help picking a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

huffy

Oct 22, 2013
ocala
whats up guys. i started out with the logic recharchable, then discovered i can refil those cartomizers once they're empty. then i moved on to a generic ego starter kit. ce4 clearo i think, then i got a t3s, then a 1100 vv battery. either kanger or smoktech. i dont remember the brand and its irrelevant now lol. now im looking for a bigger battery, and possibly getting into higher voltage clearomizers. idk much about what clearomizers and stuff will work with higher voltage yet. i kindof understand ohms and voltage, but not quite enough to figure it out on my own.

ANYWAY! i was looking at either the itaste mvp 2.0, or the smoktech SID. i found a 4000mah battery here:http://www.tmart.com/1Pcs-UltraFire...aign=product&gclid=CJr768D1qroCFdJj7AodgVsAcg
if i were to get that battery, what charger would i need? any 18650 charger would work?

as for a new tank (id get a new tank when i get the mod. the t3s is getting old lol) i was thinking iclear 30, protank, or i think the vivi nova. suggestions or just general info would be great. oh yeah, im constantly vaping. pretty much all day every day except for when im at work or in class.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I think the MVP 2 would fit your needs..... especially since the battery life is phenomenal.... 2600mah.... I can get 3 days out of it before recharging... and it comes with either an iClear 30 or 2 iClear 16's depending on where you order from.... Order from Mt Baker and use the promo code 10percentoff and get the unit for $54.00 shipped. The one they sell comes with the iClear 30 I believe. ProTank 2 works awesome on it as well as the Smok Vivi Nova. Hope this helps!!!

huffy

Oct 22, 2013
ocala
thats what i started thinking about getting that more after i thought about the SID and mvp2, since my needs are pretty basic. mt baker is where i'd get it from. like 45 bucks is a deal on that compared to the vape kiosk in my mall. 80 BUCKS at the kiosk lol. is the iclear30 good? obviously it works, but i saw a few mixed reviews when i did my initial research on it, but after that read pretty solid reviews
edit: not 45 on mbv. saw it for 45 somewhere else though lol. but phil bozeman from whitechapel is endorsed by them so might as well get it there lol.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I have a Smoktech SID, it works amazing. One thing though, don't get THOSE BATTERIES. They are very sub-par and not suitable for high drain devices. Get some Panasonic CGR18650CHs instead.

The SID is quite nice. What you will get with the SID: up to 15 watts or 6volts. Good protection circuitry. Nice durable body. Very clicky button. High performing for minimal cost.

It will however, cost more than a MVP v2.0. The MVP goes up to 11 Watts and 5volts. Really this shouldn't be an issue. I've never gone above 11 watts on my SID for more than testing. You will likely get higher mah capacity in the MVP as well. I'm actually considering the MVP or iTaste VV myself.

Hope that helps :vapor:

is the iclear30 good? obviously it works, but i saw a few mixed reviews when i did my initial research on it, but after that read pretty solid reviews

I've heard they're pretty dang good, haven't tried myself though. They are top-coil so you will get a warmer vape, usually accompanied by great flavor. I have heard you can't necessarily chain-vape on them as much because of wicking, but simple fix is to tilt and let the juice saturate and continue vaping. Check out this review: iCLEAR 30 TANK WIN - YouTube

Last edited:

rangie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
if you go with something like a intellicharger i2 or i4 I use the i4 and its great ive just got a SMOK SID from cloud9 they got a great deal on you get to extra tubes with it and only cloud9 do this offer I was going to spend on a provari but im so glad I found this as its a third of the price and does more to and you get more

Smoktech S.I.D. VV/VW Mod - Silver - Cloud 9 Vaping

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
if you go with something like a intellicharger i2 or i4 I use the i4 and its great

I also use the Nitecore Intellicharger i2. Fantastic charger. Two things I was certain I did not want to skimp on: batteries and battery charger. Pretty much a good rule of thumb to follow for any device you plan to use. If your mod has a non-replaceable battery, use the charger the manufacturer specifies and/or supplies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
whats up guys. i started out with the logic recharchable, then discovered i can refil those cartomizers once they're empty. then i moved on to a generic ego starter kit. ce4 clearo i think, then i got a t3s, then a 1100 vv battery. either kanger or smoktech. i dont remember the brand and its irrelevant now lol. now im looking for a bigger battery, and possibly getting into higher voltage clearomizers. idk much about what clearomizers and stuff will work with higher voltage yet. i kindof understand ohms and voltage, but not quite enough to figure it out on my own.

ANYWAY! i was looking at either the itaste mvp 2.0, or the smoktech SID. i found a 4000mah battery here:http://www.tmart.com/1Pcs-UltraFire...aign=product&gclid=CJr768D1qroCFdJj7AodgVsAcg
if i were to get that battery, what charger would i need? any 18650 charger would work?

as for a new tank (id get a new tank when i get the mod. the t3s is getting old lol) i was thinking iclear 30, protank, or i think the vivi nova. suggestions or just general info would be great. oh yeah, im constantly vaping. pretty much all day every day except for when im at work or in class.

For anyone else thinking about buying these batts they test out @ 2600 mah and NOT 4000 mah- they're purposely mislabeled. Second they're protected which don't work well in Mods. Best to only buy quality batts and chargers from reputable Vendors.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
thanks for the help guys! i think ive decided on the itaste mvp2. and when that one goes out on me (or ive just had it for so long and i want something new) ill get a replaceable battery mod

Good choice. I'm hitting this thread late, but that was going to be my recommendation. I have a MVP1 and love it. (And I own 2 Provari's, too) It is very comfortable to use, the battery lasts me 2 - 3 days on a charge, and I can use it while its charging. I use iClear 30 and Kanger Protanks on mine. No other tips, the MVP is easy to learn and use.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP V2.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For anyone else thinking about buying these batts they test out @ 2600 mah and NOT 4000 mah- they're purposely mislabeled. Second they're protected which don't work well in Mods. Best to only buy quality batts and chargers from reputable Vendors.
:thumb: I agree with this. Ultrafire, Trustfire, & Surefire are all some of the worst batteries you could buy. They overstate their mAh rating to encourage sales; bench tested they fair far worse. I had a Trustfire protected battery explode on me in a mechanical mod over a year ago.

Trustfire2.jpg

Regulated mods (those that use VV/VW) required "high drain" batteries, which a protected battery is not. They are also called safe chemistry and "unprotected" batteries and belong to a class of batteries called IMR's. Protected batteries do not have the high drain output that IMR batteries have.

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

huffy

Oct 22, 2013
ocala
Good choice. I'm hitting this thread late, but that was going to be my recommendation. I have a MVP1 and love it. (And I own 2 Provari's, too) It is very comfortable to use, the battery lasts me 2 - 3 days on a charge, and I can use it while its charging. I use iClear 30 and Kanger Protanks on mine. No other tips, the MVP is easy to learn and use.

View attachment 264672 View attachment 264673

hitting the thread late? i started it only like 2 hours ago lol. the other forum i used to go (not e cig) wouldnt get this many posts so quick lol. ive been lurking here for a few months. im glad i finally signed up. you people are good people.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
hitting the thread late? i started it only like 2 hours ago lol. the other forum i used to go (not e cig) wouldnt get this many posts so quick lol. ive been lurking here for a few months. im glad i finally signed up. you people are good people.

A lil' secret...lottsa us have no life :facepalm:

outcold

Aug 3, 2013
plovdiv
I guess I'll just post it here - if you go with Intellicharger buy it from a good seller. I got mine from a chinese site with which I would not even begin to bother asking for support and two months into light usage the right bay is not charging anymore. On another thought the Intellichargers appear to have gone down in quality based on the multiple problem reports I've stumbled upon. Maybe a Pila or Xtar is a better way to go.
Just food for thought/research.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Here's another :thumbs: for the MVP v2!!!
For about $50 it's got a LOT going for it......vv/vw, ohm reader, BIG battery (2600mAh), built like a tank.....
Did I mention...BIG BATTERY???:D I'm on my FIFTH DAY....and it's still "in the green"!!!:)
Depending on the vendor....the MVP v2 comes with an iClear 30 or TWO iClear 16's....
My iClear 30 is still in the box -- I use PT2's and PT2 Mini's...along with an IGO-L....
Good luck with whatever you choose!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread