Help, please. Getting discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Hello all. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. Been vaping for one month, and haven't smoked a cigarette in all that time. I am however becoming very frustrated with the equipment. I've read more stuff , watched more videos, and been online for literally hundreds of hours learning what I can.

Here's my story. Knowing nothing about vaping, I first bought a VaporFi Pro kit. Basically this is an Ego device, with a plastic clearomizer. (I think it's a Kanger Evod with their own branding, but I can't be sure who actually makes it. I got the 650mah battery. This unit actually performs very well....but I wanted a little more battery time, and a back-up so that I wouldn't be without .

For a backup / second battery, I bought two X6 VV batteries. It's 1300mah and I love the battery time. I don't know the mfg name. It's the ego-style. I like the feel in hand, and variable voltage with button pressing. I like this unit, but it doesn't "hook up" well with some tanks.

Here we go. I wanted to start vaping some tank cracker liquids. I LOVE cinnamon...but it did not like the tanks I had. Bought a Protank II (genuine, I am pretty sure) from Mt. Baker Vapor. It works about 65% of the time for me pretty well. But gurgles, floods out a lot. Seems prone to gurgling on thinner liquids. It sits flush on top of the X6 battery. Wondering if sometimes it's not getting a good connection with the battery top. I keep the battery top wiped off, but still flooding.

I also just bought a clone Protank III. I am about ready to toss this one out the window. Floods 90% of the time. Seems like the coil pin doesn't come through the base far enough...if that makes sense. I had a really hard time at first getting it to make connection on the X6 battery.

I do not want to get into mods, or RTA's or dripping. I just want RELIABLE equipment I can count on to work. I want to be able to vape any type of liquid and have decent flavor. Recommendations? I am willing to spend up to $100 for a reliable setup. I've already spent $100 on equipment.

I dunno if the X6 is my problem or what. The deep well on it seems to be an issue hooking up with tanks....but I really liked how sturdy it felt, and ergonomics on it were nice. Charge time is excellent. Do I need to start over completely?

It seems that all this equipment is finicky, unreliable etc. The Ego stuff seemed the most reliable but once you get into non plastic tanks like the Kanger , that's where my trouble began. But I don't like the plastic tanks taste or limitations on flavors.

Sorry so long for a first post.

VannyPak

Sep 2, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Personally, I don't like the Protanks at all. I had the same problem with leaking and I would get it fixed and it would start again. Finally I just bought the Aspire Nautilus and haven't had any problems.

Tank-wise if you want to stick to them I would recommend the Nautilus mini or Beyond Vapes Silo Mini.

Another good choice would be a carto-tank from Ikenvapes.

Oh and welcome to ECF!

dragonflie

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
I'm rather new at this as well and have a lot to learn. But I will say this, it was recommended to me to grab an aspire nautilus mini tank and I absolutely love it, and I've seen it come highly recommended. I also started with vaporfi, and want nothing to do with them anymore... In your fact I ended up taking advantage of their 30 day guarantee and returned my equipment. I'm sure others here can give you more detailed advice, but in the meantime wanted to plug the nauti because for me, it was just the right tank.

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

athousandyears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Texas
I always had problems with Kanger Protanks gurgling, leaking, burning, etc. I ended up switching to cartomizer tanks from IBTanked which IMO are virtually fuss free. If you don't want to go that route, I have heard really good things about the Aspire Nautilus and Nautilus Mini. It will have a similar set up to the Kangers that you are familiar with and it is glass.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Welcome to the ECF Vaping community.

I started with the Blu cigs and quickly moved onto the eGo platform, which did not last very long. During my short eGo experience I thankfully found these ECF boards.

If not for member Baditude and his advice, I most likely would be sucking on the nails, today, or worst.
I immediately move to a quality regulated device and cartotanks, which kept me from the nails. Shortly after that, I started to rebuild with tanks and dripping atties.

Having said all of the above, if liken to myself, you may need to move ahead of the vaping game, as compared to where you are currently at, if you are not having a great vaping experience.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Thanks for the feedback so far. I will keep my Vaporfi pro, as it's been the least problematic of all the equipment thus far. I just can't vape all my liquids in that tank.

I had given some thought to the Nautilus. First, I'd like to find out if I can eliminate or solve the flooding/gurgling on my Protanks or if it is simply how they are.

Anyone get flooding issues on the Nautilus? Or, is that really rare?

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Welcome to the ECF Vaping community.

I started with the Blu cigs and quickly moved onto the eGo platform, which did not last very long. During my short eGo experience I thankfully found these ECF boards.

If not for member Baditude and his advice, I most likely would be sucking on the nails, today, or worst.
I immediately move to a quality regulated device and cartotanks, which kept me from the nails. Shortly after that, I started to rebuild with tanks and dripping atties.

Having said all of the above, if liken to myself, you may need to move ahead of the vaping game, as compared to where you are currently at, if you are not having a great vaping experience.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "move ahead of the vaping game?" Should I be getting into rebuildables and dripping. I get confused by RTA and RDA. I think I'd want a tank that feeds liquid, so I can use the thing at work and be a bit hands free.

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
Welcome to the forum. I use Kanger PT2 and am pretty impressed with them, although I do use them with air control bases that stop seepage onto the battery connector. Sometimes I get a little gurgling, but I've not tried a clearo that didn't produce gurgling occasionally, including the lauded Nautilus Mini. Persevere, find what's best for you and stick with it.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Eratikmind,

Please give me your experience on the top two setups that are "quality regulated device and cartotanks". I'd like to limit to top two, as there are just too many devices to weed through. I don't want a PhD in this stuff, but would like to know what separates the junk from quality. Price doesn't seem to separate the two, and is an unreliable way of determining quality. Thanks.

dragonflie

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
I had constant flooding issues with the platinum pro through vaporfi, which is why I returned them. I've had the nauti a week and haven't had a single issue. Also, I find the output and flavor rocks. We have a mini nauti and 5ml nauti in this household and both work stellar. It's also been a week for me vaping a rather dark liquid and my coil still works fine.

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Not that crazy about the protanks myself. But here's something you can try.

It's possible that the tank is leaking at the top of the coil head. So open the tank up. See that plastic donut on the top of the coil? Take a second one (from a replacement coil) and put it on upside down (so you have 2 donuts, back-to-back). This can help if the problem is that the down-tube is just a bit too short; it seals the down-tube against the top stem of the coil.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
OK. Nautilus tank is on the list as potential candidates, for sure. I was on the fence about it or the ProTank 2 originally, and just went with the name that came up more frequently. I still have decent success with the Protank 2 on most liquids, but it floods with the cinammon stuff that I use...which is 50 / 50 PG /VG.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
OK. Nautilus tank is on the list as potential candidates, for sure. I was on the fence about it or the ProTank 2 originally, and just went with the name that came up more frequently. I still have decent success with the Protank 2 on most liquids, but it floods with the cinammon stuff that I use...which is 50 / 50 PG /VG.

With the nautilus, get the BVC coils, not the BDC's.
Also, you can try adding a little extra VG to your cinnamon liquid to thicken it up a bit.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "move ahead of the vaping game?" Should I be getting into rebuildables and dripping. I get confused by RTA and RDA. I think I'd want a tank that feeds liquid, so I can use the thing at work and be a bit hands free.

I'm sorry.

For me, the clearomizer platform was not satisfying enough. Had the very first Protank when they became available. The say was still lacking. It wasn't until I moved to cartotanks, that I was able to enjoy vaping and could settle in and research other options at a leisurely pace.

What I meant is that, you may wish to look into more advanced delivery systems, which will afford you a much better vaping experience and keep your interest.

Sorry, if I'm all thumbs with my typing, as I am usually on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread