Help please: Problem with VMOD XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, if I plug into the wall without battery, it is always pure green. If I put the battery on its red.

Usually it would change to green after a couple of long hours. Not anymore...

This points to a battery problem. I have a 2 month old V-mod that I'm still happy with but I got mine at All About Vapor who included 2 trustfire batteries in their kit. I eventually wore out the hybrid atty and silo carto (they stll work though - just gunked up and with my 100% vg juices) and am using cisco lr attys, but it sounds like yours are just not getting enough power from the battery. I would advise picking up a quality 18650 (or 2 - AW batteries are recommended) as it appears vapage sent you a dud. You may want to contact them and see what they can do about it.

Midi

May 19, 2012
Italy
Oh wait... Vapage will only give you some worthless store credit:evil:

Thanks for the warning, only problem (if that is true)... is that my keyboard would get on fire from typing their policy all over the web and also my ugly mud would be seen on youtube... I made 2 orders in a single month worth of over 450 dollars, not to mention the extra 110 dollars that I paid of customs for the international delivery. Things can fail, but I would be seriously ...... if they let me down now... well, I sent a polite email, today is Monday so lets see what they will answer...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Buy a Rio next time. I have had both and the Rio is better. Actually send it back and buy a Rio.... That's what I did.

One would think if you actually used someones APV, they would actually know how to spell the name, (misspelled 3 times)..... Its REOS!!!!!! You must be one of those want to be fanboys.....

Midi

May 19, 2012
Italy
Oh wait... Vapage will only give you some worthless store credit:evil:

Wrong! That is inaccurate. Vapage just replied to me:

They refund you in store credit AND they discount 15% for "restocking fee". Since you also have to pay shipping fees to send their home made design back, you end up with just bull.... credit store equal to what you pay just to ship the trash back...

They are so confident about their great stuff that they give a "limited" warranty of 6 entire months for batteries, battery chargers and chassis... Words of Vapage!

Seriously Vapage? Do you expect a chassis of a VMOD, a chinese battery and the cheapest battery charger you could find at the kids store in Beijing to last that long????? Mine last 3 weeks...

The best thing about it is the Customer support! They sent me an initial reply with some sort of automated answer mentioning "we are sorry you are having problems with vapage product, but we have good news"... LOL (seriously LOL, good news??? )

After that, they started to quote me their "internal constitutional small print".

This to a client that spent 462 dollars (plus 110 in customs fees) in a single month for a pile of their trash, some of it didn't work from the beginning, other lasted weeks.

And more, but the rest I will write in more appropriate reviews.

Vapage, never again! What a rip off for a defective product.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Wrong! That is inaccurate. Vapage just replied to me:

They refund you in store credit AND they discount 15% for "restocking fee". Since you also have to pay shipping fees to send their home made design back, you end up with just bull.... credit store equal to what you pay just to ship the trash back...

They are so confident about their great stuff that they give a "limited" warranty of 6 entire months for batteries, battery chargers and chassis... Words of Vapage!

Seriously Vapage? Do you expect a chassis of a VMOD, a chinese battery and the cheapest battery charger you could find at the kids store in Beijing to last that long????? Mine last 3 weeks...

The best thing about it is the Customer support! They sent me an initial reply with some sort of automated answer mentioning "we are sorry you are having problems with vapage product, but we have good news"... LOL (seriously LOL, good news??? )

After that, they started to quote me their "internal constitutional small print".

This to a client that spent 462 dollars (plus 110 in customs fees) in a single month for a pile of their trash, some of it didn't work from the beginning, other lasted weeks.

And more, but the rest I will write in more appropriate reviews.

Vapage, never again! What a rip off for a defective product.

How long you been vaping?

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
When I read that the charger stayed red I get a little deja vu. I turned to my left and sure enough it was still red. Initially it had gone thru a red orange green cycle... and charged up to 3.92 volts. Oh well , I pull it from the charger and test it. 4.2 volts!!
Yessir it charged up just fine, liight'd still red though.
I really like this gear. The carto got kilt by my 'cino juice aka " cart killer".
The atomizer works well (no 'cino, lol).
I have several different carts where I had to pull the bottom center piece down to make contact . A paper clip into the center hole and a little wiggle and you'll see these are loose by design.
The threads can be troublesome when new, I have read. A little juice as a lube may help, working it back and forth. The atomizer and carto with the kit already have the center post extended, so working the threads may be more beneficial. It can be too tight, just tight enough for the post to make solid contact is best. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread