the last few days, which would be another story.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Some fellow vapers and i did a group buy here at ecf but it came form bluemistvaping. And it went pink on its own

Shoot bluemist an e-mail and see what they say. I would also ask the members from the group if they have had any color changes in theirs.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Responding to this thread as it pertains directly to my product and I've not heard from the poster yet...

*Pure* Nicotine starts as a very pale yellow- almost clear. With time, it will age into a darker and darker yellow, to even a bit orange. Keeping it in the dark, away from oxygen, and cool will slow this process.

Even at 100mg (10%) levels, nic will oxidize a bit, but the presence of other chemicals, like PG or VG, will change how quickly and sometimes even the color. In my personal experience, it generally slows it down from what I observe in pure nic.

I could name several other vendors who sell nic that turns pink (or yellow, or tan...), and even a couple who ship it that way. I'm sure they would agree, a much better indicator of the quality is the smell and taste, rather than the color.

In my opinion, both as a vendor and as a vaper, I'd say that liquid is just fine and would have no qualms using it. If you try it and decide it's not up to snuff, then talk to me and I'll try to help you.

I'm always reachable via email: rob@bluemistvaping.com

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Nic oxides will always form, and are strongly colored compounds. Even in trace amounts they will color a juice, and at room temp if the bottle has been opened, they cannot be avoided. The different colors come about because of the environment, which can make for a yellow to orange most often, or even a pink rose color. It does NOT mean the juice is "bad", since the oxides that form are not at all harmful, and they will color a juice even if 0.1% of the nic oxidizes. My unflavored VG nic juices will go yellow after a time at room temp. My vanilla DIY juices will often go rose colored after some time. They are still good juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread