Help Please!! No flavor when moving from V2 to iStick TC60

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsbucket

Feb 10, 2018
Hello All,
I switched to vaping 2 months ago and have quit smoking. I started off with a SMOK M17 stik and also bought a V2 Pro stick. I use store bought ejuice and with those two devices I successfully quit smoking.
I decided to move on to a better vaporizer (mod?) so that it will give me better battery life and also added control. Based upon my reading here, I bought an iStick TC60W and eGo Mega V2 tanks with CLR 0.5 and 1.0 coils (non TC coils).
Here are the problems I'm having and I'll appreciate any input/advise you can give me.
The juice I used is 50/50 blend.
1) I need to go up to about 16-18W for the 0.5 coil to give me a decent MTL draw/feel. The vape is thick but dry and there is no flavor. I cough sometimes with this setup.
2) I use 12W on the 1.0Ohm coil and it gives me decent flavor and no coughing.

I tried the same thing with a 70VG/30PG blend sweet ejuice and there is no coughing but the flavor problem is there.

When I use the same ejuices with 0.9Ohm V2 pen, I get super great flavor though the vapor is thinner and less (which I don't mind). I can feel the sweet taste on my tongue too which I like. I cannot get the same taste/feeling with either of the tanks on my iStick.

I really want to use the larger quantity tank and better battery life so I'll appreciate any input you can give me. Thanks.

bbsbucket

Feb 10, 2018
Hello All,

I tried various different experiments such as increasing wattage, played around with airflow with the 0.5 Ohm coil but didn't like a single result. Disheartened, I returned back to my V2 vape pen with 0.0Ohm coil and started using all e-juices in it (PG dominant, VG dominant and 50/50) and I enjoyed every one of them.

Today, I decided to try a 70VG/30PG sweeter ejuice in my iStick with a 1.0 Ohm coil and finally I've nailed it. I'm getting decent moist taste and flavor at 13W fully closed or about 5% open airflow. If I open it more, the MTL feeling goes away. Anyway, I think I will not use the 0.5Ohm coils anymore and just use 1.0 Ohm coils for all my e-juices regardless of the VG/PG ratio. I guess sub-ohm vaping is not for me as the vape is tasteless and dry. Increasing wattage gives me a burnt flavor and very warm/hot vape which I don't like.

One last question, since my coils are CLR coils, can I rewire my 0.5Ohm coils to 1.0Ohm coils?

Thank you for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread