Help please: Problem with VMOD XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midi

May 19, 2012
Italy
Hello:

I am new to this and I bought a Vmod XL which arrived 3 weeks ago.

It was all running smooth until yesterday, it just stopped working. Before when I clicked the button I could hear a sound (like the electricity burning the fluid), not anymore...

I tried both the Silo 2.2 ohm Cartomizer and Hybrid 2.0 ohm Atomizer. None works.

When I first put the battery on and try it, I get a very small amount of vapor (almost invisible), form the second time on, I get absolutely nothing.

I been charging the batter for hours and re-trying multiple times - all the same, no vapor...

As this happen to anybody else? Could the battery be dead? (both charger and battery are the vapage original that came with the pack). Could be the Vmod itself?

Any help please? Thanks

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
You need to use a multimeter to find out for sure if the battery and switch are working right.
It is also possible that the center post of the battery connector has been depressed by another cartomizer or atomizer with a longer than usual center post.

You can try to raise the center post of the battery by gently prying around the edge with a bent paper clip or toothpick. You only need to raise it a very small distance, perhaps .5mm. Then try it.

If you can get a small amount of vapor after each charge, then it's probably not the battery connection, but rather a battery or switch problem. I am not familiar enough with that model to know if it has other electronic circuitry that might be causing the problem. You really need a multimeter to diagnose it.

Midi

May 19, 2012
Italy
You need to use a multimeter to find out for sure if the battery and switch are working right.
It is also possible that the center post of the battery connector has been depressed by another cartomizer or atomizer with a longer than usual center post.

You can try to raise the center post of the battery by gently prying around the edge with a bent paper clip or toothpick. You only need to raise it a very small distance, perhaps .5mm. Then try it.

If you can get a small amount of vapor after each charge, then it's probably not the battery connection, but rather a battery or switch problem. I am not familiar enough with that model to know if it has other electronic circuitry that might be causing the problem. You really need a multimeter to diagnose it.

Unfortunately I do not have a multimeter, I am in a temporary work abroad, maybe I can borrow one at a store just to check if the battery is loaded.

There is one strange thing. The red indicator in the charger should change green, but never does...

Thank you for your answer

Midi

May 19, 2012
Italy
Chief Thumber:

Could be.

When I started about 3 weeks ago I used only the silo, the one supposed to act as a cartomizer. When this problem started, I tried the other one (for the first time). However the result was the same... nothing happens... not even the smallest noise of the electricity burning the fluid which was quite noticeable when it was fine...

For how long have you been using and how often do you change these things?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Could be a bad charger or battery. Check the button, too. Turn it clockwise. This is "On". Counter-clockwise is "Off" (prevents misfire). Another issue with newer VmodXLs is that the threads are very tight. I wouldn't suggest torquing the heck outta the atty/carto, but make sure it's snug and repeatedly tighten-untighten to "open" the threads or break them in.

Midi

May 19, 2012
Italy
Could be a bad charger or battery. Check the button, too. Turn it clockwise. This is "On". Counter-clockwise is "Off" (prevents misfire). Another issue with newer VmodXLs is that the threads are very tight. I wouldn't suggest torquing the heck outta the atty/carto, but make sure it's snug and repeatedly tighten-untighten to "open" the threads or break them in.

Well, the button is working fine, I do turn it properly and I tried without the case to see if the button was really pressing the button to contact with the battery. That it does perfectly.

I have also screwed and unscrewed both the silo and the hybrid. None of them is working well...

So I believe the changes are: Battery, charger, or the atomizer... not sure how I will figure which...

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
When using you put the battery in it is decompressing the spring?

I had the pleasure of a shorted atty as the first thing I tried in my XL. Spring did its job but needed to be stretched out again to work again.

I guess you have another 510 threaded device? Try the carto on that to see if it works. Then just try anything that you know works on another device .

If so try on the VMod. If no go try changing the battery. I was lucky in that I had other 18650 PV's to test with and work it out.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Midi

May 19, 2012
Italy
I don't have other stuff to try on it... all I have came from Vapage. One Vmod kit plus another kit with normal e-cigs... spent around 450 dollars to buy both kits plus a supply of e-liquid and cartomizers (not to mention what I had to pay of customs when I received it).

This is quite depressing to read, I thought I would pay some money for a "good and expensive" thing like the VMod XL and then I could relax for a while (lasted 3 weeks).

But from all I am reading from multiple sides, this is a piece of equipment where most of its components are sort of disposable "use, through away, and order a new part"... 10 to 25 dollars depending on the part...

Like this better buy some cheap chinese ego-T... same problem (or less), but cheaper replacements...

I will contact Vapage Monday and see what they have to say...

When using you put the battery in it is decompressing the spring?

I had the pleasure of a shorted atty as the first thing I tried in my XL. Spring did its job but needed to be stretched out again to work again.

I guess you have another 510 threaded device? Try the carto on that to see if it works. Then just try anything that you know works on another device .

If so try on the VMod. If no go try changing the battery. I was lucky in that I had other 18650 PV's to test with and work it out.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread