help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helfrd0771

Sep 10, 2014
minneapolis mn
I'm looking to quit smoking. I picked up a kenger evod 2 and an evod vv. My problem is that vaping really seems to hurt. I've lowered my nic content and it's helped, but I'm not sure it will be enough nic to help me quit. Do you have any advice?

A little more info:
I'm a pack a day smoker now down to 10mg of nic, I still get some plain once in a while. I think it's from smoking and vaping.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
No problem.... just to see if the VG helps (before you waste money on various juices) you could go to Wal-Mart or some other local stores and buy a bottle of pure vegetable glycerin... mix up about 90-95% of that with 5-10% distilled water and try to vape that... it won't have any flavor or nicotine, but you can try it to see if it hurts your throat as much as your current juice does...

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
How does it hurt? Too hard on the throat and chest? If so, you might want to go higher VG and lower the PG. PG gives you the throat hit as well as nic level. Lower the PG but keep the nic level up to satisfy you from the cig cravings. See if that helps you out. Good luck! Quitting the smokes is one of the hardest things anyone can do, and most of us would still be smoking if it weren't for vaping.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
1) Drink water to offset the drying effect.

2) Is the setup performing well? Sometimes a poorly performing rig can be harsh. Either too hot, too cool, or not wicking well.

3) Try other flavors too. Maybe you're sensitive to some ingredients. Did you ever try nic gum or lozenges? Did they have any unexpected effects?

VannyPak

Sep 2, 2014
Amarillo, TX
I agree with everyone else but I do have to ask how you're vaping? Are you trying to vape just like you smoke a cigarette? You have to remember vaping is completely different than regular smoking. Instead of taking deep lung pulls like you would with a analog cigarette take shallower pulls and hold the vapor in your mouth before inhaling. Nicotine is absorbed through your mouth and nasal membranes when you vape vs. your lungs when you smoke.

VannyPak

Sep 2, 2014
Amarillo, TX
How does it hurt? Too hard on the throat and chest?

Okay. Since you take shallower pulls how does it hurt? Your nic level seems to be in a good range for what you used to smoke. The other thing I could think of would be the PG/VG ratio in your juice.

You said you think it might be smoking and vaping combined...have you tried just vaping all day to see if the pain went away?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm looking to quit smoking. I picked up a kenger evod 2 and an evod vv. My problem is that vaping really seems to hurt. I've lowered my nic content and it's helped, but I'm not sure it will be enough nic to help me quit. Do you have any advice?

A little more info:
I'm a pack a day smoker now down to 10mg of nic, I still get some plain once in a while. I think it's from smoking and vaping.

Keep 2 tanks; one tank with the higher nicotine, and only take an occassional puff on that one, while using the lower strength tank as your main.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread